Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RPbillsfan

Cuts to add an additional 6 Million

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I agree with part of this and completely disagree with the other.

 

There is absolutely no reason they need an additional 6 million in cap space. It's going to be difficult to spend the money they have. That being said, at what point do they spend the money? Who on the roster are you concerned about paying? Edmunds and Allen in 4 years? White in 3 years? The objective is to play to the cap as much as possible, not stockpile money for some future date. I think they're under some pressure to win this season and I would be surprised if they didn't make some moves you don't expect them to make. They don't have eternity to make this thing work.

I'm hoping they have a stealth campaign to make a run at Clowney in addition to getting D. Williams and Morse or Paradis at center.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm hoping they have a stealth campaign to make a run at Clowney in addition to getting D. Williams and Morse or Paradis at center.

I'm down.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am missing the analytics where cutting a cheap player to be replaced by another cheap player helps the cap.

 

Cut Ducasse because of his performance, not salary cap.  For the others, keep them until you find someone better.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here are some easy cuts to add $6,000,000 to our $78,750,000 in cap space

 

Chris Ivory

Vlad Ducasse

Punter 

Cam Phillips

Denzel Rice

 

These obvious moves would bring our cap space to $85,000,000.

 

That additional space is going to be very helpful.

 

Here's some more cuts:

Random player #1

Random player #2

Random practice squad player #3.

 

 

"Punter."  You're an idiot.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...interesting...so far according to this thread, Shady stays at $ 6 mil...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm hoping they have a stealth campaign to make a run at Clowney in addition to getting D. Williams and Morse or Paradis at center.

I've looked at the Sportac NFL site and based on players that can be cut to add cap space and who are critical "need to resign" I feel players like Lawrence of Dallas, Clowney of the Texans, Flowers of NE, Dee Ford in KC and others will be resigned by their current teams.  We can outbid the Panthers for Darryl Williams, Chiefs won't have enough cap space for Morse and have his replacement in place, Vikings tight against the cap and have to resign Anthony Barr and add on the offensive line.  Paradies will probably resign in Denver as they have cap space.

 

The signings I've suggested are based on their ability to be signed and based on their current teams salary or depth issues and other priority needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is what I suggest they add in Free Agency

 

RT - Darryl Williams - 5 years - $55,000,000

C - Matt Morse - 4 years - $32,000,000

DT - Sheldon Richardson - 3 years $30,000,000

TE - Jesse James - 4 years - $24,000,000

DT - Jordan Phillips - 3 years - $10,000,000

RB- Tevan Coleman - 3 years - $15,000,000

 

Total FY 2019 Cap Space - $43,000,000, leaves $42,000,000 left

 

Now draft needs:

 

WR 

TE

OG

RB

S

 

Would love to add 

 

DK Metcalf or Hakeem Butler

TJ Hockenson or Irv Smith

Either Wisconsin OG

Hendorson or Love at RB

A LB/S hybrid 

 

That gives the Bills a lot to build with

They need to spend way more than that to get to the minimum cap. They can’t roll 40 million. 

And you mention some of the top free agents, surely other teams will be bidding quite hard to get those guys as well. This is why it’s difficult to cut more guys. 

You may end up with worse replacements than you already have on the team. Difference is the guys on the team already know the schemes and players in the locker room. 

You don’t cut someone like ivory until you already have their replacement under contract. Tevin Coleman and Yeldon are the top 2 backs available, other teams need them way more than buffalo. They can’t just sign all the top free agents that’s a bad way to build the team and fill holes. 

Ask the redskins and dolphins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

 

Here's some more cuts:

Random player #1

Random player #2

Random practice squad player #3.

 

 

"Punter."  You're an idiot.

Thank you for your informative input you jerk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So you will cut Cam Phillips a rookie at the league minimum to make cap space?  They aren't going to do that.

Probably fails to realize his salary doesn’t even count towards the cap

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

Thank you for your informative input you jerk.

