I'll take a shot at the 2019 offense FA's

Virgil

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

First off, let me just say how incredibly rare NFL talent is.  If you think about the how many kids play in High School, then College, and how few are considered to be NFL ready, it's a truly rare breed.  To think that there isn't ONE legitimate offensive star coming out of this draft out of how many Div 1 schools?  It's crazy if you think about it.  

Free Agents

WR - Chris Conley (finishing his rookie deal.  Doesn't have huge stats, but has size and speed)

WR - Kevin White (he's going to have to settle for a one year, prove it deal.  Huge boom or bust)

WR - Tyrell Williams (solid #2 out of San Diego who has the size and speed of a number 1.  May not be a true number one, but would command enough attention to let Foster or Zay do their thing)

TE - Jared Cook (#1 receiver on Oakland.  32 years old, but a true pass catcher.  Played under a 2 year, 10 mil contract.  Would be a huge boost in the interim)

RT - Daryl Williams (From Carolina.  What more is there to say?)

C - Matt Paradis

And here's where I lose all credibility.  

IF, and I only mean IF, you can get him a front loaded contract with a safe out-clause after 3 years..........

RB - Bell. 

Hear me out.  He's still incredibly young, has good speed, and proven performance.  I admit, he has red flags with the suspensions and how well is backup played in the same system.  But the big thing to me is more about Josh Allen.  Bell is a genuine threat out of the backfield as a pass catcher.  He can be the check down player Allen needs.  Also, we have 90 mil to spend and there really isn't a lot of players to spend it on.  So if Bell wants his money, give it to him up front.  Pay him a bunch in the first 3 years before he's 29 and then have it be more team friendly.  It's not our money.  

Whatever money is left, let McDermott go crazy on defensive players.  In the draft, we can still get the WR out of UB and offensive lineman depth.  

End result, imagine this lineup on the field

QB - Allen 

RB - Bell

FB - DiMarco

WR - Williams

WR - Conley

WR - Zay

WR - Foster

TE - Cook

LT - Dawkins 

LG - Teller

C - Paradis

RG - Draft

RT - Williams

To me, that's an offense that I would expect production from weekly.  Allen would have weapons all over the field.   

Yes, it's a little Madden, but it's not crazy with the money we have to spend.

Flame away

This isn't crazy, and I would be happy with this FA grab.  Funny thing about Bell is that everyone saying no way would also freak out in excitement if he was actually a Bill.  Same way people freaked out on McCoys contract then constantly raved about him when he was playing well.  

I dont think its crazy to sign Bell, although admittedly, I would prefer to to spend the money elsewhere because I do feel like there are some quality RB's we can bring in much cheaper in FA and the draft.  But, certainly wouldn't be upset if he was a Bill.  

I think we are going to draft a WR, and I personally think someone like Metcalf in the first, so I doubt we sign 3 FA WRs.  And the only guy I hate on your list is White.  Hes useless, not even Bears fans think anything of him.  I hate chasing other teams busts, especially ones made of glass.  He is up there with Carlos Rogers in terms of fragile busts.  

Not sure if he is a FA, but someone else had him on their list in another thread and that is Adam Humphires.  I would prefer him over Conley if we say signed Tyrell Williams.  If we have both Tyrell and Foster, then we need some underneath guys like how Kupp is for Rams.  And I think Adam is better for that.  

PS:  Cut Zay Jones.  He struggles catching the ball, but most importantly, he doesn't "win" his routes.  He has been utterly owned the last weeks by his opposing DB's who have manhandled him and kept him from winning his routes.  So, sorry if you can't catch or run routes, you are done in my book.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But his plan was to draft a guard (which I also agree with)  Unless you absolutely feel you need to move Dawkins elsewhere, you typically don't need to use a first rounder on a guard or a RT. Will Dawkins likely be an all pro LT probably not, but do think he's adequate particularity when you surrond him with better talent. Plus his plan was to sign a RT from Carolina, so if you want to move Dawkins and signed another RT, where you moving him to?  You've pretty much completely blown up the OP's original plan which is fine, but then who else are you signing. While I agree that it's easier to sign WR and RB than LT, the question is do we need really need a LT?

True Teller hasn't proved anything, but neither has any rookie you draft either.

I think that Dawkins needs to move, so that would account in our difference of opinion. That whole line needs new additions if only for depth purposes.

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

That's a good point but at some stage, Allen has to make that a strong suit regardless, especially given how good he is with broken plays. He's not going to maximize his talent if he can't use Shady and Bell RBs like he should. Every quarterback should be able to benefit from a teammates' skill set.

Ok, but why does he have to? Because other QBs do it? His talent it stretching the field out with vertical passing. A short pass here and there, of course would be fine, but I'm not looking for a pass catching RB for him. Honestly, said before the season started the perfect type RB for him would be Derrick Henry. Not big on catching, can pound and tire out a defense. 

