Everything Joe Biden--Gaffes, Miscues, Touching, Songs

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks Doc...but your version of the math did not apply to my tax return.  My taxes went up.

Yup.  Move to Florida. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As a straight tax return goes you would be correct but to anyone who makes 500k and up, especially those over 5 million, the rate is less important than deductions and Trump's plan currently limits deductions so that most people on the high end of tax bracket paid more. Warren Buffett is famous for making sure he has as many deductions as possible to lower his rate to equal to mine.

It may have been pitched that way but it made the deductions and loopholes easier to take advantage of if you look at the fine print.  The private plane and yacht loophole is the most comical.  Buffett who you quoted even said he only had to pay 17.4% of his taxable income to the Feds in 2018.  

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You should check your facts.

You're wrong.

Both Trump and Hillary were warned about Russian interference.

Bill Barr acknowledges this.

What treaties did Trump discard?

Did the deficit increase because the income went down or the spending increased?

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yup.  Move to Florida. 

It may have been pitched that way but it made the deductions and loopholes easier to take advantage of if you look at the fine print.  The private plane and yacht loophole is the most comical.  Buffett who you quoted even said he only had to pay 17.4% of his taxable income to the Feds in 2018.  

Vs the 16% he paid in 2015. But whatever you feel is real math.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You should check your facts.

You're wrong.

Both Trump and Hillary were warned about Russian interference.

Bill Barr acknowledges this.

You are wrong. The FBI not only didn’t warn the Trump campaign that four of their employees were under investigation, they wired up a bunch of spies to entrap the campaign instead. 

Try again. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I'll address what others have not yet responded to:

-I won't bemoan you of this, but it is my understanding that you retired at a relatively young age. Is that correct? I realize I don't actually know how old you are, but I thought you were younger... like in your 40s or early 50s. If so, you and your hubby are probably in a pretty good place financially and have been for years I apologize if I'm mistaken on that last point but it seems like a logical conclusion if you were able to retire young. understand some individuals might be paying more under Obamacare and I'm not going to pretend it's a perfect law, but it's done a lot more good than bad in this country, especially for low income uninsured people.

I would not have minded paying more if I was getting more. Instead, it Obamacare gave us choices of craptastic insurance plan A and craptastic insurance plan B (and NYS was one of the "lucky" states with choices!). Oh, and here's the higher bill you can pay, thank-you-very-much. Next time Nancy Pelosi says, "We have to pass XX to see what is in it," I am holding on to my wallet and crying.

One thing I wish Trump would do (I "think" he may need Congress to do it though) is insurance across state lines. That might help. It might not, but people cannot keep paying the higher premiums for worse insurance.

-It's not true he plays golf way more than President Obama did? It's not true that he constantly plays on his own resorts or spends weekends in Mara Lago in a resort his company owns? It's not true his company benefits financially in some way from him doing this? It's not true that out of the blue we started flying Military planes to a small airport near one of Trump's Golf courses out of the blue?

Is he not allowed to exercise? People will complain he's fat, then in the next breath complain he's taking his down time in a round of golf. I am sure you cheered on King Put when he was out goofin'. Why complain when Trump goes out and does the same?

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Vs the 16% he paid in 2015. But whatever you feel is real math.

Is it your contention that the 2017 tax cuts and jobs act brought in more federal tax revenue than before its passage?

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Is it your contention that the 2017 tax cuts and jobs act brought in more federal tax revenue than before its passage?

I did not mention total tax revenue neither did you,  but I will now make that contention based on this info which I believe  is correct and yes revenue did go up for the federal govt.

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/federal-receipt-and-outlay-summary

If you have different info I will look at it 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I did not mention total tax revenue neither did you,  but I will now make that contention based on this info which I believe  is correct and yes revenue did go up for the federal govt.

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/federal-receipt-and-outlay-summary

If you have different info I will look at it 

So, you're saying the imaginary numbers in my head are not accurate.  I stand corrected.  My apologies.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You are wrong. The FBI not only didn’t warn the Trump campaign that four of their employees were under investigation, they wired up a bunch of spies to entrap the campaign instead. 

Try again. 

As I said, Trump was warned Russians were meddling.

Both he and Hilary were warned in August of 2016.

Can't muster up the courage to admit you were wrong, can you? :lol:

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

So, you're saying the imaginary numbers in my head are not accurate.  I stand corrected.  My apologies.

Not a problen at all- you probably just listened to a politician and assumed they were not lying- a mistake I have made Many times and usually regret.

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You may be misrepresenting the warnings. Remember the contention is that Trump was colluding, not that the Russians were meddling. If I’m Donald Trump at that time, prior to the election, and I know I’m not talking to any Russians....my reaction is going to be “OK, so what? I’ll let you know if I hear anything....next!”

" It was a "lesser briefing, that generally discussed general threats", which means it did not discuss any specific threats. An intelligent person would not hang their hat on general info when it states clearly that he was not given any actionable Intel and pretend it is the same. 

In retrospect,  then Candidate Trump should have been warned about the Obama administration and weaponization of the FBI and DOJ  by Obama/Biden, the CIA attempting to unseat him, manipulation and lies to the FISA court, and unmasking of US citizens, and mainstream media outlets like the Washington post participating in circular and duplicitous reporting for 4 years to destroy his presidency.  

The Russians were irrelevant, more or less, until suddenly, as if by magic, in the waning days of the 8 year reign of team O’Biden, they were at the gates.

Ironically, the greatest threat to a fair election was the segment of the population who bought the mythical tale of hookers, golden showers, the chastity of Team O’Biden, a free an independent press and anonymous sources, and a boogeyman from Leningrad. Phase II is the reimagination of Joe Biden as an able and honest statesman. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

They warned the campaign about Flynn? Popadopolous? Manafort? 

Nope. 

They wired up spies to entrap the campaign instead. 

You're wrong. All the way. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You need to be able to distinguish between races in order to talk about race.

Would it be easier for you if we listed our race in each post?  How do you sort us out?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You may be misrepresenting the warnings. Remember the contention is that Trump was colluding, not that the Russians were meddling. If I’m Donald Trump at that time, prior to the election, and I know I’m not talking to any Russians....my reaction is going to be “OK, so what? I’ll let you know if I hear anything....next!”

Dude you're having a different conversation.

Go back and read how this back and forth started between DR and me.