And just like that, we are all Rams fans.

36 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Very true but for some reason teams play scared against Brady.  or maybe they just don't have the personal to execute the game plan.  I couldn't believe the way SD played & the game plan they had for Brady.  They might as well just of forfeit the game & save the airfare.  Lynne made -0- adjustments either.  

My friend at works his dad is good friends with Gronk's dad, & he told him last week Gronk is done after this year.  Patriots have a bunch of guys up for Free Agency I believe, not sure how hard it will be for them to reload, it hasn't seem to matter the past 10 years or so with Brady being so good.  I have felt for the past decade their roster is vulnerable & not that good, but somehow they always end up in the super bowl.  

Agree with your points regarding the SD defensive gameplan. Pathetic. KC's defense is just poor from coaching to personnel so that wasn't a surprise. Also expect to see Gronk retire but appreciate the insight.

What I would say is that I DO believe this time is different with Brady. This time his arm is beginning to fail him and I expect it to deteriorate further. Father Time is catching up(albeit slowly). I'm amazed at what he's been able to do this postseason, but I fully expect this to be his last hurrah. Time will tell. I have never once been a guy who believed Brady was done, etc the umpteen times he's been written off. This time I think it's real.

There's a STRONG case to be made that this may be the most impressive run the Brady lead Pats have had. This guy is out there doing all of this with an arm on life support. Some people view that as an insult when it's really meant to be a compliment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

didn't look like verge of collapse to me, there was nothing from the 2 games to conclude it was close, Tom was laughing during both of them

Pats keep subbing in any of 3 RBs into the game, nobody even knows who is in the game at a given time, and they tear it up with ease

I hate Tom to give Nick Wright credit because he is annoying but he had it right. If Dee Ford lines up onside Brady’s Rating would have been in the low 60s with 3 picks and one touchdown. (Against a bad secondary) 

He did make some nice throws after the mistake to Gronk. 

Edited by CommonCents

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I'm rooting for the Pats in the SB. And the irrational animosity directed toward Sullivan was silly.  Complaining about a columnist while continuing to read his work is like hating Italian food and continuing to go to Italian restaurants. 

JohnC, I'm not a Patriots fan like many on OTB charge, but I do admire and respect what they have accomplished since 2000, almost 19 years! I want the Bills to emulate the Patriots and create a dynasty but the "fire everybody" crowd remains focused on hating the Patriots and "McBean," oh ya, Sully too.

19 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Agree with your points regarding the SD defensive gameplan. Pathetic. KC's defense is just poor from coaching to personnel so that wasn't a surprise. Also expect to see Gronk retire but appreciate the insight.

What I would say is that I DO believe this time is different with Brady. This time his arm is beginning to fail him and I expect it to deteriorate further. Father Time is catching up(albeit slowly). I'm amazed at what he's been able to do this postseason, but I fully expect this to be his last hurrah. Time will tell. I have never once been a guy who believed Brady was done, etc the umpteen times he's been written off. This time I think it's real.

There's a STRONG case to be made that this may be the most impressive run the Brady lead Pats have had. This guy is out there doing all of this with an arm on life support. Some people view that as an insult when it's really meant to be a compliment.

Again, why can you not admire and respect what this organization has accomplished? Since 2000 - scouting, drafting, FA signings, coaching, and QB play - yet we still have many lamenting the departure of Doug Whaley, Watkins, Ragland, and Gilmore!!! And they just can't seem to grasp we are in an organizational rebuild!!!

5 minutes ago, vorpma said:

JohnC, I'm not a Patriots fan like many on OTB charge, but I do admire and respect what they have accomplished since 2000, almost 19 years! I want the Bills to emulate the Patriots and create a dynasty but the "fire everybody" crowd remains focused on hating the Patriots and "McBean," oh ya, Sully too.

Again, why can you not admire and respect what this organization has accomplished? Since 2000 - scouting, drafting, FA signings, coaching, and QB play - yet we still have many lamenting the departure of Doug Whaley, Watkins, Ragland, and Gilmore!!! And they just can't seem to grasp we are in an organizational rebuild!!!

I have the seemingly unique perspective of not really giving a **** about the Patriots emotionally. If the Bills aren't involved, I just don't really care. Not one to root AGAINST a team. Just not my cup of tea. And I absolutely admire what they've been able to do. It is VERY unlikely to be repeated. My take on Brady is likewise not borne of hatred or spite. I'm calling it like I see it. He's the best QB of all time, but I believe his arm will fail him should he return in 2019. If I were forced to choose, I'd like to see him come back and get thumped by the Bills, as unlikely as that seems at the moment. Last thing you'd want if you despise Brady is to see him go out king of the world.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I have the seemingly unique perspective of not really giving a **** about the Patriots emotionally. If the Bills aren't involved, I just don't really care. Not one to root AGAINST a team. Just not my cup of tea. And I absolutely admire what they've been able to do. It is VERY unlikely to be repeated. My take on Brady is likewise not borne of hatred or spite. I'm calling it like I see it. He's the best QB of all time, but I believe his arm will fail him should he return in 2019. If I were forced to choose, I'd like to see him come back and get thumped by the Bills, as unlikely as that seems at the moment. Last thing you'd want if you despise Brady is to see him go out king of the world.

