Any analysis of how/why Pats ran for 275 against Buffalo

Socal-805

I would like to see/read/understand how the Pats were able to put up 275 yards against this defense.

Saw an All-22 of Star which basically said the Pats were consistently staying away from, or, accounting for him and that hid actually did well.

What happened???

What was N.E. able to exploit?  

Did the D just quit?

THx

35 minutes ago, Billsmisery said:

I'm baffled considering this is the DL that Ted Washington is supposed to be jealous of. 

Ted Washington said that he didn't think the Bills D-line was anything special.

As for the 275, The Pats saw something in the way the Bills defend and exploited it with average players.  McD said in a presser that the Pats did some things in the running game they didn't expect and hadn't seen from them. 

It's just another example of great coaching on the part of the Pats.  Love 'em or hate 'em, you have to tip your hat to them. 

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

NE ran where Buffalo defenders weren’t.  Hot damn, get me 20 minutes with Shtupp and the Bulldog weekly!  (Thursdays, 5:05-5:25 p.m.)

OK.  Was hoping for something more specific.  

Seems like the front 7 is really not very good.  Ranked 19 th in rushing yards this year.

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Ted Washington said that he didn't think the Bills D-line was anything special.

As for the 275, The Pats saw something in the way the Bills defend and exploited it with average players.  McD said in a presser that the Pats did some things in the running game they didn't expect and hadn't seen from them. 

It's just another example of great coaching on the part of the Pats.  Love 'em or hate 'em, you have to tip your hat to them. 

THX.

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

There was an excellent analysis of this very thing in the Athletic this week. I highly recommend subscribing to this site. 

This is correct. Many guys on the line were lined up incorrectly which led to loss of containment. LB issues as well. 

If I remember correctly, they averaged nine yards on the Jet sweeps. It was an overall defensive failure, not simply Edmunds as many claim. 

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

This is correct. Many guys on the line were lined up incorrectly which led to loss of containment. LB issues as well. 

If I remember correctly, they averaged nine yards on the Jet sweeps. It was an overall defensive failure, not simply Edmunds as many claim. 

Agreed. Combination of:

- great game plan by the Pats laser targeting the Bills tendencies 

- absence of Milano and Taron Johnson. The replacements are not nearly as good. 

- Frazier was badly out coached and did not adjust until mid Q3 much too late

- missed assignments as a result all over 

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1