2019 Hurricane Season

T&C

10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I  have friends in World Golf Village (where I've spend the past two hurricanes). I may go there tomorrow, if it looks dicey.

The only B word is no power...  you'll be able to see that on your phone.

On 8/30/2019 at 3:41 PM, That's No Moon said:

Mar-A-Lago is pretty near the center of that track.  It would be a damned shame if that got wiped of the face of the Earth.

Trust me. We will all end up paying for it to rebuilt it ASAP.

Speaking of Mar-a-Lago, I'm surprised this guy wasn't put in charge of NOAA. He's got some real, common sense solutions to these here hurricane issues.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, T&C said:

No photo description available.

Where is Election Day there.  Voters love storms.

39 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

A WNW turn. Better than nothing I guess. Just wish it would make a move N sooner than later. The longer it takes the worse it will be for the coast.

It ain't a jet plane with Nose-Wheel steering.  I will shoot video of my wife pulling the car into the driveway.  You'll have greater appreciation for Dorian's track.  LoL...

Just got back from goofing around at the beach in Juno Beach, FL...this is the northern suburbs of West Palm Beach.

There are hundreds of people over there checking out the waves, some surfers enjoying the big waves and in general tons of activity.  Hard to find parking spots.

The eye of the hurricane right now is about dead even with where I am in terms of latitude, and it's about 95 miles from here.

When the hurricane spins and weather bands hit us from the north, the wind picks up for a bit and we get a little rain, but that's it.  This entire storm is going to amount to a non-story for this part of FL.

I just opened up the storm shutters on the window where I am working to get some daylight in here.  It's actually calm and quiet outside.  

I am thinking of Exiled in Illinois' sister who evacuated up in Stuart.  That was probably unnecessary, but better safe than sorry.

Sounds like the weather will hit is peak of severity for me around 2:00am tonight.

2 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Kinda off topic, but I was curious about the next storm name, E...found out it would be Erin. I was curious if there ever was an Eric (my name). I found this: 

On January 16, the storm developed-hurricane-force winds and Eric began to undergo rapid deepening. ... Shortly after its peak, Eric began to weaken steadily, and by January 20, Severe Tropical Cyclone Eric had ceased to exist

Yep, pretty much the story of my life. ?

My name is Andrew.  They're not allowed to name storms after me anymore :devil:

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It ain't a jet plane with Nose-Wheel steering.  I will shoot video of my wife pulling the car into the driveway.  You'll have greater appreciation for Dorian's track.  LoL...

What the blue hell are you babbling about now? lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Forward, or backing in?

Funny, watching different Florida news stations with the 5pm update some call it stationary and some call it moving at 0 mph.

I can't wait to get the ***** out of this hell hole of a state.

Edited by T&C

6 minutes ago, T&C said:

Funny, watching different Florida news stations with the 5pm update some call it stationary and some call it moving at 0 mph.

I can't wait to get the ***** out of this hell hole of a state.

Riverside Jacksonville?

Ever to to Pattaya Thai on King Street? I almost went there for lunch last Wednesday but couldn't get there before they closed until dinner.  Russell is a great guy and makes terrific Thai Food---at least for this area. He's not afraid to go for it with the heat, either, if you ask him to.

11 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Riverside Jacksonville?

Ever to to Pattaya Thai on King Street? I almost went there for lunch last Wednesday but couldn't get there before they closed until dinner.  Russell is a great guy and makes terrific Thai Food---at least for this area. He's not afraid to go for it with the heat, either, if you ask him to.

Alafia river outside of Tampa with my sugar magnolia. Never been up that way.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, T&C said:

Alafia river outside of Tampa with my sugar magnolia. Never been up that way.

Great song. 

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Good stuff. Thankfully I'm not "from" Florida. I'm just stuck here.

6 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Great song. 

Using Florida internet... that version of Sugar Magnolia was way sped up, sounds like a cartoon... maybe should consider Alabama internet, where things are a bit slower.

From the Buff... kind of stuck here for now anyways.

Edited by T&C

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sorry... Too deep way too deep.  Carry on.

Babble babble. I said (according to the diagram on pg 1) that it finally started to move WNW and you yip yapping about airplanes and your wifes car pulling in the drive way. Think you just wanted to babble, but yes, you carry on.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Whatever you do while you're down there, try to stay out of the news.  Doesn't matter what you do, but if you end up in the news down there you will forever be  remembered as...

"A Florida man"

• Haha (+1) 1