Bear Cam is back

22 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You're permanent record is probably ten volumes long dating back to your naked swimming days in middle school.

If his permanent record includes subsets of his posts ten volumes would be scratching the surface.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You have no idea.

Or do you?

Well I never defended Chicago's inland waterways against the scourge of Asian Carp, but I probably stayed in a Holiday Inn Express at least once in my life. So that's a definite maybe.

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

The rules are simple: post a valid link to a real news story that we can discuss. @mead107 saved your bacon in this thread by posting an actual link to bear cams. @Gugny and @ExiledInIllinois have also posted links to librarians and water levels in our lower 48. Your attempts to lure us into watching exhibits at Cincinnati’s municipal zoo where the trainers throw fish into a lazy river fall short. Thanks for monitoring this @Chandler#81  

277CA05F-F73A-4348-A6AD-3E9B0E32EB85.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That was me at Edison Tech. 

EII is too young for that era.   

Missed nekkid swimming by one year @ West Seneca West Jr. High.  I was born 1968.  Jr. High was 7th grade... We were the first year of coed swim, 1980... And all girls and boys had to take both I.A. (shop) AND HomeEc.

43 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

He did it because he liked it.

Nope missed it by one year @ West.  They went right up to 1979 with nekkid swim. 1980 was coed in West Seneca Schools.

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Missed nekkid swimming by one year @ West Seneca West Jr. High.  I was born 1968.  Jr. High was 7th grade... We were the first year of coed swim, 1980... And all girls and boys had to take both I.A. (shop) AND HomeEc.

Nope missed it by one year @ West.  They went right up to 1979 with nekkid swim. 1980 was coed in West Seneca Schools.

Didn't stop you & @BringBackFergy has the proof.

5 minutes ago, mead107 said:

You in cahoots with @Cripple Creek ? I am not falling for it!  That was shot on a Hollywood Sound Set.  Once @BringBackFergy gets here... He'll prove that is Theodore or Alvin from "The Chipmunks!"

We don't tolerate bringing in Hollywood "ringers" here!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

Now... If you wanna see the real deal.  Bookmark this page.  This is the USACE-RI "Eagle Cam" among other cams for your perusing and viewing enjoyment!

Enjoy!

https://www.mvr.usace.army.mil/Media/Web-Cameras/

Eagles are best viewed in winter.  Sorry, gotta wait this is live.  But there is lock action @ Lock #15 (Rock Island) and Government Bridge excitement.  The Government Bridge in R.Island is one of the hand full of bridges in this country that enable a plane, train, car, and boat to all travel over one another:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Bridge

And it's a swing/turntable span:

Govt_bridge_anim2.gif

That's some serious, heavy duty .gif action there.  Lock, towboat, barge tow, swing bridge... The whole nine yards can be watched live in my link I posted above!

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Now... If you wanna see the real deal.  Bookmark this page.  This is the USACE-RI "Eagle Cam" among other cams for your perusing and viewing enjoyment!

Enjoy!

https://www.mvr.usace.army.mil/Media/Web-Cameras/

Eagles are best viewed in winter.  Sorry, gotta wait this is live.  But there is lock action @ Lock #15 (Rock Island) and Government Bridge excitement.  The Government Bridge in R.Island is one of the hand full of bridges in this country that enable a plane, train, car, and boat to all travel over one another:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Bridge

And it's a swing/turntable span:

Govt_bridge_anim2.gif

That's some serious, heavy duty .gif action there.  Lock, towboat, barge tow, swing bridge... The whole nine yards can be watched live in my link I posted above!

Yet another contrived illustration of lock management. With all the computer design engineers around these days one would think they would get rid of the blurry lines and off ratio graphics. That’s nothing but a sad attempt at creating the illusion of lock tending. There’s no oil slick, speed boats or wildflower gardens. Nice try Exiled. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yet another contrived illustration of lock management. With all the computer design engineers around these days one would think they would get rid of the blurry lines and off ratio graphics. That’s nothing but a sad attempt at creating the illusion of lock tending. There’s no oil slick, speed boats or wildflower gardens. Nice try Exiled. 

From the annals of the "Lock & Dam Whitetail Deer Cam"... Look closely, zoom in.  This ain't no @Cripple Creek or @mead107 FakeNews®!

A co-worker sent this to me yesterday.  They were locking boats to The Lake when a whitetail deer swam in with the boats... Made it all the way up chamber, 1,000 feet to where the upper lock gates recesses were.  If he would have filled it, would have drowned the poor confused deer.  They had a jetskier chase them back out and to shore.

No deer allowed!  USC 33 CFR 207.300.  LoL... /smh

IMG956278.jpg

Hard to get compression to fit in under site rules!

20190704_195828_1.jpg

This thread proves, yet again, how all things circle back to lock systems and inland waters. The OP was hoping to spark a discussion re. domesticated/trained bears eating salmon while in captivity, and Exiled has related it somehow to locks in the mid-west. Exiled’s ability to link all facets of our society and lives to his career (albeit a part time job) is uncanny. 

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  I was off @ 0600 yesterday.  That's a co-worker.

Hi-viz wear is all the rage now! /smh...

I have all my people wear safety green/yellow/orange HiVis stuff so I can see them as I reverse over them with the tractor. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I have all my people wear safety green/yellow/orange HiVis stuff so I can see them as I reverse over them with the tractor. 

When the bosses aren't here... The hi-viz gets lost.  We work 70-75% of all available hours with out middle managers.

Dumb, hair brained idea.  No way I am wearing hi-viz in Chicago!  Like the natives fighting the Red Coats.  Safety Office can be really dumb.  They don't live in the real world!  They push pencils all day!

Now... Some guys choose to not break the protocol.  I am not being a walking target practice!

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

From the annals of the "Lock & Dam Whitetail Deer Cam"... Look closely, zoom in.  This ain't no @Cripple Creek or @mead107 FakeNews®!

A co-worker sent this to me yesterday.  They were locking boats to The Lake when a whitetail deer swam in with the boats... Made it all the way up chamber, 1,000 feet to where the upper lock gates recesses were.  If he would have filled it, would have drowned the poor confused deer.  They had a jetskier chase them back out and to shore.

No deer allowed!  USC 33 CFR 207.300.  LoL... /smh

IMG956278.jpg

Hard to get compression to fit in under site rules!

20190704_195828_1.jpg

Now you think you're a Game Warden too?