Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tipster19

Is DT Gerald McCoy done in Tampa?

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

I laugh when I see posts about stealing other players for little to nothing, and they think it's possible.  I bet these are the same people that thought getting a 2 or 3 for McCoy was possible, and thought 5-6 round pick was ridiculous.  

 

If available, I'd make a full push for this guy.  They need to start spending money.  Might as well get a proven commodity that fits the scheme. 

IN WHAT WORLD IS GERALD MCCOY WORTH A 7TH AND NOT A STEAL FOR THAT AND WHAT.. 13M WE PROBABLY WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO SPEND??!

 

Triggered. HE'S NOT A 7TH WHAT IS WRONG WITH YA'LL'S BRAINS?!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubtful that the d line will be addressed in the off season, thinking Harrison and Phillips rotate replacing kyle. Star mans the  other tackle , Hughes, shaq, Murphy man the ends...maybe a depth signing but to many needs for a major move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

 

 

Glass half empty guys?? I did notice the guys you are referencing are all defensive guys. All I know is when you look at the results of all the defensive moves that have been made in the two years that he has been here we have a top 3 defense after the mess the Ryan brothers left us. Maybe try and look at the positive side of things like a Levi Wallace or a Micah Hyde. 

 

 

 

Let me remind you of your quote:

 

"Beane has an expanding track record of getting guys who really perform for less than top money. He's not going to go out there and get a guy at any cost. We're finally over those types of contracts and there is no way he's going to put us back there."

 

False.

 

Beane has a track record(the one offseason) of over-paying in free agency.    Lotulelei, Murphy, Vontae, McCarron, Bodine, Newhouse.   He also traded for a guaranteed contract(Corey Coleman) and then cut the guy 2 weeks later.   

 

And btw.........Micah Hyde was signed pre-Beane...............and Wallace was an UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT........not an unrestricted one.......it's kinda' easy to avoid "those types of contracts" with UDFA.:doh:

 

Try to get some facts right at least.

 

Even if not all of them......perhaps just a few so you aren't so ENTIRELY ***** WRONG that I have to correct you?

 

  Can you do that?:thumbsup:😂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

Beane has a track record(the one offseason) of over-paying in free agency. Lotulelei, Murphy, Vontae, McCarron, Bodine, Newhouse.   He also traded for a guaranteed contract(Corey Coleman) and then cut the guy 2 weeks later.   

 

 

Try to get some facts right at least.

 

Even if not all of them......perhaps just a few so you aren't so ENTIRELY ***** WRONG that I have to correct you?

 


Are you serious with this garbage? Beane overpaid for McCarron? REALLY?! And Bodine, too? Absolute nonsense. Furthermore, he later TRADED McCarron and Newhouse to other teams for draft picks. What a waste their signings were 🙄

As for sending the Browns a 7th round pick for a former 1st round WR when the Bills were desperate for WR help and speed on the outside...are you REALLY gonna fault him for taking that swing?

Seriously, you're trying too hard with the Beane hate. 

And then you have the nerve to end with the two sentences you ended with? If you're gonna be a big richard, take your own advice and "try to get some facts right at least".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 1:14 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Was Carolina a 5 year rebuild. No. They got Cam and they were in a Superbowl. 

 

 Don’t let facts get in your way. 

 

Cam Newton was drafted in 2011. The Panthers were in the 2016 SB.

 

I mean you literally couldn’t have chosen a worse example to prove your point.

Edited by Seoul_panther
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will boil down to whether they think McCoy can play to 13M/yr. Or settle for Phillips & Phillips and draft a DT(Lawrence) in April. Star will need help.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Salty Anger sounds like an teenage emo band name.

 

Not really, no.

 

We know you love Teef dude.

 

I'm sure Howie Mandell loved George Carlin too...........but c'mon man.............you get nothing to hit after Teef's been up...........you are batting below the Mendoza-line on those.

 

Stick with them free-range gifs.    That's your rubber glove.✌️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Logic said:


Are you serious with this garbage? Beane overpaid for McCarron? REALLY?! And Bodine, too? Absolute nonsense. Furthermore, he later TRADED McCarron and Newhouse to other teams for draft picks. What a waste their signings were 🙄

As for sending the Browns a 7th round pick for a former 1st round WR when the Bills were desperate for WR help and speed on the outside...are you REALLY gonna fault him for taking that swing?

Seriously, you're trying too hard with the Beane hate. 

And then you have the nerve to end with the two sentences you ended with? If you're gonna be a big richard, take your own advice and "try to get some facts right at least".

 

 

 

Beane himself was highly disappointed with the McCarron signing........."he wasn't who we thought he was"..........so yes........$5M for a guy who so underperformed that Nate Peterman ends up beating him out is ABSOLUTELY an overpay.

 

And btw it's not Beane hate..........it's the McBeane reality..........they didn't get good value in free agency last year...........it's hard to deny that but then we have people like @ProcessAccepted claiming that Beane has an ever growing track record of only getting bargains and you come barking behind him with more nonsense.

 

As I always say..........get the guys at high $ positions in the early rounds of the draft..........don't draft your run stuffers or RB's or safeties or guards/centers early........you can always overpay for them in FA and come out fine so long as you have your expensive positions covered with home grown talent.

 

So I'm not even necessarily EXPECTING Beane to get great value in FA..........he's probably going to have to continue to over pay...........but we don't have to pretend that things like paying Star Lotulelei $1M per tackle and then watching Jordan Poyer wear himself out tackling RB's was money well spent.........it wasn't.  

