JP Watched Patton

Rico

Transcribed from this week's Sporting News, page 47 (sorry if it was already posted, haven't seen it in here):

Newly annointed starting quarterback J.P. Losman is concerned about being a leader on the Bills, considering he is a 24-year old on a team of veterans. As a result, Losman has been working out on his own at the Bills' facility. Bills coach Mike Mularkey also told Losman that if he wanted to know more about leadership, he should watch the movie Patton and encouraged him to view it at the team facility. Losman took his adviice, earning his first stripe.

With it is this great picture of JP looking to the left while George C. Scott as Patton salutes him to the right! :P

2 quotes from Patton that i hope ring in his mind

We're gonna keep fighting. Is that clear? We're gonna attack all night we're gonna attack the next morning. If we're not victorious. Let no man come back alive.

I am my favorite General. I don't want to be told that some second stringer is up against me

With any luck, JP will be a great leader for the Bills.

Just a few of the great quotes from Patton (I could not resist):

"If you stick your hands in a pile lf goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do."

"Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War II," you won't have to say, 'Well... I shoveled sh-- in Louisiana.'"

"Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

Transcribed from this week's Sporting News, page 47 (sorry if it was already posted, haven't seen it in here):

Newly annointed starting quarterback J.P. Losman is concerned about being a leader on the Bills, considering he is a 24-year old on a team of veterans. As a result, Losman has been working out on his own at the Bills' facility. Bills coach Mike Mularkey also told Losman that if he wanted to know more about leadership, he should watch the movie Patton and encouraged him to view it at the team facility. Losman took his adviice, earning his first stripe.

With it is this great picture of JP looking to the left while George C. Scott as Patton salutes him to the right!  :P

291344[/snapback]

Damn! Why didn't Wade make Rob watch Patton every morning. :P

Chain a monkey to a typewriter long enough and eventually he'll write a sentence.  :P

291432[/snapback]

"It was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times!!!!! Stupid monkey!"

- Mr Burns, peering over the shoulder of a typewriting simian

Recommended summer viewing list for JP:

Patton--check

Braveheart

Rudy

The Longest Yard (Original)

Dude, Where's My Car? (optional)--check

Am I missing anything?

291544[/snapback]

Second String

"Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."

291400[/snapback]

Sanitized for the movie. The original Patton speech went more like:

"Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy's balls. We're going to twist his balls and kick the living s*** out of him all of the time. We're going to go through him like crap through a goose, like s*** through a tin horn!"

The Blood N Guts Speech (may not be entirely PC)