Fascinating about Josh Allen’s critics is they never played the position

If you look at Josh’s biggest critics the ones in the media who are most vocal in their dislike of him they are non qbs or people who have never played the game and are just analytics guys..but most of his biggest supporters Dilfer, Miller, Simms, Quinn, Romo etc..are guys who played the position just find interesting that a kid with the insane skill set is this polarizing 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you look at Josh’s biggest critics the ones in the media who are most vocal in their dislike of him they are non qbs or people who have never played the game and are just analytics guys..but most of his biggest supporters Dilfer, Miller, Simms, Quinn, Romo etc..are guys who played the position just find interesting that a kid with the insane skill set is this polarizing 

Good point. I don’t care much what the media folk think. 

(But I think we have plenty of Josh threads already.) 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You mean “the” Allen who shall never be criticized?  

That's not what's happening here.  If you actually read the posts almost all of Allen's supporters make it clear that he has a lot to work on and needs to improve his passing game.  The thing we react to is the mindless Allen hate that keeps resurfacing under the guise of "analytics".  This just seems irrational to me.

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's not what's happening here.  If you actually read the posts almost all of Allen's supporters make it clear that he has a lot to work on and needs to improve his passing game.  The thing we react to is the mindless Allen hate that keeps resurfacing under the guise of "analytics".  This just seems irrational to me.

Yeh agreed 

11 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You mean “the” Allen who shall never be criticized?  

I’ve seen plenty of criticism, some warranted, some not so much. You’ve added your 2 cents as well concerning him, so what’s the problem exactly? Everyone who wants to share their opinions about him is free to do so, pro and con, right? 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yes. You can’t criticuze Allen. But you can post positives with the addition of of course he needs to develop. It’s exaclty what’s happening here. 

Btw I like Allen.  Ive never posted anything against him. Weird ha? 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I asked a question. You didn’t answer it. Have a nice night. 

i don’t  need to answer your condescending questions. Yes you as well. 

Edited by nedboy7

21 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Are you not excited from what you have seen from him so far?

Sure he has a few flaws, but I can’t remember being this optimistic about having a potential franchise QB

It might have something to do with the last 20 years of trash at the position. Also might have to do with your age.

Interesting observation. I would counter that most former QBs tend to treat up and coming QBs with kid gloves the same way former coaches tend to do with current coaches. 

Instead of Allen critics and Allen supporters, why can't it just be about discussing his play? If you're not able or willing to entertain passing stats as a way to understand and compare QB play that probably says more about you and your ignorance to numbers than it does anything else. There's a reason we've evolved beyond using only the eye test as a form of measurement and analysis. As far as I've heard/read, everyone and every measurement we have all say the same thing: talented but inaccurate.   

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 6

Yes call me a child. You know exactly what I mean buddy. 

To be correct, I did NOT call you a child. I said “don’t act like a child”. Those with a firm grasp of the English language will appreciate the important difference there. 

20 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Are you not excited from what you have seen from him so far?

Sure he has a few flaws, but I can’t remember being this optimistic about having a potential franchise QB

I am excited. That doesn’t mean you can’t criticize him.  Thats not my point.  What’s the point of this thread? Some experts pointed out some flaws.  The potential frencheyes doesn’t have flaws?  Stop taking criticism as a personal attack. You know like calling me a child. 

Just now, Augie said:

To be correct, I did NOT call you a child. I said “don’t act like a child”. Those with a firm grasp of the English language will appreciate the important difference there. 

Yes. Word games. Continue. 

1 minute ago, WhyteDwarf said:

It might have something to do with the last 20 years of trash at the position. Also might have to do with your age.

I was a bit young for the Kelly days so I don’t remember him coming into his own.

I was more referring to post Jim Kelly. 

Sorry if there was any confusion

Yes. You can’t criticuze Allen. But you can post positives with the addition of of course he needs to develop. It’s exaclty what’s happening here. 

Btw I like Allen.  Ive never posted anything against him. Weird ha? 

No one is saying you can't criticize Allen.  But 90% of what passes for criticism on TBD about Allen is either nitpicking or agenda driven.  No one is complaining about posters calling Allen to task over some of his dumber throws.  But this is a Buffalo Bills Message Board and people should be biased towards the positive regarding Allen - not the negative.  

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I am excited. That doesn’t mean you can’t criticize him.  Thats not my point.  What’s the point of this thread? Some experts pointed out some flaws.  The potential frencheyes doesn’t have flaws?  Stop taking criticism as a personal attack. You know like calling me a child. 

Yes. Word games. Continue. 

I never said anything of that. I was just asking you a question because it seemed like a pretty negative post by you. You answered my question