In the market for a new truck need help

mrags

1 hour ago, Kevbeau said:

Used to have f150s/250s. Bought a Tundra in ‘07 and haven’t bought anything but Toyota since then

Be prepared. Mrags and others will now unleash hell on you 

(I also bought a Tundra in 2008 and still driving it. 175k miles. Tires, brakes, oil changes. No “pain in the ass” problems like I used to have with GM)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Be prepared. Mrags and others will now unleash hell on you 

(I also bought a Tundra in 2008 and still driving it. 175k miles. Tires, brakes, oil changes. No “pain in the ass” problems like I used to have with GM)

Perhaps Mrags would be interested in something a little more economic and environment-friendly ....

Image result for 2015 versa note gray

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Get a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon:

b13380d3-2020-jeep-gladiator-rubicon-2.j

Hopefully my next vehicle sometime next year..........

Except not a Rubicon, I already told my wife I want a base model Sport, my only factory options would probably be A/C & Heated seats (backup cameras I believe are now stock on all new vehicles). Go with the hard top and probably check the after market for Soft top and tonneau cover, and get a good bed liner. Everything else would be added and upgraded by me over time. First 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... It's called:

"A Toyota Tundra Recovery Vehicle"

With a Taco to help:

toyota_tacoma_16_8T0_15.jpg

Its funny, I never see anyone driving Toyotas on trails, unless they are the old 80's and early 90s versions of the trucks.................

I do see mall parking lots littered with Toyota pickups with TRD stickers and 4wd being engaged once a few flurries start falling from the sky

Edited by apuszczalowski

On 12/18/2018 at 3:34 AM, davefan66 said:

Leased a Silverado at the beginning of the year.  Great truck.  Ride is amazing, fit and finish is great.  

Most of of my friends have/had F150’s over the years.  Was my plan to get one also when I got back into pickups.  Test drove the Chevy and fell in love.  If you haven’t driven a Silverado lately, take a look.  They’ve made major improvements over over the last few years.

Without driving them, I love the look of the new silverados. The 2019s. Can’t stand anything earlier than them. Having my cousin look into pricing for me tomorrow actually. 

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps Mrags would be interested in something a little more economic and environment-friendly ....

Image result for 2015 versa note gray

I could fit that girly ride in the bed of my F150

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Except not a Rubicon, I already told my wife I want a base model Sport, my only factory options would probably be A/C & Heated seats (backup cameras I believe are now stock on all new vehicles). Go with the hard top and probably check the after market for Soft top and tonneau cover, and get a good bed liner. Everything else would be added and upgraded by me over time. First 

Its funny, I never see anyone driving Toyotas on trails, unless they are the old 80's and early 90s versions of the trucks.................

I do see mall parking lots littered with Toyota pickups with TRD stickers and 4wd being engaged once a few flurries start falling from the sky

It's why the made the new Ford Ranger Different for the N.American market.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-ford-ranger-isnt-the-ranger-you-remember-but-1831147912

Here are some excerpts from the write up on the new Ford Ranger:

"Now every pickup is enormous and bloated and expensive because people have convinced themselves that these things need to be great daily drivers and pull a boat or bring home half the inventory at your neighborhood Home Depot and because @BringBackFergy is over-compensating for his lack of manliness.  Manliness that Tacoma & Jeep drivers exude even in their sleep."

"But this truck is really designed around daily driving and occasional hauling."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's why the made the new Ford Ranger Different for the N.American market.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-ford-ranger-isnt-the-ranger-you-remember-but-1831147912

Here are some excerpts from the write up on the new Ford Ranger:

"Now every pickup is enormous and bloated and expensive because people have convinced themselves that these things need to be great daily drivers and pull a boat or bring home half the inventory at your neighborhood Home Depot and because @BringBackFergy is over-compensating for his lack of manliness.  Manliness that Tacoma & Jeep drivers exude even in their sleep."

"But this truck is really designed around daily driving and occasional hauling."

You thought I’d miss this dint ya?? Paybacks are a beyotch Lock Boy!!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

That particular model is known as a Hilux down under. Very popular in the mining segment.

Quite dated now. Very agricultural diesel by today's standards. Weak front struts... way to skinny prone to breaking on whoopies.

Fantastic vehicle in sand beaches/dunes etc  Auto in 2wd will go anywhere without reducing tyre pressures.

Interior perhaps optioned different in the US but has never been fantastic compared to other manufacturers.

The Landcruiser is the go. I guess depends on what you will use it for.

Toyota  Landcruier for the win!

Modded.... the ducks nuts.

lc79.png

images.jpeg

Edited by Ned Kelly

23 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

That particular model is known as a Hilux down under. Very popular in the mining segment.

Quite dated now. Very agricultural diesel by today's standards. Weak front struts... way to skinny prone to breaking on whoopies.

Fantastic vehicle in sand beaches/dunes etc  Auto in 2wd will go anywhere without reducing tyre pressures.

Interior perhaps optioned different in the US but has never been fantastic compared to other manufacturers.

The Landcruiser is the go. I guess depends on what you will use it for.

Toyota  Landcruier for the win!

Modded.... the ducks nuts.

lc79.png

images.jpeg

This is a great vehicle if you go on “walkabout” or have a hankering to hunt some elephant in Kenya.  

• Haha (+1) 1