Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

That could be a lot of things.  Someone at a very low level of the organization could have messed up a jersey order and this rant hit that person square in the face.  A good organization makes mistakes sometimes and they also protect employees at all levels.  I'm not saying that's it for sure, but it's possible.

It's different than ranting about the schlock Botterill has trotted out onto the ice and watching him spin Dylan Friggin Cozens trip to the World Junior Finals as somehow giving the Sabres organization valuable playoff experience.  Yes.  He did that.  The guy is not a real GM.

More bad jersey stuff for the Sabres. 

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

That could be a lot of things.  Someone at a very low level of the organization could have messed up a jersey order and this rant hit that person square in the face.  A good organization makes mistakes sometimes and they also protect employees at all levels.  I'm not saying that's it for sure, but it's possible.

It's different than ranting about the schlock Botterill has trotted out onto the ice and watching him spin Dylan Friggin Cozens trip to the World Junior Finals as somehow giving the Sabres organization valuable playoff experience.  Yes.  He did that.  The guy is not a real GM.

I disagree.

If the organization hadn’t become such a damned laughing stock....and that IS what they are, a laughing stock, over the past five plus years, then you could excuse the jersey crap.....maybe.

But, that was just in-line with every ducking thing else that has taken place under the Pegula reign of terror. This team is a damned joke and to embarrass alumni from when they actually iced a good team is damned inexcusable. The internet? Did they just guess how to spell names? It sure seems it.

Terry and Kim Pegula should be ashamed at what they have done to a once proud franchise.

Hockey Heaven? 

Laugh My ***** Ass Off.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

If I'm Pegula and I don't pull the trigger on Botts tonight, I forbid deadline trades.  Why would I want this guy picking up more crap like Vesey/Sheary/Frolik et al?  Why would I let him trade away talent like Risto knowing we'd get nothing of value in return?

The season is over.  Clearly.  Dump Botts now or wait until year end, I don't care.  But for the love of God do not let him make another transaction.  And they must do something to reassure Eichel that we are committed to winning.  

Look at where we were when Eichel got drafted with a strong system and so much capital.  Murray squandered it all and despite winning the Dahlin lottery, Botts has managed zero progress in three years.  Oh wait.  Cozens team made the world junior finals so that's valuable.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 points to make

1) truly something I have never seen. So many people want the Sabres to trade Jack just cause we feel bad for him. I mean think about how low your team has to be that most fans hope you trade your best player cause they feel so bad he has to endure the stench of this franchise right now

2) I hope all is well with Paul Hamilton. Something up, have no clue what. 

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

2 points to make

1) truly something I have never seen. So many people want the Sabres to trade Jack just cause we feel bad for him. I mean think about how low your team has to be that most fans hope you trade your best player cause they feel so bad he has to endure the stench of this franchise right now

I do feel sorry for Eichel but I don't want him traded.

I really thought I’d finally get to see them win tonight. I felt like they’d show some fire (and pride) after that Ottawa loss. But nope. They showed up for the 1st period, then Montreal came out with a strong push in the 2nd and Buffalo collapsed like the cheap tent they are.

I probably shouldn’t post right now because I am extremely aggravated after watching that loss in person. I am just so fed up with this team when they play like they don’t give a ****. 

I feel like at this point i’m just waiting for the inevitable total collapse and bottom 7 finish, then more sweeping changes this summer. I don’t think Botterill survives if this team totally collapses again. He brought back the same failed team as last year (minus Pominville) with a few small tweaks, has done nothing all year to help the team and somehow expects there to be different results. Meanwhile another season slips away. 

Eichel looked visibly frustrated almost all night. His body language was not good. This is the first time I’m actually starting to worry that he will want out.

Im legitimately worried that things are going to get really ugly if buffalo has another terrible finish to the season like last year.

I honestly feel bad for Krueger. No coach is going to have success with this current team. He got a crap deal in Edmonton (fired for no good reason after a 48 game lockout season), and I have a feeling he’s going to get a crap deal here too (fired because a new GM wants his own coach or something like that). I think coaching is the least of their problems at this point. We can’t keep firing coaches every time this same group of players fails. It’s time for a new mix of players. But, as much as I want to see Krueger given a real chance, I’m not how you can bring Botterill back if they finish bottom 5-7 again.

anyway... done venting. Sorry. I try my best to stay positive, but it’s tough.

47 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Attendance tonight?

I was there. Don’t know the exact attendance numbers but It was about 2/3rds Montreal fans.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

2 points to make

Curious, Why do you say something is up with Paul Hamilton? 

• Like (+1) 1

Botterill needs to be released now and work needs to be done installing a new pres/gm before this offseason (preferably the deadline).  He has failed.  In 3 years, this team is still worse than the murray/bylsma era without many futures.  

Stinks for krueger.  I think he is fascinating and deserves a shot.  However, he is way too bound up in advance stats for my liking in a hockey setting.  Coaches in the nhl are fairly disposable anyway.