Would you rather explore Julio Jones or Clowney in the trade market?

As has been stated doubt Jones would be available and/or at too high of a price.  Clowney hasn't exactly lived up to the hype.  Think I'd rather go after McCoy from Tampa at a much lower price tag.  He's much older, but am only looking at him as at most a two year player.  Next year make either DE or OB as your 5 star free agent signing and use high draft pick on whichever you don't sign.

It depends on the context. I love Clowney because I think he has been woefully misused in the 3-4, he is best in a 4-3 traditional DE scheme. But I also think that Clowney comes at a super high cost as I think the Texans want multiple premium picks in 2020 and 2021 for him and you have to pay him a huge contract. I don't see the Falcons trading Julio as Julio probably has 2-3 prime or near prime years left and they want to win now with Matt Ryan who is getting older. 

But if the Falcons are trading Julio and the cost is lower draft pick wise I would rather give Allen another piece on offense than overpay for a prime pass rusher with injury issues. That being said I do hope the Bills make an offer for Clowney that is no more than a 2nd round pick and some mid round selections.  

31 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I like Gerald McCoy. He would probably come to life and give a big contribution to this rebuild process.

Even after taking Ed Oliver at #9? 

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If at that point an elite receiver seems to be the missing piece to put Buffalo over the top then I'd have interest depending on where we are drafting and who might come out that could be an alternative solution.

Kinda like getting Lofton in 1988 (?)

Now or next year, if the choice is between Clowney and Jones, I would pick Jones without a second thought. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago