V-Coach - Bennie Anderson signed

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is definitly great news to hear. Bennie is a road grader in the truest sense of the word, and while his pass blocking might not be the greatest, our idenity is gonna be a smashmouth style of play, This signing is great for willis and great for our left side of our oline. Great signing :doh:

This is definitly a slow year I'm estatic about offensive linemen :lol:

Power? Watching this day care center ?  :doh:

I'm pleased with the signing. Hopefully, they still Draft an OL on Day 1.

292592[/snapback]

I'm hoping they trade for Shelton, and draft a Center who can move a 3-4 nosetackle off the ball. Cut Teague (yes yes he performed well last year, I know, but he's not the right guy for a power run offense, and he isn't suited to a league featuring more and more 3-4 defenses).

draft a Center who can move a 3-4 nosetackle off the ball.

There's about three guys on this entire planet who can go man-up with an NFL 3-4 NoseTackle and move him off the ball; the chances of the Bills getting their hands on one of them are slim and none.

Watching Teague pull, hit a moving target, get outside or into the second level last year was pretty impressive. Putting another mauling slab of beef like Anderson beside him to help protect him is only going to make Trey a better and more effective player.

With the addition of BigBennie, the interior of the Bills OLine is not going to be a stellar pulling or screening team and losing Teague would only further weaken that facet of their unit. I'm glad you at least recognized he played well last year cuz he's not going anywhere, nor should he after the kind of season he had working under Mouse and Mularkey.

Now if the Bills can make the deal for Shelton, they can do whatever they damned well feel like on draft day. :doh:

I thought you were clamoring for Nuge.

292594[/snapback]

I saw Nugent in concert in 1976. He's too old .

Wonder how this impacts draft day ? Hmmm... What to pick in Round 2 or 3 ? People like David Baas of Michigan, Chris Spencer of Ole Miss. ( Both could start at Center immediately ) or Attaj Hawthorne ( DT ) of Wisconson, come to mind.

Now if the Bills can make the deal for Shelton, they can do whatever they damned well feel like on draft day.

I think the 2nd round swap is so we get a shot at Matt Jones. I think its gonna happen. Else I'd like to see C or CB in the 2nd rd. TE Kevin Everett in the 3rd.

There's about three guys on this entire planet who can go man-up with an NFL 3-4 NoseTackle and move him off the ball; the chances of the Bills getting their hands on one of them are slim and none.

Watching Teague pull, hit a moving target, get outside or into the second level last year was pretty impressive. Putting another mauling slab of beef like Anderson beside him to help protect him is only going to make Trey a better and more effective player.

With the addition of BigBennie, the interior of the Bills OLine is not going to be a stellar pulling or screening team and losing Teague would only further weaken that facet of their unit. I'm glad you at least recognized he played well last year cuz he's not going anywhere, nor should he after the kind of season he had working under Mouse and Mularkey.

Now if the Bills can make the deal for Shelton, they can do whatever they damned well feel like on draft day.  :doh:

292599[/snapback]

Get out of my head. Seriously.

I think the 2nd round swap is so we get a shot at Matt Jones.  I think its gonna happen.  Else I'd like to see C or CB in the 2nd rd.  TE Kevin Everett in the 3rd.

292609[/snapback]

I think we could get matt jones at 55. I know Jones has out of this world intangibles, but I can't see a guy who doesn't have a true position coming into the nfl going in the top 50 of the nfl draft.

If we pull the trigger on the shelton deal, Alex Smith, Attaj Hawthorne, or kevin burnett(as we need someone to replace posey after this season) in the 2nd is what I'd like to see and a center in the 3rd, someone like richie incognito

Now if the Bills can make the deal for Shelton, they can do whatever they damned well feel like on draft day.  :doh:

292599[/snapback]

I completely agree with you on Teague at Center. He improved more than anyone last year. I just wonder if Shelton is actually coming here. If TD doesn't blink, guess who our LT is ? Then the drafting of a Center may follow.

Isn't Teague a Free Agent after 2005 ?

I like Anderson, think he will be good for us, but not if this is true:

The Buffalo Bills signed free agent G Bennie Anderson. Terms were not disclosed.

Anderson should start and speculation has him moving to tackle. He's no Jonas Jennings, but Anderson should at least be serviceable. Mar. 31 - 6:09 pm et

Source: buffalobills.com