Boy name too girly?

CoachT

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Heavily revised music history is placing Bubble Gum in a better viewing, it was among the heaviest top 40 music during 1967-68, along with acid-tinged recordings...

If we had this on the airwaves instead of ‘Chewy Chewy’, we might have treated the group kinder.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, CoachT said:

I wanna call him Cash and eventually Cash Money .. But wife is thinking Cas

Call him Cash and he’ll certainly be popular. I mean, who doesn’t love Ca$h???

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If we had this on the airwaves instead of ‘Chewy Chewy’, we might have treated the group kinder.

1/2 their album is like this.... 

not sure if they were heads or cyincally taking on this side of the music at the time...

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Call him Cash and he’ll certainly be popular. I mean, who doesn’t love Ca$h???

best jersey ever

image.png.4e969e85f979f75aaaa5fd4e284ab4db.png

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Before my nephew was born, my sister and brother-in-law were considering the name "Hoagy Carmichael."  To which I said "Why don't you just name him 'Please beat me up and take my lunch money' instead?"  (My second observation was "If you're naming him after a sandwich, why not just name him 'Philly Cheesesteak?'")

Not that I'm saying "Caspian" is a bad name...just that parents should consider whether or not the name they choose places an undue burden on the child growing up with that name.

That's why i will name all of my sons Sue. 

I am also in the minority that thinks of Caspian from the Prince Caspian Narnia book. I think Caspian sounds more manly than it does feminine, and shortening it to Cash or Cas can both work. Also, as evidenced by the great song I referenced above, getting bullied for a name can be a good thing. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

That's why i will name all of my sons Sue

You have the imagination of George Foreman, but with a sick Johnny Cash country twist.  I like it! 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

You have the imagination of George Foreman, but with a sick Johnny Cash country twist.  I like it! 

All the guys at a factory where I worked for a summer job called me Johnny Cash cause I work black pants and a black shirt every day... It was about as cool a nickname as I ever did have.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Augie said:

and i'm pretty sure it was from a poem written by shel silverstein.  loved his books as a kid.