38 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Ok, but why does he have to? Because other QBs do it? His talent it stretching the field out with vertical passing. A short pass here and there, of course would be fine, but I'm not looking for a pass catching RB for him. Honestly, said before the season started the perfect type RB for him would be Derrick Henry. Not big on catching, can pound and tire out a defense. 

yes because other quarterbacks do it and you do not want to be one dimensional. I don't think he necessarily needs a pass catching runningback either but the man better adapt because those are easy chunks of yards when the team is playing spy and shutting down the vertical passing and daring him to dump off.

Any time you limit your quarterback play, he'll be dared to do what he can't. We can't just eliminate screen plays and dump offs from the playbook. He becomes so much more dangerous with his ability to make broken plays, threat to run.. add in a Russel Wilson or Big Ben ability to fake the run for a dump off and he has a whole nother weapon.

Many quarterbacks can stretch the field with vertical passing while also checking down.. it's their job to be able to make all the throws.

16 hours ago, Virgil said:

First off, let me just say how incredibly rare NFL talent is.  If you think about the how many kids play in High School, then College, and how few are considered to be NFL ready, it's a truly rare breed.  To think that there isn't ONE legitimate offensive star coming out of this draft out of how many Div 1 schools?  It's crazy if you think about it.  

Free Agents

WR - Chris Conley (finishing his rookie deal.  Doesn't have huge stats, but has size and speed)

WR - Kevin White (he's going to have to settle for a one year, prove it deal.  Huge boom or bust)

WR - Tyrell Williams (solid #2 out of San Diego who has the size and speed of a number 1.  May not be a true number one, but would command enough attention to let Foster or Zay do their thing)

TE - Jared Cook (#1 receiver on Oakland.  32 years old, but a true pass catcher.  Played under a 2 year, 10 mil contract.  Would be a huge boost in the interim)

RT - Daryl Williams (From Carolina.  What more is there to say?)

C - Matt Paradis

And here's where I lose all credibility.  

IF, and I only mean IF, you can get him a front loaded contract with a safe out-clause after 3 years..........

RB - Bell. 

Hear me out.  He's still incredibly young, has good speed, and proven performance.  I admit, he has red flags with the suspensions and how well is backup played in the same system.  But the big thing to me is more about Josh Allen.  Bell is a genuine threat out of the backfield as a pass catcher.  He can be the check down player Allen needs.  Also, we have 90 mil to spend and there really isn't a lot of players to spend it on.  So if Bell wants his money, give it to him up front.  Pay him a bunch in the first 3 years before he's 29 and then have it be more team friendly.  It's not our money.  

Whatever money is left, let McDermott go crazy on defensive players.  In the draft, we can still get the WR out of UB and offensive lineman depth.  

End result, imagine this lineup on the field

QB - Allen 

RB - Bell

FB - DiMarco

WR - Williams

WR - Conley

WR - Zay

WR - Foster

TE - Cook

LT - Dawkins 

LG - Teller

C - Paradis

RG - Draft

RT - Williams

To me, that's an offense that I would expect production from weekly.  Allen would have weapons all over the field.   

Yes, it's a little Madden, but it's not crazy with the money we have to spend.

Flame away

Those receivers aren't much better than we have now. I'm telling you, Beane is going to try to go big at WR. We will make a play for an AJ Green, Julio Jones type player. And no it won't cost a 1st round pick for either guy. I don't even think it will cost a 2. I think we can get either one for a 3 and a 4. We have two 4th rounders so we can afford to give up one. No one will give up anything higher than a 3rd for an aging receiver in their 30's. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Those receivers aren't much better than we have now. I'm telling you, Beane is going to try to go big at WR. We will make a play for an AJ Green, Julio Jones type player. And no it won't cost a 1st round pick for either guy. I don't even think it will cost a 2. I think we can get either one for a 3 and a 4. We have two 4th rounders so we can afford to give up one. No one will give up anything higher than a 3rd for an aging receiver in their 30's. 

Dreams are free...

Tate just got traded for a third and he is older and a much lesser player than both..

Tyrell Williams and Matt Paradis would be nice, Chris Conley would be an interesting FA if he comes at a reasonable price tag. As far as RB goes, give me Yeldon and Coleman over Bell, I'd rather have a couple of good RBs instead of one great one. Id also like another Jaguar player in AJ Cann, plug him in at guard and we go into the draft needing a guard and a tackle to compete against Jordan Mills. 

QB: Josh Allen, Matt Barkley, draft

RB: Coleman, Yeldon, Murphy

FB: Dimarco

WR: Williams, Foster, Conley, Jones, McKenzie, Brown

TE: Croom, draft

OL: Dawkins, Paradis, Cann, Bodine, Teller, Mills, Deiter

RD1: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

RD2: Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

RD3: Michael Deiter, G, Wisconsin

RD 4-7 (TE, RT, CB, LB, LB, QB)