 

That's "jerky-jerk" to the likes of you, knucklehead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Probably fails to realize his salary doesn’t even count towards the cap

What is the problem with cutting players who won't make the roster due to a lack of talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all who are throwing shade my way please give me your plan.  It's easy to make snide comments or try and be funny.  But how about doing a bit of research.  Possibly evaluate who may be available and why.  Maybe even look at what other teams may do and how that impacts the Bills.

 

I'm a long time fan, bought my first season tickets at age 7 for the 64 season.  Im 61 now and live in California.  I study and evaluate opportunities and try to bring interesting topics with useful researched information for all to read, review and comment on.

 

If you can't do the same, please read but don't comment.

 

Thank You

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I agree with part of this and completely disagree with the other.

 

There is absolutely no reason they need an additional 6 million in cap space. It's going to be difficult to spend the money they have. That being said, at what point do they spend the money? Who on the roster are you concerned about paying? Edmunds and Allen in 4 years? White in 3 years? The objective is to play to the cap as much as possible, not stockpile money for some future date. I think they're under some pressure to win this season and I would be surprised if they didn't make some moves you don't expect them to make. They don't have eternity to make this thing work.

 

I think the idea is to have the flexibility to re-sign your guys (for sure), but also to add one or two free agents every year.  Using all that money this year takes away  your flexibility moving forward.  

 

GMs don't look at the cap year by year. They evaluate over time.  I think you probably understand that.  But I think you aren't appreciating the need to sing free agents next year, and the year after, and the year after (and at some point re-sign our own guys) 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

 

I think the idea is to have the flexibility to re-sign your guys (for sure), but also to add one or two free agents every year.  Using all that money this year takes away  your flexibility moving forward.  

 

GMs don't look at the cap year by year. They evaluate over time.  I think you probably understand that.  But I think you aren't appreciating the need to sing free agents next year, and the year after, and the year after (and at some point re-sign our own guys) 

Hmmmm, my suggested signings cost the Bills $42,000,000, leaving $43,000,000 for next year.  Plus the signings give us room to move off the contracts to pay Tre, Josh and Tremaine at market value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

 

I think the idea is to have the flexibility to re-sign your guys (for sure), but also to add one or two free agents every year.  Using all that money this year takes away  your flexibility moving forward.  

 

GMs don't look at the cap year by year. They evaluate over time.  I think you probably understand that.  But I think you aren't appreciating the need to sing free agents next year, and the year after, and the year after (and at some point re-sign our own guys) 

The cap rises every year. I can see maintaining some space under the cap. It's prudent. That's not where we're at here. We have a TON of cap space with no major impending FA's in 2020. I expect them to be pretty aggressive this year. If they're not careful, they could end up not hitting the cap FLOOR. I agree that it would make sense to stay under by 10-15 mil or so, but anything over that is a waste of cap space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

What is the problem with cutting players who won't make the roster due to a lack of talent.

Your post is inaccurate.. His salary doesn’t count toward the top 53 so your figure is off making this post irrelevant.  Good try though ??

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

For all who are throwing shade my way please give me your plan.  It's easy to make snide comments or try and be funny.  But how about doing a bit of research.  Possibly evaluate who may be available and why.  Maybe even look at what other teams may do and how that impacts the Bills.

 

I'm a long time fan, bought my first season tickets at age 7 for the 64 season.  Im 61 now and live in California.  I study and evaluate opportunities and try to bring interesting topics with useful researched information for all to read, review and comment on.

 

If you can't do the same, please read but don't comment.

 

Thank You

 

You only catch heat for suggesting the cuts really with no reason. 

The 70 + million will be hard enough to spend without opening new holes on the roster. 

They literally hurt themselves by freeing up another 6 million. There’s 31 other teams many who will bid for the exact same players the bills need. Even if they wanted to spend the entire 70 million this offseason they could not fill all their holes on the team, not with decent players. Somehow though they need to spend x amount to get to the minimum salary cap for the league while planning ways out of some of these contracts in the future 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Your post is inaccurate.. His salary doesn’t count toward the top 53 so your figure is off making this post irrelevant.  Good try though ??

Yes, only the top 51 count, I know that.  Do you actually know how many players the Bills have signed for 2019?  I'm guessing no you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...