2019 Hurricane Season

T&C

38 minutes ago, Tux of Borg said:

South Carolina is doing a mandatory coastal evacuation tomorrow starting at noon. 

Had no idea... makes sense though, It might just plow straight up there. Update a few minutes away.

33 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I'm waiting for the hurricane to go backwards at this point.

I know right. Eyewall is changing right now... need more of a northern trend although at 1 mph that could take awhile.

We're under a mandatory evacuation starting sometime today. I still haven't quite figured out if I'm staying or going. I definately prefer to stick around, if possible. If I leave it will be at the last minute.

Kinda off topic, but I was curious about the next storm name, E...found out it would be Erin. I was curious if there ever was an Eric (my name). I found this: 

On January 16, the storm developed-hurricane-force winds and Eric began to undergo rapid deepening. ... Shortly after its peak, Eric began to weaken steadily, and by January 20, Severe Tropical Cyclone Eric had ceased to exist

Yep, pretty much the story of my life. ?

34 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Beautiful. Last I read it was moving forward at 1 MPH

It still is, at last report anyways. If you are right on the beach I would for sure move back maybe one county... if it takes the current track. Looks to be a glancing blow, hopefully less than that. 

Dorian has churned up cooler water by sitting in one place for this amount of time so that helps with the slow fading of intensity.

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

It still is, at last report anyways. If you are right on the beach I would for sure move back maybe one county... if it takes the current track. Looks to be a glancing blow, hopefully less than that. 

Dorian has churned up cooler water by sitting in one place for this amount of time so that helps with the slow fading of intensity.

I  have friends in World Golf Village (where I've spend the past two hurricanes). I may go there tomorrow, if it looks dicey.