Good post; I still have to root for the Patriots in the SB simply because they are a plank holder in the American Football League and the rules of 1960's Buffalo - hate the NFL (NFC). I still get chills watching reruns of SB III and SB IV! I was seated in the rockpile in September 1969 when the Jets were introduced as World Champions and got a long, emotional standing ovation! Hard for many to understand but I can't hate the original AFL teams, including the BOSTON PATRIOTS - Babe Parilli, Jim Nance, Larry Garron, Gino Cappeleti - you had to experience the 60's as a Bills fan to understand!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Im for the Rams ONLY if Brady is planning on coming back next year.

BUT, if in his mind, he's thinking about retiring after just one more ring, I want the Pats to win so he can get the hell up out of the AFC East...

Every year I want to beat Brady fair and square and it doesn't happen. I've had enough. I've accepted the fact that he OWNS us. I've thrown in the towel. The same towel the refs use against us whenever we play them. 

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that he has some sports/fitness line of some sort of snake oil all lined up to launch when he wins his next ring, and that he will retire at that point. I think he should come out with a cologne called "Asterisk." 

Anyway, Imagine if Brady retires, and Miami, and NYJ both have new HCs? We could, at last, be playing for the division, instead of endlessly chasing a wild card.

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that he has some sports/fitness line of some sort of snake oil all lined up to launch when he wins his next ring, and that he will retire at that point. I think he should come out with a cologne called "Asterisk." 

Anyway, Imagine if Brady retires, and Miami, and NYJ both have new HCs? We could, at last, be playing for the division, instead of endlessly chasing a wild card.

That's pretty much what I'm hoping for... A decent shot at competing within the division...

Ive been paying attention to the Rams since Woods went there.

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

They have a masterful gameplan and Tom Brady is the greatest pre snap QB of all time. He does not have the arm strength to beat you deep but neither SD nor KC seemed to get the memo. That will change when team's finally catch on. Take away the middle of the field and he's toast. Sure, he'll occasionally chuck up a jumpball to Gronk or someone else, but it's not sustainable. 

I'd like to say Wade has some tricks up his sleeve, but the Rams have some really stupid DB's/LB'ers. Not sure they'll be able to execute the plan.

They didnt have the D the Rams do.  Especially for a single game. Donald, Suh, and Brockers. Talib and Peters at CB.

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

We should all hope Tom Brady comes back because he's on the verge of collapse. If he wins and retires, that smirk in the lockerroom will be the lasting image of Tom Brady's career.

I want to see the Bills beat TB and that is finally within reach. I was previously leaning toward his competitive fire prompting him to keep it pushing until he can't push anymore. Now I'm starting to think he knows his limitations are catching up with him and he will bow out the champ(assuming they win). I will say this; if he retires, win or lose, it's because he knows he doesn't have another run in him. He would love to get number 7. Whether it be money or rings, there's never enough.

You still have the mindset of a fighter when I already threw in the towel... I don't want to beat an old Tom Brady. We had many shots in his prime and even as an old man he still has our number. I'm done with him. I'll be happy if he retires.

But for argument's sake let's say it plays out the way you want it to. Let's say he plays another 2 years and we beat him in those 4 games. What would his overall record against the Bills be then? Like 26-6? Im not sure but it's something crazy like that. I'm done with him man. That smile you mentioned. He will always have that smirk when thinking of the Bills. 

1 minute ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

You still have the mindset of a fighter when I already threw in the towel... I don't want to beat an old Tom Brady. We had many shots in his prime and even as an old man he still has our number. I'm done with him. I'll be happy if he retires.

But for argument's sake let's say it plays out the way you want it to. Let's say he plays another 2 years and we beat him in those 4 games. What would his overall record against the Bills be then? Like 26-6? Im not sure but it's something crazy like that. I'm done with him man. That smile you mentioned. He will always have that smirk when thinking of the Bills. 

If they beat his old ass four straight times that’s all I will choose to remember about Tommy. I want to beat him. 

On 1/22/2019 at 3:26 PM, LSHMEAB said:

They have a masterful gameplan and Tom Brady is the greatest pre snap QB of all time. He does not have the arm strength to beat you deep but neither SD nor KC seemed to get the memo. That will change when team's finally catch on. Take away the middle of the field and he's toast. Sure, he'll occasionally chuck up a jumpball to Gronk or someone else, but it's not sustainable. 

