Vaccines and Trump: Your stance?

Trump and Vaccines: Your stance?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do vaccines cause autism?

• Yes.
    • No.

3 hours ago, Dante said:

I don't and you do and that's fantastic. You will never have to worry about it because you will be vaccinated yes? You will have the peace of mind that the state saved the day and protected you from the much-feared measle epidemic sweeping the greater NYC area. If I lived there I wouldn't get it. I will have the peace of mind that the state didn't erode just a little bit more of whatever amount of liberty that is left.

Not everyone can get vaccinated, you ***** moron.

Like I said, you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Not everyone can get vaccinated, you ***** moron.

Like I said, you have no idea what you’re talking about. 

Too bad. Not my problem. Like I said I would take my chances. I'm less afraid of the dreaded measles than whatever they are giving me.

Interesting I stopped getting flu shots years ago who'd a thunk it? Never get the flu anymore. Just coincidence I guess

11 minutes ago, Dante said:

Too bad. Not my problem. Like I said I would take my chances. I'm less afraid of the dreaded measles than whatever they are giving me.

Interesting I stopped getting flu shots years ago who'd a thunk it? Never get the flu anymore. Just coincidence I guess

You are demonstrating how brain dead you are with every post.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Dante said:

"I'm okay with epidemics, because I'd rather get sick." 

That is the stupidest take ever.

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"I'm okay with epidemics, because I'd rather get sick." 

That is the stupidest take ever.

Is it any better to be ok with epidemics because it culls the weak?

11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Under what law? Cause right now it’s unvacinated people barred from public places with no constitutional reasoning or legality, next week its Jews. Or gays. Or blacks. Whatever. 

Theres never not a good time to fight government overreach. Saying what we have to put in our children is the damndest of things to say aren’t important. 

You have the constitutional right to kill your kids with polio. But not mine. So you forfeit the right to kill my kids while killing yours—no vaccine no school. It’s actually pretty simple.

You also have the right to outthink science.  

40 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The black death was the single best thing to happen to medieval Europe.

Are you advocating for a repeat?

Edited by BeginnersMind

On 2/20/2019 at 3:50 PM, DC Tom said:

Apparently there's a new one, that says something along the lines of "Since vaccines by definition cause an immune response, which includes an inflammatory reaction, there's a theoretical possibility - that has never been observed, mind you - that someone might have received some cerebral effects from a shot once."  Which the anti-vaxxer crowd immediately jumped on with the Batman-v-Superman-esque observation of "If there's even a one percent chance we have to treat it as an absolute certainty!"  

Because when you're interpreting a bulk statistical probability of risk, you really want to be guided by Ben Affleck's awkward performance in the DCU.   

I'm just going to say, I don't know enough about this subject, and don't have kids, and any harm done to me was done long ago...  so I don't give a flying fluck about people getting vaccinated now.  I will also say, I've never had a flu-shot, but that's more about my massive-fear of needles, and nothing more.  But I won't be taking any shots or needles that I'm not forced to from this point forward, either.  I'm anti-shot!

13 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

This doesn't seem like the place to make your stand against government overreach. Unless you choose to be a hermit your actions do affect other people and for some people measles is a serious disease. As a Conservative I'm not much in favor of government intrusions on our freedoms, but this is a legitimate use of governmental power.

But is it really?  We're talking about Chicken Pox and Measels, right?  The same measels that doesn't show up if you got Chick Pox when you were a kid?  No shot is going to keep either from showing up in a population, correct?  I know I went to a chick pox party, and itched like crazy for three days after when I was 8 years old.  DIdn't know at the time that it was on purpose, just knew me and my crew got to spend the night playing some Atari.  Yes, I'm that old :P

9 hours ago, Dante said:

Definitely.  I was arrogant enough to not get the flu shot since I'd never catch it and then caught the flu about four years ago.  It sucked and I didn't feel right for over a month.  I get the flu shot every year now.  It's free for crying out loud.

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No, I'm not an anti-vaxxer. But I also believe that science won't be able to stop the next coming plague.

That’s usually why it would be a plague. Because science of the day couldn’t stop it. So yes, the next “plague” will be one science can’t stop. Or are you proposing a religiously predicted plague?

In in this case, the diseases are avoidable. Until the stupid ratio gets too high. 

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

That’s usually why it would be a plague. Because science of the day couldn’t stop it. So yes, the next “plague” will be one science can’t stop. Or are you proposing a religiously predicted plague?

In in this case, the diseases are avoidable. Until the stupid ratio gets too high. 

Believe it or not, science doesn't have all the answers. Well, unless you're a global warming cultist. 

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Believe it or not, science doesn't have all the answers. Well, unless you're a global warming cultist. 

Are you equating settled science and unsettled science?

30 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Believe it or not, science doesn't have all the answers. 

Scientists know that. The most interesting science happens at the frontier of the unanswered. 

Why do do you think the plague was such a good thing? And why are you so certain another one is coming? 

37 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

When the commie ratio gets too high the stupid ratio always follows.

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Scientists know that. The most interesting science happens at the frontier of the unanswered. 

Why do do you think the plague was such a good thing? And why are you so certain another one is coming? 

The plague lowered population levels which had multiple beneficial effects.  One, it helped break the feudal lord and peasant system, and freed labor to increase their overall value. Secondly, in places like Italy, the lower numbers of people meant that more land could be moved from growing cereal crops to fruits and other vegetables thereby increasing overall health. Thirdly, the lack of labor and population caused a need for new innovations which helped move progress on the continent.

I'm certain another is coming because I believe the Bible when it says it is.

Edited by Joe in Winslow