Draft Implications with hiring Ken Dorsey, and McDermott’s “inner circle”

YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

That’s why I don’t read the Cover 1 blogs...

Well that's not what you told me. You said that you didn't read Cover 1 because Erik Turner isn't a real expert, which meant that the stats he posted didn't matter :lol:

Seriously though, not reading the article is fine, but criticizing it without reading it is odd, especially considering that the draft impact from Dorsey idea was made very clear: he has relationships with certain schools, and so he'd have more incite into players from those schools; if Buffalo happened to have a need at a position that a player from one of those schools could fill, then that may push their draft decision in that direction 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

As I referenced the circumstances - he had to coach 5 different starting QBs under 2 different offensive schemes/OCs, 4 of which were not starting caliber and one a raw rookie (Allen) who was not expected to be ready to play year 1... 2 of which who had been with the team like 10 days with no TC anywhere, right off the couch...1 of which was extremely limited (Peterman). All with different skill sets. I thought he did a good job given the circumstances. 

Ok, so you're speaking in general terms because of the circumstances.  I have no idea what kind of impact Culley specifically could have had on our QB situation - and thought you might have.  

I agree the offensive team did decent for what they had and Culley would presumably get a portion of the credit. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Well that's not what you told me. You said that you didn't read Cover 1 because Erik Turner isn't a real expert, which meant that the stats he posted didn't matter :lol:

Seriously though, not reading the article is fine, but criticizing it without reading it is odd, especially considering that the draft impact from Dorsey idea was made very clear: he has relationships with certain schools, and so he'd have more incite into players from those schools; if Buffalo happened to have a need at a position that a player from one of those schools could fill, then that may push their draft decision in that direction 

plain enough : )

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Its all speculation on his part - which is exactly why I don’t read them.  But to be fair it’s not just Cover 1, it’s also Buffalo Rumblings.  They aren’t pros nor do they have the access to players like journalists do.  I get slightly irked when people consider Cover 1 bloggers to be more than they are — fans with a Bills blog. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Its all speculation on his part - which is exactly why I don’t read them.  But to be fair it’s not just Cover 1, it’s also Buffalo Rumblings.  They aren’t pros nor do they have the access to players like journalists do.  I get slightly irked when people consider Cover 1 bloggers to be more than they are — fans with a Bills blog. 

As a former credentialed AP writer, I promise you that journalists are no different--fans with pens that many times know less than HS football players.

Just sayin'

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As a former credentialed AP writer, I promise you that journalists are no different--fans with pens that many times know less than HS football players.

Just sayin'

As a former credentialed broadcast journalist in the UK I second this. 

Soo whats wrong with that. Im sure people would like to hear or read opinions of our team from someone else. Thats why were all here.

On 2/3/2019 at 3:43 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

On 2/3/2019 at 3:43 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Soo whats wrong with that. Im sure people would like to hear or read opinions of our team from someone else. Thats why were all here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 4:30 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

In addition to Hakeem Butler and David Montgomery because of Analytics-Iowa-State-Guy, we're going to draft Jalin Moore because of Short-Stay-App-State-Guy.

David Montgomery is my guy.  I think he's going to be a very solid RB.

I once took Dorsey as the Bills' QB in Madden franchise mode and developed him into the top QB in the league.  It would be fitting for him to return the favor with Allen, but in real life.  Get it done, Dorsey!

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If I am an UDFA linebacker I am trying out in Buffalo. Zo, Milano and Edmunds are the starters. Vosean Davis is a lock. After that it is an open competition for a job. 

Really thin group... but then again the draft class is also thin so not sure how much viable talent is out there in the Udfa pool. I like McDermott’s eye for LBs though