I'd like to say Wade has some tricks up his sleeve, but the Rams have some really stupid DB's/LB'ers. Not sure they'll be able to execute the plan.

they've had since 2001 to "catch on"

maybe you should send your unsolicited blueprints to the others teams so they can see what we see from our couch

what is wrong with taking the easy 7 yards on 1st and 10?

i know the Bills love to run Shady to the sidelines on 1st and 10 and then 2nd and 12 to start the game....

Edited by row_33
  • Haha (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, LSHMEAB said:

When, in another 10 years?  How many years have posters her been saying this exact same thing?  "he hates pressure up the middle", "take away the middle".  Every team has 18 years of film on this guy.....and you have it all figured out?

"Not sustainable"....LOL, that's a riot.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

When, in another 10 years?  How many years have posters her been saying this exact same thing?  "he hates pressure up the middle", "take away the middle".  Every team has 18 years of film on this guy.....and you have it all figured out?

Taking his knees out would work too.

But defenses seem to fail at that too :) 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They've been saying it for 10 years. It's only true now. His arm is failing him and it's ALL smoke and mirrors at this point. There's really no way to know who's right or wrong unless he comes back next year.

16 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

They've been saying it for 10 years. It's only true now. His arm is failing him and it's ALL smoke and mirrors at this point. There's really no way to know who's right or wrong unless he comes back next year.

He's given no indication that he would not be coming back next year. 

He was 7th in passing yards, 9th in attempts, 9th in passes over 20 yards, 9th in passes resulting in 1st downs, 10 in YPA among regular starters.   That's not smoke and mirrors, no more so than usual for him.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's given no indication that he would not be coming back next year. 

He was 7th in passing yards, 9th in attempts, 9th in passes over 20 yards, 9th in passes resulting in 1st downs, 10 in YPA among regular starters.   That's not smoke and mirrors, no more so than usual for him.

Just like the Wentz debate we had, we're really not going to know who's right until next season. I will be furious if Brady retires and doesn't let it play itself out. Even the most cerebral QB of all time(which Brady is) must have an adequate arm. I'm seeing far more wobblers, far more inaccurate passes, and far less velocity. What's he doing is remarkable, but without that Offside call, he'd have had 1 TD/3 picks and a loss against a horrible KC defense. Time will tell. He has zero margin for error remaining in terms of arm strength. Another year will certainly take a toll at his advanced age.

I used to care more about beating the Pats with Brady.

It’s just not important to me now.  I just want that era to close out, see the Bills start winning the division and the Pats slide into irrelevancy.  I don’t care if it happens because Brady retires, or stays and his play drops off.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Success said:

I used to care more about beating the Pats with Brady.

It’s just not important to me now.  I just want that era to close out, see the Bills start winning the division and the Pats slide into irrelevancy.  I don’t care if it happens because Brady retires, or stays and his play drops off.

See, you're worn out at the WORST possible time! I'm more concerned about McD vs. BB than I am Brady. McD has done some good things, but he's been totally outclassed by BB in all 4 matchups.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Just like the Wentz debate we had, we're really not going to know who's right until next season. I will be furious if Brady retires and doesn't let it play itself out. Even the most cerebral QB of all time(which Brady is) must have an adequate arm. I'm seeing far more wobblers, far more inaccurate passes, and far less velocity. What's he doing is remarkable, but without that Offside call, he'd have had 1 TD/3 picks and a loss against a horrible KC defense. Time will tell. He has zero margin for error remaining in terms of arm strength. Another year will certainly take a toll at his advanced age.

So if he decides to come back next season, that means he his skills are NOT fading?  Ok, don't see the logic there but... His arm is  o worse this year than last.

Anyway, Andrew luck completed 50%of his passes, 3 of which couldn't clear the LOS because they were batted down, for 200 yards against "a horrible KC defense".

Guess he's done too, right?

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So if he decides to come back next season, that means he his skills are NOT fading?  Ok, don't see the logic there but... His arm is  o worse this year than last.

Anyway, Andrew luck completed 50%of his passes, 3 of which couldn't clear the LOS because they were batted down, for 200 yards against "a horrible KC defense".

Guess he's done too, right?

Andrew Luck had a crap game because that offense is not conceived for quick strikes and they fell behind quickly. I do think Luck's arm looked bad at the end of the season, but I'm more inclined to believe that'll return with time. I believe Tom Brady's arm is on the type of decline that doesn't bounce back.

If he comes back, HE believes he's going to get it done in 2019. If he retires, I think he knows he's done. Not gonna buy the theory that he's "done all he can." The same way billionaires are never content, champions are NEVER content. If he thinks he can get seven rings, he'll damn well try to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/22/2019 at 11:36 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Why are you on this post?  You obviously like or love the Pats.  You have absolutely no friends here.

Dont be ridiculous people like or love me here lol

I don't have a favorite NFL team. I follow players I like ;)