and anchors well against bull rushers. But he lacks athleticism, and his

agility is hampered by his weight. He would benefit from dropping 20

pounds. He lacks initial quickness and good feet, and he struggles to

reach the second level. His mobility has improved somewhat, but he isn't

effective on pulls and often is late to his assignment when moving

laterally. He doesn't redirect or adjust to the moving target well, and

he sometimes struggles against explosive, one-gap defenders. Durability

is a problem, most likely due to his weight. His tools and conditioning

aren't great, but he compensates with good technique and outstanding power.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Bennie and MW are going to be diet buddies and provide moral support for each other. :doh:

292670[/snapback]

If they room together at Camp--I certainly hope its on a ground floor of the dorm....otherwise--call the structural engineers at Fisher...

One team's Pucillo is another team's Bennie Anderson. :doh:

292667[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but i'll trust Ravens fans and insiders opinions over ESPN anyday because they have seen him play week after week.

Hopefully McNally can do with him what he did with Mike Williams.

Here's another article that takes some serious shots at him.

http://ravens.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=49

Wow, I didn't see that. :lol:

Like all Bills players, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a year,

but this guy is a whipping boy in the making.

I know I'll hear it from all the laughing Ravens fans at work tomorrow. :doh:

292674[/snapback]

The Ravens' OLine coach is no Mouse McNally. Anyone remember Dwight Freeney eating Ogden's lunch last season?

My thoughts exactly. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but i'll trust Ravens fans and insiders opinions over ESPN anyday because they have seen him play week after week.

Hopefully McNally can do with him what he did with Mike Williams.

Here's another article that takes some serious shots at him.

http://ravens.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=49

292683[/snapback]

And I'll trust McNally watching film and giving TD the thumbs up over insiders opinions and a moronic fans message board any day. :doh:

The Ravens' OLine coach is no Mouse McNally.  Anyone remember Dwight Freeney eating Ogden's lunch last season?

292688[/snapback]

Agreed on JMac. But I've seen much less talented players than Freeney or even Schobel burn Anderson... time will tell how this pans out, here's hoping for the best.

The Ravens' OLine coach is no Mouse McNally.  Anyone remember Dwight Freeney eating Ogden's lunch last season?

292688[/snapback]

and Schobel had a pretty decent day agaisn't Ogden as well. Anyway, I really have no opinion on this other than to say after listening to TD on Sirius yesterday, I felt there was no way the Bills were going to sign this dude. TD flat out said hes a nice run blocker, implying his pass blocking was somewhat circumspect. Guess we better get a hell of a backup RB, cause sure looks like the plan is to run, and then run some more. Ole WM won't hold up if he gets 30+ carries every game, and that is what this signing seems to say to me.

Okay, everyone get ready to kill me, but I really think TH just might have a chance of being around if we intend to run the ball 40 times a game

And I'll trust McNally watching film and giving TD the thumbs up over insiders opinions and a moronic fans message board any day.  :doh:

292693[/snapback]

That's true what you say about the message board to a point (eg. small minority who crusade against TH). But living here in Baltimore, I know a lot of Ravens fans :lol: , and I can tell you that Anderson is pretty much universally despised by the locals ala Pucillo. I'm nowhere near saying he's as bad as Pucillo was, but where there's smoke, there's fire.

That's true what you say about the message board to a point (eg. small minority who crusade against TH). But living here in Baltimore, I know a lot of Ravens fans  :doh: , and I can tell you that Anderson is pretty much universally despised by the locals ala Pucillo. I'm nowhere near saying he's as bad as Pucillo was, but where there's smoke, there's fire.

292698[/snapback]

I have to concur, this is a bit of an odd signing. He wasn't cheap (nor expensive), and this is a draft full of quality guards. Perhaps they put a weight clause in his contract, or some other incentive-based formula (starts, etc.). It's possible, as some have suggested, that McNally was confident from what he saw on film that he could mold Bennie into a quality player, although I too was a bit concerned by what TD said in his Serius interview yesterday ("Bennie's a great run blocker" - said nothing about his pass protection).

We'll see...

On draft day I think Buffalo may select a CB with their first pick. I also think we will end up with Shelton from the Cards.

We need a CB to fill in for Clements next year. I don't think we have much depth at that spot this year either.

That's true what you say about the message board to a point (eg. small minority who crusade against TH). But living here in Baltimore, I know a lot of Ravens fans  :doh: , and I can tell you that Anderson is pretty much universally despised by the locals ala Pucillo. I'm nowhere near saying he's as bad as Pucillo was, but where there's smoke, there's fire.

292698[/snapback]

I respect that but why the positive reports elsewhere?I don't doubt the weight issue but a straight ahead blocker for the run game ? ... that's a crying need. DeMulling certainly wasn't going to give us that. He was good in pass blocking and completely lacking push in the running game. Blech.

Pucillo's last positive report came from his mom.

I respect that but why the positive reports elsewhere?I don't doubt the weight issue but a straight ahead blocker for the run game ? ... that's a crying need. DeMulling certainly wasn't going to give us that. He was good in pass blocking and completely lacking push in the running game. Blech.

Pucillo's last positive report came from his mom.

292711[/snapback]

I should clarify what I said above. When I compared him to Pucillo, I meant that they were similar in that the majority of fans didn't think he was any good. In no way is Bennie hated as much as Pucillo was... they're just glad to see him go. "Despised" was a little too strong of a word.

I should clarify what I said above. When I compared him to Pucillo, I meant that they were similar in that the majority of fans didn't think he was any good. In no way is Bennie hated as much as Pucillo was... they're just glad to see him go. "Despised" was a little too strong of a word.

292722[/snapback]

Yet the guy continues to start for his teams........ :doh:

and Schobel had a pretty decent day agaisn't Ogden as well. Anyway, I really have no opinion on this other than to say after listening to TD on Sirius yesterday, I felt there was no way the Bills were going to sign this dude. TD flat out said hes a nice run blocker, implying his pass blocking was somewhat circumspect. Guess we better get a hell of a backup RB, cause sure looks like the plan is to run, and then run some more. Ole WM won't hold up if he gets 30+ carries every game, and that is what this signing seems to say to me.

Okay, everyone get ready to kill me, but I really think TH just might have a chance of being around if we intend to run the ball 40 times a game

292696[/snapback]

Xactly!

We need a stud back who can spell Willis and is above average talent wise. So far, Travis is the only other back who fits this bill (pun delishously intended!).

However, if Henry is traded, we'd better find a guy who take the bruising and run between the tackles and won't end up hurt all the time.

Though Anderson will not be perfect, there are three positives here with this signing that I am happy for:

1- We finally have the right attitude and "Beef" at the guard spots to implement a running game that has opponents wincing by the 4th quarter..

2- This move completes would should be the best possible situation for Trey Teague's skill set at center, allowing him to improve yet again on his play from last year and continue to use his mobility and football intelligence while being relied on merely as a "Chipper" in pass protection.

3- The price was right for a proven road-grader who may lack a bit in pass protection.