OT - Two new Bills Fans

Thomas Paul was delivered 4/2 at 11:24AM weighing in at 3lbs.,5oz.

Nathan Gordon was delivered 4/2 at 11:25AM weighing in at 3lbs.

While the boys are in the NICU at Brigham and Women's in Boston, they seem to be doing better than expected for babies delivered at 7 months. They are having trouble breathing on their own and won't be able to nurse on their for a little while...

I already am severely lacking sleep.... B-):angry:

While the boys are in the NICU at Brigham and Women's in Boston, they seem to be doing better than expected for babies delivered at 7 months.  They are having trouble breathing on their own and won't be able to nurse on their for a little while...

I already am severely lacking sleep.... B-)  :angry:

294444[/snapback]

Congrats!!! wonderful!!! God bless you!!!!

sincerely ,

Tcali

Congrats! Our twins were born in December right across the street at Beth Israel. You're in for quite a ride with two at the same time!

Do yourself a favor and join up with MMOTA (Mass Mothers of Twins Association) - it a group for people who have multiples.

PM me if you want to talk twins...

While the boys are in the NICU at Brigham and Women's in Boston, they seem to be doing better than expected for babies delivered at 7 months.  They are having trouble breathing on their own and won't be able to nurse on their for a little while...

I already am severely lacking sleep.... :doh:  :)

294444[/snapback]

Congratulations.

I hope they are all right. My best wishes goes to you and your family.

294444[/snapback]

Congratulations on the new twins. I hope everything works out for the best for you and your family

Congrats and prayers for you.  One of my best friends had premie twins, in the 1.5 pound range when born.  It was a long road home for them, but the boys are fine now.

294455[/snapback]

You have know idea how great it is to hear that. Thanks!

294444[/snapback]

Hey hang in there. We had twins a few months ago. They came 6 weeks early...a little bigger than yours but not much. Once they start nursing normally they will gain about an ounce a day. After 3 months you won't believe they were ever this small. good luck!

Mazel Tov! Garrison Keillor's ode to premies (and bear in mind, esp. for the meaning of "crappie," he's Minnesotan :)).... I believe it's called "Jeffrey's Poem."

When I first saw you, kid, you were tiny and thin

And slimy and red and your head was mooshed in.

I said to your mother, "He looks kind of sloppy,

And a pound fifteen ounces ain't that big for a crappie."

But something about you, the look in your eyes,

Said you fully intended to grow to full size.

They slapped your backside and you let out a cry,

And I said, "We will keep him, at least we shall try."

Some babies are born in nine months, by the clock,

Some babies are born, and they sit up and talk.

Some babies are born and no doctor is there,

But some babies come in on a wing and a prayer.

Poor little fetus as big as my hand.

Poor little fish thrown up on dry land.

Who came in late March though you had till July,

Too small to live and too precious to die.

They shipped you across to the big Neonatal

Intensive Care Unit's computerized cradle.

And attached you to wires and stuck you with tubes

Monitored closely by digital cubes.

And thanks to the latest neonatal therapeusis

And regular basting with greases from gooses

And your Mama's milk intravenously fed

You did not fade away, you grew up instead.

We'll always remember the months that you spent

With tubes everywhere and hooked up to the vent

And the trach in your neck, the wires attached,

Sweet little baby only half hatched.

I'll always remember each doctor and nurse in

The NICU who helped make you a person.

The kid who crash-landed, was carried away,

Survived, and turns two years old today.

Congrats! :doh: Pics soon?

294512[/snapback]

It's weak, I know, but there is a pic of Tommy in my personal photo and Nathan is holding my index finger in my avatar...

I set up a web page later.

I guess they are doing well for 31 weekers. They are breathing without respirators, but they need the air blowing into their noses to keep the lungs from colapsing. But they are breathing with their own muscles... :devil:

Time to go back to the hospital.

Avenger, I'll PM you once things settle down a little. Thanks.

It's weak, I know, but there is a pic of Tommy in my personal photo and Nathan is holding my index finger in my avatar...

I set up a web page later.

I guess they are doing well for 31 weekers.  They are breathing without respirators, but they need the air blowing into their noses to keep the lungs from colapsing.  But they are breathing with their own muscles... :devil:

Time to go back to the hospital.

Avenger, I'll PM you once things settle down a little.  Thanks.

295113[/snapback]

wow, great pic... how cute! good luck with everything man..

295113[/snapback]

Weak? Listen dad those are the most powerful pictures that I have seen in quite some time. Hold 'em close.

