2005's surprise cut of the year will be...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Adams.

oh i know....they just let Pat Williams walk away..but, you asked for a suprise cut.

what happens if Sam comes into camp really really out of shape and can't give 100% and shows what he did when he got benched in that game (i don't remember the exact game) this past season?

personally you know what I would love to see?

a switch to a 3-4 Defense.....let Sam Adams go, and bring in Jamie Sharper. The Texans are looking to trade him or cut him.

Aside from Bledsoe, which really wasn't a surprise cut, my vote goes for Josh Reed...I just don't see any confidence from him...He was supposed to be the number 2 guy, instead got bounced to 3 and sometimes 4 on the depth chart

289607[/snapback]

Based on his performances in 2003 and 2004, this wouldn't be that much of a surprise.

Ryan Denney

289608[/snapback]

Clump, I admire your knowledge of the cap but evidently your valuable expertise does not extend to talent analysis. Denney may very well move to tight end. Even if that does not occur his value as a swing lineman ( as a pass rushing tackle on third and passing downs as well as a defensive end who can drop in coverage in zone blitz situations) is great. TD and MM highly value versatility and two-fer players. Of course your choice of Denney as a surprise cut may only have cap-related value.

Sam Adams.

oh i know....they just let Pat Williams walk away..but, you asked for a suprise cut.

what happens if Sam comes into camp really really out of shape and can't give 100% and shows what he did when he got benched in that game (i don't remember the exact game) this past season?

a switch to a 3-4 Defense.....let Sam Adams go, and bring in Jamie Sharper.  The Texans are looking to trade him or cut him.

289612[/snapback]

Takeo Spikes. I'm trying to think like you.

a switch to a 3-4 Defense.....let Sam Adams go, and bring in Jamie Sharper.  The Texans are looking to trade him or cut him.

289612[/snapback]

And who are we brining in to coordinate this defense?

I really cannot see any surprises. Maybe, Troy V if he really makes a stink about the permanent switch to FS.

Sam Adams.

289612[/snapback]

My first response was :blink: but after thinking about it for a minute, I realized that if he comes in with the same attitude that got him benched that could actually be a positive. If you recall, that was a turning point of sorts for him, and he played like a monster the rest of the season. Hell, I hope he does show up with that attitude!

Maybe, Troy V if he really makes a stink about the permanent switch to FS.

289625[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought TV knew it was coming sooner or later and has said that however he can help the team is fine as long as he can be on the field and contribute.

Sam Adams.

289612[/snapback]

The scenario isn't exactly right, but that was in the Bengals game. Fat Sam wasn't benched. Jerry Gray kept Ron Edwards in on more plays than usual b/c he was tearing it up and getting great penetration into the backfield and busting up plays. Adams got a little huffy about it during and a little after the game that he lost playing time. Gray said BFD and stated the above reasons why Edwards was kept in, and he and Adams apparently made nice.

Rest assured, he'll be wearing a Bills uniform this season, and rest assured, that uniform will still look like 10 pounds of stuffing in a 1-pound bag. :doh:

Moulds....Williams.....Wire.....Moorman....No player is ever safe on a TD team.  If he can find talent for less money, you are gone!

289660[/snapback]

Isn't that the case with any GM...except for Washington that is.