Would you rather explore Julio Jones or Clowney in the trade market?

6 minutes ago, Knicks&Bills said:

Julio and it’s not at all close. He’s a top three receiver. Clooney has been kind of a bust

?? Clowney has finished in the top 10 in tackles for loss three years in a row, and was second in the NFL in 2017 with 21. He's a dominant player.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He had a bad injury early but since then he has missed 3 games in 3 seasons. And the people who say he hasn't lived up to the hype need to watch the tape. The guy is a beast. His pass rush numbers on the bare face don't wow but that is about how he was used as much as anything. Advanced numbers show he is productive when he does rush. And he can stop the run, and he can cover... dude is an all round talent. Not desperate to throw a 1st round pick at him... but if he is a FA next year I'd definitely pursue him.

GB - look up his TFL numbers. They are consistently impressive.  He's an incredible run defender and line wrecker.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Clowney is a bit of a risk. Will cost you 15 mil per season. Never had 10 sacks in one season and injuries are a problem.

Working out a fair deal is the biggest issue.

Right on. As much as I like "someone" like him, he is still not the answer...he never lived up to hype.

Wow.

Lots of different opinions in here.

Honestly, the Bills aren’t getting either, but it’s a fun debate.

Something is going to have to break open, aka Mack for the Bills to be in on something.

Clowney seems to not have a consistent motor, so I would not give up any draft picks. 

Julio is, well Julio, too old to give up round 1 picks...but maybe... like 2nd rounder or later. Really you could sure take a chance on Julio.

Neither. But if forced to pick one... Clowney. Younger and much better than he is being credited for here..... I think our WR's will be ok this year. Plenty to select the best group from. Need someone opposite of Jerry that is a disrupter. Go for WR after cuts or next years draft....

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He had a bad injury early but since then he has missed 3 games in 3 seasons. And the people who say he hasn't lived up to the hype need to watch the tape. The guy is a beast. His pass rush numbers on the bare face don't wow but that is about how he was used as much as anything. Advanced numbers show he is productive when he does rush. And he can stop the run, and he can cover... dude is an all round talent. Not desperate to throw a 1st round pick at him... but if he is a FA next year I'd definitely pursue him.

Again, it's my opinion. I don't really watch much of the Texans unless it's playoff time. I'm not sure I'd like the Bills to throw big money at him nor do I think they should throw a high draft pick for him. 

44 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

?? Clowney has finished in the top 10 in tackles for loss three years in a row, and was second in the NFL in 2017 with 21. He's a dominant player.

GB - look up his TFL numbers. They are consistently impressive.  He's an incredible run defender and line wrecker.

I can't believe the number of people that are saying that Clowney hasn't lived up to the hype.  Since 2017, he's been nothing short of spectacular. Clowney actually ranks 2nd in the NFL in TFLs with 37 over the last 2 seasons behind Aaron Donald (44).

I know he hasn't lead the league in sacks, but the fact that he's been as productive in every other phase of the defensive game, combined with the fact that he's still put up solid sack production, is pretty amazing IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I can't believe the number of people that are saying that Clowney hasn't lived up to the hype.  Since 2017, he's been nothing short of spectacular. Clowney actually ranks 2nd in the NFL in TFLs with 37 over the last 2 seasons behind Aaron Donald (44).

I know he hasn't lead the league in sacks, but the fact that he's been as productive in every other phase of the defensive game, combined with the fact that he's still put up solid sack production, is pretty amazing IMO.

Hear, hear!!

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

But if anything that should tell you how big the hype was... everyone knew he'd be great, but there was talk of him being generational and he hasn't been THAT, yet.  

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

And when he is asked to rush his pressures, hits and sacks are up there. His issue is he is such a good player who can shut down the run and can actually get out and cover as well as a lot of linebackers on a team with other good rushers that they do not just use him hand in the dirt and get up field every play. 

7 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Neither

Mortgaging draft capital and eating up a chunk of cap space on a single player will not solve all of this teams problems

I think it could, depending on the price.  A dominant pass rusher could take this defense from good to elite.  With the additions made on the offensive side of the ball it might result in a playoff appearance.  

I'd just stay the course and continue to build through the draft and integrate smaller pieces into the mix  Clowney's production as a edge rusher is not overwhelming and Julio is getting up there where a big drop off could come at any given year

43 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

I'd just stay the course and continue to build through the draft and integrate smaller pieces into the mix  Clowney's production as a edge rusher is not overwhelming and Julio is getting up there where a big drop off could come at any given year

They signed upwards of 17 players, they also tried to trade for AB.

Not sure the course is as narrow and definitive as just building via the draft.

Moreover, not every pick will workout, if you have a chance to add a legit NFL player, you roll those dice with a QB on a rookie contract.

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But at some point they gotta' get more serious about addressing the offense.     Aside from the potential of Robert Foster there isn't a single guy on the offense that is someone you can count on to beat the man in front of him every week.    It's mostly stalemates at best.    Which is advantage defense.

Yep, and that would be good enough with a QB who can go through his reads quickly and deliver an accurate ball. 3-4 legit #2 WRs is fine in that situation because the QB will consistently find the one guy who got open on that play. While I like Allen's long term potential this isn't his strength yet and might never be. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

They signed upwards of 17 players, they also tried to trade for AB.

Not sure the course is as narrow and definitive as just building via the draft.

Moreover, not every pick will workout, if you have a chance to add a legit NFL player, you roll those dice with a QB on a rookie contract.

AB I am happy they did not land   The free agency signings were moderate contract and most if not all without long term implications  I have no problem with Julio but wonder if the Bills are "close" enough to expend serious draft capital and tie up big time salary cap money. He's going to want to long term money and just not sure Julio in 3 or 4 years is worth the investment and it might be that long before the Bills are in the hunt.  If we were a 11-5 team and a contender I could see it  Maybe next year one of these blockbuster deals makes sense