 

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Logic said:


Are you serious with this garbage? Beane overpaid for McCarron? REALLY?! And Bodine, too? Absolute nonsense. Furthermore, he later TRADED McCarron and Newhouse to other teams for draft picks. What a waste their signings were 🙄

As for sending the Browns a 7th round pick for a former 1st round WR when the Bills were desperate for WR help and speed on the outside...are you REALLY gonna fault him for taking that swing?

Seriously, you're trying too hard with the Beane hate. 

And then you have the nerve to end with the two sentences you ended with? If you're gonna be a big richard, take your own advice and "try to get some facts right at least".

 

McCarron = $4M for a 5th round 2019 draft pick.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

McCarron = $4M for a 5th round 2019 draft pick.......

I actually see that as a positive considering I'm not writing the checks. It's basically a 5th round pick for nothing(other than Terry's money).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I actually see that as a positive considering I'm not writing the checks. It's basically a 5th round pick for nothing(other than Terry's money).

 

 

I like picking up 5th rounders but I also can't unsee the first two months of last season where McCarron was supposed to be the QB and instead the Bills were slaughtered repeatedly and the competitive portion of their season ended.

 

But the discussion you are joining wasn't about trade value.

 

@ProcessAccepted's narrative was that Beane just signs players who outperform their pay............which, as any reasonable Bills fan knows by now,  is FAR from correct.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I like picking up 5th rounders but I also can't unsee the first two months of last season where McCarron was supposed to be the QB and instead the Bills were slaughtered repeatedly and the competitive portion of their season ended.

 

But the discussion you are joining wasn't about trade value.

 

@ProcessAccepted's narrative was that Beane just signs players who outperform their pay............which, as any reasonable Bills fan knows by now,  is FAR from correct.

 

Admittedly skimmed through the thread and was just looking at that particular transaction in isolation. Their handling of the QB position was beyond awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I actually see that as a positive considering I'm not writing the checks. It's basically a 5th round pick for nothing(other than Terry's money).

Ask Terry how he feels about that. The draft is a gamble. Imagine gambling your boss's $$$$ to the tune of $5M for a yet unknown prospect.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Ask Terry how he feels about that. The draft is a gamble. Imagine gambling your boss's $$$$ to the tune of $5M for a yet unknown prospect.....

I get it, but like I said, it's not my money. 4 mil isn't gonna affect Terry's lifestyle. Strictly from a Bills standpoint, they got a pick for nothing but cash. Little to no impact on the cap. The guy writing the checks? Yeah, it probably stings.

 

Will never defend the way they handled the QB situation in 2018. Atrocious.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

but we don't have to pretend that things like paying Star Lotulelei $1M per tackle and then watching Jordan Poyer wear himself out tackling RB's was money well spent.........it wasn't.  

 

Yeah this is why people don't take you seriously. How far do you have to stretch to criticize Poyer's contract?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

So I'm not even necessarily EXPECTING Beane to get great value in FA..........he's probably going to have to continue to over pay...........but we don't have to pretend that things like paying Star Lotulelei $1M per tackle and then watching Jordan Poyer wear himself out tackling RB's was money well spent.........it wasn't.  

 



That's funny. I could've sworn the Bills had the number one passing defense and number two overall defense in the entire league. Not "money well spent"? I completely disagree.

As to McCarron being a waste of money: He netted a 5th round pick. Previous mid-late round draft picks by Beane have included bright young stars Matt Milano and Taron Johnson. So...if the 5th round pick we got for McCarron ends up turning into a quality player in the draft, I expect you to own up to that fact and admit that it wound up being a net gain for the BIlls. Oh wait, no I don't.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

McCarron = $4M for a 5th round 2019 draft pick.......

Let's see Matt Milano and Wyatt Teller were 5th round picks.  Your point is outstanding.  I'd pay 4 Million in a heartbeat to get those type of results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

Yeah this is why people don't take you seriously. How far do you have to stretch to criticize Poyer's contract?

It was an exaggeration, but people make a lot of excuses for Star based on what they're told by the Bills and a few nice comments by teammates. Lorax is a process guy so of course he's gonna give a shoutout to the Bills prized 2018 FA. Star has regressed quite a bit from his early days and that's reflected in his poor PFF grade. He didn't make a ton of plays early in his career, but he was graded much higher because he was more effective. It wasn't a very good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Let's see Matt Milano and Wyatt Teller were 5th round picks.  Your point is outstanding.  I'd pay 4 Million in a heartbeat to get those type of results.

I like Teller, but he struggled terribly in some games. 

 

No idea what he is yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

Yeah this is why people don't take you seriously. How far do you have to stretch to criticize Poyer's contract?

 

 

What in the ***** are you talking about?😂

 

Am I somehow stretching in saying that Lotulelei was overpaid for his work in 2018? :flirt:   Isn't he still generally considered to have been one of the most overpaid FA's?

 

Poyer was a great value find...........but that's irrelevant........that signing was long before Beane.

 

My point in mentioning Poyer was that he was having to make far too many tackles in the run game.    Some of that was on the LB's but Star was absolutely no "star".

 

You are obviously late to the discussion but the topic here is the assertion by @ProcessAccepted that Beane just signs players who outperform their pay..........which again.........is so clearly not true.     Do you disagree?   If show site all of the examples otherwise.

 

 The vast majority of his FA acquisitions last offseason were poor values.

 

   

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...