My baby went off to Kindergarten today

Thailog80

It's been my little girl (Avery) and I together at home for four years now. Today the big bad mean school system took her away for six hours a day. Talk about daddy's heart breaking....I miss her terribly already. But we're coming to Buffalo on Saturday..........WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

21644[/snapback]

I feel your pain as my son John started Kindergarten 8/25. After all he has been through it came as such a bitter sweet event. On one hand I'm happy he's able to and on the other, after spending the past 3.5 years worrying about any little thing that came his way, I'm not sure I was ready for a stranger to have him for 3.5 hrs a day. Yet, I still have one more, my 3 year old son Josh in the bullpen. Being that he's my 5th child, there won't be anymore coming up to the bigs, so this is it. Four boys and a "kick me in the balls and throw me off a bridge" (borrowed from a TSW poster from a few months back) 14 year old daughter. Of course I love her, but she drives me C R A Z Y ....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After 2 days of walking my son in kindergarten to the front door my son looked at me and said...."Dad, can I do it by myself?"....... ;):doh:

It crushed me......he's in 5th grade today.....in a new school and will now switch classes during the day....man he's getting old...oh wait, thats me....

my other son is in 3rd now.....how do these things happen??

She told me that she'll only marry a boy who is a Buffalo Bills fan..... :doh:  She knows how to play the old man pretty well.

21659[/snapback]

And every year she will learn to play you better. ;)

Sent my baby off to college a week ago. Cherish every stage they are at. :P

It's been my little girl (Avery) and I together at home for four years now. Today the big bad mean school system took her away for six hours a day. Talk about daddy's heart breaking....I miss her terribly already. But we're coming to Buffalo on Saturday..........WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

21644[/snapback]

I feel your pain (in advance), bro'. Next September I'll be posting this thread, as my older son, Ryan, will be starting kindergarten. :doh: I get a little choked up thinking about it already. Hang in there...new chapters in your lives are about to be written...embrace them. ;)

my daughter started her 2nd year of pre-K last week. she is very into it. a quick hug and a kiss and she is in the door.

she has stated she never wants to go to big kindergarten and wants to stay with Mrs. Tate and Mrs. Patterson forever. i'm for it as Mrs. Patterson is a hot MILF. Mrs. Tate is more of the cats eye glasses librarian type-pass.

my 2 year old son had trouble the day he went along for the 1st day drop off as he wanted to go to school also and had a fit when he could not go in the room with his sister. we'll see if he is singing the same tune at 12 vs. 2.

Hang in there T. :doh:

When mine goes to K, I know I'm gonna cry. :o

21710[/snapback]

My little one (who'll be three in October) starts preschool here in NJ on Monday - I'm going late to a business trip so I can be perched outside with the movie camera just like when her sister (who is going into the 2nd grade) started some years ago.....it happens so fast

I have no kids, but i am a developmentally delayed prek teacher. (i know the jokes will be coming with that one...) anyways, T, you did the right thing. Stay for a while the first day and leave. Cry in the car, or on the way out, but not in front of her. If you make a big deal about the split to her, she'll milk it and it will be a problem. Make the clean break. Anyways, congrats. I love teaching kids that age. Hopefully the mrs. and i will be able to have kids in a couple of years... we just got married. not ready yet. congrats again.

oh, on a side note, have your kids wear bills stuff often, especially if you're out of town. I saw a kid with a bills shirt on the other day and i about crapped myself.

After 2 days of walking my son in kindergarten to the front door my son looked at me and said...."Dad, can I do it by myself?"....... :o  :(

It crushed me......he's in 5th grade today.....in a new school and will now switch classes during the day....man he's getting old...oh wait, thats me....

my other son is in 3rd now.....how do these things happen??

21750[/snapback]

Wait 'til they start 10th grade. I spent a bundle on clothes and Nautica cologne. When I saw one of his "girl friends" at Kaufmann's I see why he wants to look "nice" instead of just plain ol' t-shirts, etc. The girl was gorgeous. :doh:

My daughter started 2nd grade today. I wish I could just freeze her in time. She's so friggin' cute right now. Rarely gives the Mrs. and I any hard times. I KNOW that will change !  :o

I guess I know how my parents felt....about my sister...

They couldn't WAIT for me to leave... :doh:  :(

21708[/snapback]

Yeah. Enjoy them while they're young. Between 12-15 there is an argument to be made for retroactive abortion. After that mine was back to being cool - which was even better because we could go to violent movies together. Ah, fatherhood.

Here is a cute little story about what happened when my little brother started Kindergarten:

My mom walked over to see my Brother Paul's little kindergarten skit.

When the kids started singing, there was a strange howling in the school hall way.

It was our dog Ruffy. He followed my mother to the school.

Still think it is the cutiest thing.

Wow.. mine had her first dance class today and I thought to myself.. "she doesn't need us anymore."

Weird to think that, but alas... ;-)  I love being a daddy!

22865[/snapback]

I got through day one....onto day two.

I also wouldn't trade being a daddy for anything.