S**t Show

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

And you'll get yours, Mrs. Robinson, foolin' with that young stuff like you do

Mr. Simon shook his head and noted that he didn't feel Frank got the true meaning of the song....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm sure it's been around forever but it seems like it really became a popular buzzword amongst college kids and 20 something year olds to describe their nights out and/or their levels of drunkenness during the 2010's Era. 

Haha possibly.  It just seems like everyone says it nowadays to me at least.  It's been established the phrase was always around.

To me that phrase became what NOT! was in the early 90s, everybody used to use it.  Help popularized by Wayne's World.  Today it's rarely used   

On 5/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, Another Fan said:

I hear people a lot using that phrase.  Even upper management where I work.  At least five times a day.  Heck even a mod used that phrase when explaining how game day threads can get.

It entered my vocabulary around 2013ish.  I don’t remember in the 90s people using it that much.

Has society evolved in such a way that’s such a buzz phrase?

It’s a lot less grating than say, “trust the process.”

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm sure it's been around forever but it seems like it really became a popular buzzword amongst college kids and 20 something year olds to describe their nights out and/or their levels of drunkenness during the 2010's Era. 

I had never heard the phrase until I caught up with an old friend around 5 years ago. He used it in a business context that night.....incessantly. His son was a high school senior. Maybe his co-workers had college age kids. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I suspect Jets fans are using the term a good bit. 

For my money they can never use it enough.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, Another Fan said:

I hear people a lot using that phrase.  Even upper management where I work.  At least five times a day.  Heck even a mod used that phrase when explaining how game day threads can get.

It entered my vocabulary around 2013ish.  I don’t remember in the 90s people using it that much.

Has society evolved in such a way that’s such a buzz phrase?

My father called people he thought were silly or ignorant...

Jamoli's.

No clue why.

Language moves like this all the time; it's only going to get faster with the internet.

A few of the more recent additions to popular conversation that I personally can't stand:

"Narrative" instead of "story".  

"It is what it is" which really says nothing. 

and the one I hate most of all...

"optics" instead of "appearance".

Someone hears someone use a term like "optics" in the way it is often used these days, thinks it sounds intelligent, and has a desire to sound intelligent himself, and so he starts using it himself, despite the original use being not particularly apt in the first place.

You hear "optics" a lot in political wonk circles these days, for example.