Latest Drafttek Mock: 4/10

Do we not have 10 picks already in this draft?

I doubt we trade down,especially for thirds,maybe a second. What to do with all those draft picks.

The notion we could use to trade back up isn’t a given, so I believe we either stay at 9, unless someone above is willing to move.

Newest Mock from yesterday has us taking:

#9 Ed Oliver DL

#40 Chris Lindstrom OG

It could be argued that after signing Spain we dont need to "waste" our 2nd round pick on a Guard. However, looking at the players that go after us in the 2nd, there isnt anyone I'm clamoring for over shoring up our OL. All the WRs and TEs I like are already gone.

6 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

I'm not sure we are going OL much, at least not high, in this draft. The Front Seven has not been addressed much and is lower tier in the league---->if not the absolute worst

I dont disagree, but looking at this mock specifically, Im not sure there are any Front Seven players available near our pick in the 2nd that warrant the selection/reach.

And getting Milano back and adding Oliver could be the difference we need.

In good news, it looks like we add more F7 help in the 5th round, and I like that pick out of BYU.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Newest Mock from yesterday has us taking:

#9 Ed Oliver DL

#40 Chris Lindstrom OG

It could be argued that after signing Spain we dont need to "waste" our 2nd round pick on a Guard. However, looking at the players that go after us in the 2nd, there isnt anyone I'm clamoring for over shoring up our OL. All the WRs and TEs I like are already gone.

If Lindstrom is their guy at 40, who are we to argue.

Plus it could be difficult to go wrong with top two picks being used to solidify the interior of both lines.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

There are still WR's on the board that could help us......Deebo Samuel

and I think Risner is a RT in the in the NFL

Would rather have either of those guys in the 2nd

I like Lindstrom a lot, but I think we are all set on offensive line(we will only keep 9 at most).  Jaylon Ferguson at edge I would prefer.  We need someone to get pressure from the edge besides Hughes.  I also like Taylor Rapp.  He would bring much flexibility to back 7.    Five or more defensive backs are on field-

2008: 43.4%

2009: 45.1%

2010: 48.8%

2011: 52.5%

2012: 54.4%

2013: 58.3%

2014: 60.3%

2015: 63.4%

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-why-the-nickel-defense-is-the-new-base-defense-in-the-nfl/

Updated Mock 4/10: https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Raiders take our guy, Ed Oliver, #4 overall. I could see them stealing him and him being a badass in the Black and Silver for years to come.

Bills end up with:

#9 Clelin Ferrell - DE Clemson

#40 Jerry Tillery - DT Notre Dame

#74 Devin Singletary - RB FL Atlanta

#112 Gary Johnson - OLB Texas

End up grabbing Bryce Love in the 6th as well.

Mostly DL and 2 RBs...

I'm sure Dean did the best he could but I would be VERY disappointed with this draft if it worked out like this.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

4/10 Edit: JUMP TO NEW MOCK AT END OF THREAD HERE

4/4 Edit: NEW MOCK AT END OF THREAD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/1:

Drafttek recently ran a new mock with a focus on trades.

They have the Bills trading down with Washington, moving back from #9 to #15, and picking up 2 3rd round picks, for a draft that looks like the following in the first 3 rounds:

#15 - Rashan Gary - DL5T

#40 - Chris Lindstrom - OG

#74 - Damien Harris - RB

#76 - David Edwards - OT

#96 - Jordan Brailford - OLB

I think it’s more likely we get a 2nd and a 4th. But depending the need for Washington to move up we could end up with a 2nd and a 3rd, maybe with a toss in of a later round pick. Maybe one of the 4ths. 

But if that’s the case, I’d go like this:

15- Wilkins DT

40- Tillery DE or Ferguson DE

74- Ridley WR

76- Best OL or Sanders RB

96- L.J. Scott RB 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I think it’s more likely we get a 2nd and a 4th. But depending the need for Washington to move up we could end up with a 2nd and a 3rd, maybe with a toss in of a later round pick. Maybe one of the 4ths. 

But if that’s the case, I’d go like this:

15- Wilkins DT

40- Tillery DE or Ferguson DE

74- Ridley WR

76- Best OL or Sanders RB

96- L.J. Scott RB 

Bro that Mock is 2 weeks ago. Get with the new 4/10 mock a few posts above.

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Updated Mock 4/10: https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Raiders take our guy, Ed Oliver, #4 overall. I could see them stealing him and him being a badass in the Black and Silver for years to come.

Bills end up with:

#9 Clelin Ferrell - DE Clemson

#40 Jerry Tillery - DT Notre Dame

#74 Devin Singletary - RB FL Atlanta

#112 Gary Johnson - OLB Texas

End up grabbing Bryce Love in the 6th as well.

Mostly DL and 2 RBs...

I'm sure Dean did the best he could but I would be VERY disappointed with this draft if it worked out like this.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bro that Mock is 2 weeks ago. Get with the new 4/10 mock a few posts above.

I still based my mock on the assumption that we traded with Wash. but with the updated mock 

Edited by mrags

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair enough, who am i to judge mocks. I guess Id take yours. I like the addition of Ridley.

I actually cheated and took wilkins at 15 when he was gone at 14. But I think it’s more likely he’s there than not. 

With the awFs that we’re left, I thought Ridley was the best options. He’s about #6 on my list but the rest were all gone. 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

I actually cheated and took wilkins at 15 when he was gone at 14. But I think it’s more likely he’s there than not. 

With the awFs that we’re left, I thought Ridley was the best options. He’s about #6 on my list but the rest were all gone. 

Yeah, we're in a bad spot to get a WR. Too early to take one at #9, and they probably wont be there at #40.

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, we're in a bad spot to get a WR. Too early to take one at #9, and they probably wont be there at #40.

I think one of the 3. Harry, Butler, or Brown will be there at 40. Or close enough that we trade back into the late first or rapper 2nd to get one. Of course, if that’s what they are looking at. They might be thinking they are good at WR for all we know.