It's early in FA, but...

eball

3 hours ago, eball said:

...who was it that said the Bills couldn't "fix" the offense in one offseason and that Beane/McD told the Pegulas it was a four year rebuild?

Let me see...three O-linemen, two WRs, a TE -- four or five of them projected starters -- before the draft.  It's almost as if -- gasp -- they had a plan for what to do with all of the cap money they cleared by releasing or trading away bad contracts!

Just like a lot of us have said all along...this is the year the Bills expect to make the jump to perennial playoff team.

I've never agreed with the statements that you can't fix everything in one offseason.  Unless a team had no picks in the first 3 rounds and was way over the cap, it can be done.  

Now, the draft can be used to build depth and add players at positions where you expect to possibly need replacements after the upcoming season.  Lorax playing only 1 more year and Jerry Hughes' contract ending: let's draft an OLB and DE.  McCoy getting near the end:. Draft a RB.

4 hours ago, eball said:

...who was it that said the Bills couldn't "fix" the offense in one offseason and that Beane/McD told the Pegulas it was a four year rebuild?

Let me see...three O-linemen, two WRs, a TE -- four or five of them projected starters -- before the draft.  It's almost as if -- gasp -- they had a plan for what to do with all of the cap money they cleared by releasing or trading away bad contracts!

Just like a lot of us have said all along...this is the year the Bills expect to make the jump to perennial playoff team.

If they stay the course I think we may actually have a better idea how to mock this upcoming draft.

Looking like DL to me right now - at least early on. After that, they have really positioned themselves to stay true to their BPA philosophy and as much as people are high on some of the receivers and TEs (me included), I think they go after a DE and perhaps LB thinking of eventually having to have that depth behind Hughes and Alexander.

I just cannot see McDermott not taking advantage of a draft that is deep with defensive talent - hopefully they do pick up some offensive development players in the later rounds.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao.

Oh eball, you never learn with the predictions do you?

Never learn what, exactly? You keep saying the same thing over and over again, and I’m pretty sure nobody knows what you’re talking about. 

Edited by eball

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Just stop the ***** jinx man.

Your like the Black Plague with these predictions. Whatever you predict, the opposite happens.?

You’ll have to point out what I “predicted” with this thread. You just can’t stand it that Beane actually has a plan you can’t criticize. 

One weirdly interesting thing is that I’m actually looking forward to seeing which interesting young running back they will draft in April. Clearly, he will be someone to be mentored by shady and gore to presumably become the starter the year after next...

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’s better than Funchess who got more so ??‍♂️ 

Sounds like it’s a good deal to me. 

I did not want funchess either. But your point is valid- it though is the only one that i think they overpaid.

Bills UFAs:

Ryan Groy (OL), John Miller (OG), Jordan Mills (OT), Taiwan Jones (RB), Deonte Thompson (WR)

Replaced with:

Spencer Long (OG), Jon Feliciano (OG), Ty Nsekhe (OT), Frank Gore (RB), John Brown (WR)

I see what you did there, Beane (and FO)

Obviously not including the others, including "the prize". Also realizing we haven't seen any of these guys play a down together but I'm liking the replacements. The OL can't possibly be worse (easy bar to clear) and despite lots of money being thrown around, most of the contracts have easy outs if things go south. Judicious, indeed.

Edited by technobot