What a blessing! As a fellow mother of wonderful twin daughters, I would urge you to:

1. Accept ALL the help you are offered - you'll need it ( even if it means having family you don't like around helping :devil:

2. Encourage your wife to nurse as long as she is able (it will help the lung development and make a real difference later).

3. Consider giving them individual names. Soundalike names sound cute right now, but researchers advise against it - especially for boy twins.

4. Don't sweat the small stuff - and don't mind the messy house - you'll get so little sleep in the first 2-3 months that you'll wonder how to get through it.

But amazingly, we all do.

5. Get involved with a parents of multiples group - they can pass on such wonderful advice, research and timesaving hints - it can be a lifesaver!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I already am severely lacking sleep.... :o  :rolleyes:

294444[/snapback]

Congrats buddy! Twins!! (from Everybody Loves Raymond) "are you a man or what!" :o Seriously though, I wish them all the best.

I already am severely lacking sleep.... :huh:  :huh:

294444[/snapback]

Congrats from this father of twins.

Don't worry about lack of sleep - your body will just go on autopilot. It is amazing what the human body is capable of - especially as it relates to taking care of something as precious as your own babies.

My advice is to try your best to always take note and be aware of things as you are going through it. Even the times you think are hard - don't ever wish it away. I look back now at the those harried times with screaming babies in stereo with a smile on my face (even if I wasn't always smiling then :lol:). It is cliche - but it will go so fast...

Congrats from this father of twins.

Don't worry about lack of sleep - your body will just go on autopilot.  It is amazing what the human body is capable of - especially as it relates to taking care of something as precious as your own babies.

My advice is to try your best to always take note and be aware of things as you are going through it.  Even the times you think are hard - don't ever wish it away.  I look back now at the those harried times with screaming babies in stereo with a smile on my face (even if I wasn't always smiling then :huh:).  It is cliche - but it will go so fast...

296225[/snapback]

Yeah, if you think time is flying now, just wait....It's a weird feeling...sometimes the "bad nights" can seem interminable, but the weeks just fly by....

Yeah, if you think time is flying now, just wait....It's a weird feeling...sometimes the "bad nights" can seem interminable, but the weeks just fly by....

296249[/snapback]

Funny, I was just telling someone the other day how my son can be a screaming holy terror for a solid hour and you feel like you want to jump off the roof, and all he needs to do is giggle at me just once and I'm ready for another hour of terror.

You're still in our thoughts, KR. Keep us posted.

I have a premie too. He is four and doing great now. Your twins are a pretty good weight. It amazing what they can do at nicu's these days. The hospital does not like to tell you a time frame that gets your hopes up if there are any complications, but you are probably looking at about 4-5 weeks at the nicu.

The oxygen is pretty common. When a premie is born there is a lot of fluid in the lungs and the oxygen just keeps the lungs opened well.

Good luck!

Today was crazy! There were 25 week old triplets born today and two of them endded up on either side of Nate. Because of the gravity of their condition, we were asked to wait outside for a couple of hours until thing settled down. If it calmed down, I wouldn't want to see things unsettled as it seemed like one of the triplets was always having some type of problem even when we were let in.

However, once we got it, we were able to finally see Nate without the CPAP!(the fat tube on his nose) His profile looks just like the ultrasounds. In addition, he decided to catch up to his brother by skipping the little oxygen tube that Tommy has been sporting the last couple of days. Tom decided it was time to give up his O2 fix, so niether boy needs any assistance breathing other than the caffeine Tommy gets to control apnea. He'll get that probably until he gets to go home. ]

Tommy weighed in 40g heavier than yesterday - 3lbs., 3oz. Nate was down by 30g, but think that was because of the lack of the CPAP apparatis. He comes in at a rotund 2lbs., 13oz. They both took their increase in food well and have a good chance of having the IVs removed tomorrow!

That means they no longer need a Class 3 NICU, and could move to the Class 2 facility at Emerson Hospital where Jen could sleep there with her babies. It is also much closer to home and work.

They have another hurdle tommorrow. Babies born at their age have a small chance of bleeding in the brain, which would severely limit their sight. Tommy and Nate will have have an ultrasound of their brains either tommorrow or Monday.

So all in all, it looks like we have a pair of healthy (albiet tiny) babies... Now we just need to get them home.

con grats --- are you sure they are both yours  :blink:  :D  ;)  :lol:  :D just kidding best wishes to you and the wife

299436[/snapback]

If they're anything like me, there will be times I wish they weren't... :D