Coonman says it wasn’t him, after yesterday’s apology ???

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...And now a second accuser has come out for the Lt Governor. 

I think everyone here, including and especially the libs, understands that they can no longer do what they claim is right and must let Northam stay on.

At this point, they have FUBAR'ed VA government so badly, doing the right thing by their own standards would mean giving the governorship to a Republican. They'd much rather ignore a two racists and one rapist (by their own definitions) than give up the seat. I'm hopeful the good people of VA will remember this during the next election.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I think everyone here, including and especially the libs, understands that they can no longer do what they claim is right and must let Northam stay on.

At this point, they have FUBAR'ed VA government so badly, doing the right thing by their own standards would mean giving the governorship to a Republican. They'd much rather ignore a two racists and one rapist (by their own definitions) than give up the seat. I'm hopeful the good people of VA will remember this during the next election.

They'll remember how Republicans pounced...

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia official: Governor tells top staff he will not resign over racist photo, despite pressure to step down.

Dy6tH7wXQAMyob4.jpg'...................?

Have Virginia Democrats paused to consider the implications of a statewide blackface/KKK scandal that somehow results only in the resignation of the black guy?

New Daily Kos poll of Virginia voters:

Northam with a 60% approval // 23% disapproval among Dems. ...............Partisanship is one helluva drug.

(6/84% approve/disapprove with Rs,) 

(31/51% with indies)

NEW: Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam tells staff he won’t resign; Vows to read ‘Roots’ and Ta-Nehisi Coates instead

Hey Ralph,

We haven't forgotten your trying to liberalize the abortion laws......................

Read this : 

Image result for The Bible

or ANY book discussing Human rights and moral judgements.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

They'll remember how Republicans pounced...

Given their ability to pounce, one might even call them Tiggers. 

You know what's really funny about this VA thing? For all the grief the right gets about being white supremacists, we're actually watching two white, racist Dems, who mocked blacks by dressing in blackface, keep their job while the black Lt. Gov. loses his job.

If that's not the most Dem outcome ever, I don't know what is.

Virginia delegate plans to introduce articles of impeachment unless Fairfax resigns

Virginia House of Delegates Member Patrick Hope (D) announced Friday he intends to introduce articles of impeachment for Justin Fairfax unless the Democratic lieutenant governor resigns by Monday following new allegations of sexual assault.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:
Wrong one ?

why haven't the defenders of womens rights banded together to protest the allegations against Fairfax in the form of p*ssy hats, hand maiden outfits, group screams, or pounding on the door of the state legislature

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

why haven't the defenders of womens rights banded together to protest the allegations against Fairfax in the form of p*ssy hats, hand maiden outfits, group screams, or pounding on the door of the state legislature

Aside from party affiliation, seems like people sense that he’s on his way out. If he sticks around, it will get louder  — it should get louder. 

• Like (+1) 1

Personally I am glad that the Governor/LG & AG aren't stepping down.  I think this is the same tactic used against Kavanaugh and I am glad they are holding their ground and doing what they can to expose this BS.  Maybe the mudslinging will stop and they can start focusing on governing.  This isn't an endorsement of any of the pols, just glad they are fighting back

14 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Personally I am glad that the Governor/LG & AG aren't stepping down.  I think this is the same tactic used against Kavanaugh and I am glad they are holding their ground and doing what they can to expose this BS.  Maybe the mudslinging will stop and they can start focusing on governing.  This isn't an endorsement of any of the pols, just glad they are fighting back

Yes, it is very bold for the party that attacked Kavanaugh with no evidence to insist it is no big deal when their pets are found with full evidence.

Hey, hopefully they are learning from their mistakes.  I doubt it, but one can hope.  I think the whole Fairfax thing is complete BS, I believe they were consensual and someone decided for payback from the Kavanaugh fiasco.  As far as the blackface, stupid decisions but we all did dumb things and the hope is that they have learned and evolved.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yes, it is very bold for the party that attacked Kavanaugh with no evidence to insist it is no big deal when their pets are found with full evidence.