Do You Remember Where You Were the First Time You Heard A Song?

T&C

16 hours ago, stony said:

Oasis Wonderwall.  Blew me away then and still does in the right setting.

who did the parody of this with his ending line repeating 12 times screaming "by ripping off the Beatles!!!!!"

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

who did the parody of this with his ending line repeating 12 times screaming "by ripping off the Beatles!!!!!"

Probably Liam to screw w his bother. 

The Ed Sullivan Show with my family all gathered around the TV...

She Loves You Yeah Yeah Yeah - Beatles

I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles

I’m Henry the 8th I Am - Herman’s Hermits

Probably several other songs in that era the debuted on the Ed Sullivan Show

On 7/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, Gray Beard said:

The Ed Sullivan Show with my family all gathered around the TV...

She Loves You Yeah Yeah Yeah - Beatles

I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles

I’m Henry the 8th I Am - Herman’s Hermits

Probably several other songs in that era the debuted on the Ed Sullivan Show

I don't know if they were the 1st I ever heard, but those were my 1st 2 favorites lol.

My wife and I just returned from a road trip. Along the way, we listened to Led Zeppelin II. I was just telling her that this album was my intro to LZ back in the early 70s, and the first time I heard to it was at a friend's house. We had Whole Lotta Love cranked when his mom came home from work and said, "WHAT in THE HELL are you boys listening to???"

Many years later, some college buddies turned me on to the Grateful Dead, mostly through bootleg tapes, so I didn't know any songs, but I loved the jams. When I went to grad school in Binghamton, I found a used record store where I stumbled across a copy of Blues for Allah, so I bought it. The first "song" (actually three songs with no stops in between) was Help on the Way/Slipknot/Franklin's Tower. I was immediately blown away, and to this day it's my favorite Dead song. (Live versions are even better that the studio version.)

• Like (+1) 1

I heard Wild Horses on the radio today. Had a little flashback to the Stones in 1975ish (?) at Rich stadium. I don’t think I had heard that song until that moment, and THAT was quite a moment! 

The first I heard, but remember this, with my father in our '64(ish) beige convertible Plymouth Valiant:

1964-plymouth-valiant-convertible340-fac

We'd go to the Coast Guard Exchange (CGX) for his cartons of  tax free Camel cigarettes... I had to be about 4-5 years old... 1972-1973 He'd stop on/at the Ohio Street slip and let me wiz in Lake Erie... That's where it all began!!!

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

My wife and I just returned from a road trip. Along the way, we listened to Led Zeppelin II. I was just telling her that this album was my intro to LZ back in the early 70s, and the first time I heard to it was at a friend's house. We had Whole Lotta Love cranked when his mom came home from work and said, "WHAT in THE HELL are you boys listening to???"

Many years later, some college buddies turned me on to the Grateful Dead, mostly through bootleg tapes, so I didn't know any songs, but I loved the jams. When I went to grad school in Binghamton, I found a used record store where I stumbled across a copy of Blues for Allah, so I bought it. The first "song" (actually three songs with no stops in between) was Help on the Way/Slipknot/Franklin's Tower. I was immediately blown away, and to this day it's my favorite Dead song. (Live versions are even better that the studio version.)

My first introduction to LZ. I was 9 or so... we lived in Lancaster and went to visit my Mom's friend in I think Cheektowaga, not sure on that though, it matters not nor does my spelling. 

Anyways, we arrive and her friend Claudia puts me in the recliner soon after with a headset... she puts LZ2 on and then headed back out to have coffee with my Mom. 

Her husband was a professor and had a huge reel to reel collection... so, the first time I heard Zep was on a reel to reel tape with whatever the most advanced headphones were out there at that time.

As of this time though, I am Zepped out... no corners to turn anymore. Like a lot of other bands. Sometimes I take a couple of years break... but of course that doesn't win out in the end.