Charles Clay Released

FluffHead

9 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I attend every game. Your 7" TV does not have good reception. Clay has CLAY hands, and CLAY feet. Yeah. He's a good blocker, but more often than not, he couldn't catch a cold......

Actually brother my 70" TV does just fine and the view from my Computer watching plays over and over. Is better than being at the game for that sort of thing.  Its nice that you choose to insult rather than offer anything of substance.  Once again you described last season.

?The Childrens Table is that way➡️

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

It's OK for you to insult me. Got it.

You're exaggerating your TV screen size by 10X.

...Probably not your only size exaggeration.......

"Brother". Indeed............

SC is a long ways for you to go to peep through my windows at night.  Of coarse if you did that you would know there are no exagerations here.  Its hard to judge the latter when your nose is blocking the view huh Bart.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

23 hours ago, White Linen said:

You got told not trolled.  The argument was about the word completely in front of unreliable.  It flew over your head multiple times because semantics confuse you.

I likely will regret this but who is completely unreliable?

No one has been reliable- sammy was great a few games and terrible others- robert woods was as close as we had to reliable and he was only here two of those years. I am though confused on what your point is since the Bills do not have to have reliable recievers for Clay to be unreliable- McCoy was reliable up to this season- Tyrod was reliable not to turn ball over and have a nice deep ball almost every game and make a few plays with his legs. Clay was not consistent in any way.

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I'll likely regret this.  Who has been reliable in our passing game from 2015-2018?

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

No one has been reliable- sammy was great a few games and terrible others- robert woods was as close as we had to reliable and he was only here two of those years. I am though confused on what your point is since the Bills do not have to have reliable recievers for Clay to be unreliable- McCoy was reliable up to this season- Tyrod was reliable not to turn ball over and have a nice deep ball almost every game and make a few plays with his legs. Clay was not consistent in any way.

I'm going to try one more time to explain it to you.  I get it, you hate Clay and are trying to hold on to a position that doesn't hold up.  

In 2015 the Bills were 28th in passing yards - Clay was 16th among TE's 

In 2016 the Bills were 30th in passing yards - Clay was 18th among TE's 

In 2017 the Bills were 31st in passing yards - Clay was 13th among TE's

He outperformed on a putrid passing team with a massive QB problem.  Find someone else to take your emotional outbursts on.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

I'm going to try one more time to explain it to you.  I get it, you hate Clay and are trying to hold on to a position that doesn't hold up.  

In 2015 the Bills were 28th in passing yards - Clay was 16th among TE's 

In 2016 the Bills were 30th in passing yards - Clay was 18th among TE's 

In 2017 the Bills were 31st in passing yards - Clay was 13th among TE's

He outperformed on a putrid passing team with a massive QB problem.  Find someone else to take your emotional outbursts on.  

Your funny- i am not sure if it is intentional- but i dont hate Clay- i respect Clay- i think he worked his hardest for 4 years but was hurt more often then not and his talent was not enough to overcome his injuries. If you think my laughing at your attacks is " emotional outbursts" than so be it but none of it was aimed at Clay as a person simply his consistency.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your funny- i am not sure if it is intentional- but i dont hate Clay- i respect Clay- i think he worked his hardest for 4 years but was hurt more often then not and his talent was not enough to overcome his injuries. If you think my laughing at your attacks is " emotional outbursts" than so be it but none of it was aimed at Clay as a person simply his consistency.

Now he was hurt more often than not.  There's literally no way you could know that.  It's just another outrageous statement or as I call them emotional outbursts.  

It takes talent to overcome injuries now?  Or am I to ignore the meaning of your words again?

Charles Clay was a victim of the money paid to him.   He has all the talent in the world and had a great 2013 season for Miami.   He was an average to above average tight end in the league who got paid like he was an elite talent, and he never was.

Up until last year he was a good tight end who people expected to be Gronk or Travis Kelce because he got paid like them.   The last two years Clay has been more in the class of Jordan Reed or Greg Olsen.  Talented player who couldn't stay healthy. 

Glad we had him for a few years.  Glad we are moving on.  I think the one year contract says a lot. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Charles Clay was a victim of the money paid to him.   He has all the talent in the world and had a great 2013 season for Miami.   He was an average to above average tight end in the league who got paid like he was an elite talent, and he never was.

Up until last year he was a good tight end who people expected to be Gronk or Travis Kelce because he got paid like them.   The last two years Clay has been more in the class of Jordan Reed or Greg Olsen.  Talented player who couldn't stay healthy. 

Glad we had him for a few years.  Glad we are moving on.  I think the one year contract says a lot. 

As does the $350K signing bonus-- they can basically cut him this summer for free.

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Charles Clay was a victim of  Tyrod Taylor and then 

Nate Peterman and a rookie Josh Allen 

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Charles Clay was a victim of  Tyrod Taylor and then 

Nate Peterman and a rookie Josh Allen 

I guess.  But Jason Croom had one less target than Clay this year and had a better year.   Not sure Clay was ever going to be a 70 catch, 1000 yard, ten touchdown player. 

Guess we will never know.  But aside from one Miami game he was never a deep threat or catch and run tight end.

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Former Buffalo Bills tight end Charles Clay is signing a one-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals that is worth up to $3.25 million and includes a $350,000 signing bonus, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.

This is a decent signing for them.  He's not a $9 million TE, but is reasonable at $4 million.  Best of luck

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I guess.  But Jason Croom had one less target than Clay this year and had a better year.   Not sure Clay was ever going to be a 70 catch, 1000 yard, ten touchdown player. 

Guess we will never know.  But aside from one Miami game he was never a deep threat or catch and run tight end.

If we had dumped Stone Hands KB in October CC may have had a better season.  

70 catch is probably asking a lot for a TE  (isn't it?) 

41 minutes ago, GG said:

This is a decent signing for them.  He's not a $9 million TE, but is reasonable at $4 million.  Best of luck

Sure is.. 

Good luck Charles.  

Enjoy the other Josh