Defense wins championships

aristocrat

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I admit I was wrong about defense not mattering anymore, but Goff was exposed today.  He is not a great QB.  He is a good QB who can be enhanced by a great coach.  He missed a lot of throws today.

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I admit I was wrong about defense not mattering anymore, but Goff was exposed today.  He is not a great QB.  He is a good QB who can be enhanced by a great coach.  He missed a lot of throws today.

I agree to a certain extent. 

Goff isn’t as bad as he looked tonight. 

I fully put this 100% on McVay. He was out coached all game. Goff is productive in that scheme, problem is the patriots knew the scheme in and out and mr creative apparently didn’t have anything new to run. 

We have seen lots of great quarterbacks look like trash when they get hit repeatedly and while Goff isn’t great by any means he never stood a chance. He got blasted all game long. I have watched quite a few ram games this year and that just didn’t look like the same team. Barely no screen passes, all the non stop play actions when everyone in the stadium knew they weren’t gonna run the ball. Did they even have a tight end? Never seen Everett or Higbee that game. 

Cant check down to the running backs when they’re swallowed up in play action. Just a terrible game plan by mcvay 

• Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, Rc2catch said:

I agree to a certain extent. 

Goff isn’t as bad as he looked tonight. 

I fully put this 100% on McVay. He was out coached all game. Goff is productive in that scheme, problem is the patriots knew the scheme in and out and mr creative apparently didn’t have anything new to run. 

We have seen lots of great quarterbacks look like trash when they get hit repeatedly and while Goff isn’t great by any means he never stood a chance. He got blasted all game long. I have watched quite a few ram games this year and that just didn’t look like the same team. Barely no screen passes, all the non stop play actions when everyone in the stadium knew they weren’t gonna run the ball. Did they even have a tight end? Never seen Everett or Higbee that game. 

Cant check down to the running backs when they’re swallowed up in play action. Just a terrible game plan by mcvay 

True, but man was Cooks open for a loooong time on that end zone pass.  That should have been an easy six.  I saw Goff late and not there at all on a lot of open receivers.  Painful to watch.

10 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Tonight was on McVay. 100%. Pure and simple. His gamplan sucked. His play calling sucked. His adjustments sucked. Of anything Goff was held back tonight by a complete coaching bottle job. McVay was like a deer in headlights. He froze. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, GunnerBill said:

Tonight was on McVay. 100%. Pure and simple. His gamplan sucked. His play calling sucked. His adjustments sucked. Of anything Goff was held back tonight by a complete coaching bottle job. McVay was like a deer in headlights. He froze. 

I agree that McVay got schooled.  Belichick just strengthened his argument as more important than Brady.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Bb has done it too many times to blame on Mcvay. Did it against us.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Players still play the game. Goff missed an easy 6 and then threw an absolutely horrible INT with the game on the line.  McVay wasn't good but Goff sucked.

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

When was the last time a number one offense won the super bowl? 

Not sure about that, but I do know the number of points scored to win the last decade of Superbowls was really high...41, 34, 24 ,28, 43, 34, 21, 31, 31, 27.   Of those, 7 of those games had offenses that were lead by likely Hall of fame QBs.

It seems like it depends on the time of season for defenses to dominate. The refs throw a lot of unnecessary flags in the regular season (especially early weeks) that heavily favors the offense. The playoffs prove to be the opposite, as we’ve seen multiple non-call situations that give the defenses the edge and opportunity to play aggressive. I have no stats to back this up and I’m in favor of letting the players play, just observations from watching games. 

• Like (+1) 2