In the market for a new truck need help

mrags

Ok. I’m in the market for a new truck. Specifically looking for F-150s with Super Crew Cab. 

Had a decent quote on a 2018 STX. Then the sales guy called me back to give me the deal of the year on a dealer demo on a 2018 xlt sport with 2k miles for only $20 more a month. 

At the time of the call he told me they were only open for about another 30 mins and the store was closing for their Xmas party. The truck wouldn’t be going anywhere for at least a week or so. Gave me the impression I would have some time to get down there to take a look at it. 4 days go by (I worked all day long for 2 of those days, and he was out of the office for the other) and I go back and that demo was sold. 

Of course there are no others like it. They offered me a other one that they used as a “rental” with low miles. White with chrome ain’t my thing tho. They finally offered me a 2019 without all the crazy rebates. Without the lowered sticker from the demo/miles. 

Looking for thoughts. Opinions. Advice. Contacts.  

A dealership calling you to offer you a cant miss crazy deal, and then it sold before you had a chance to see it in person? That's unusual......

I had a dealership basically admitted that the company does 'bait and switch'. When jeep made their last big change to the wranglers in '07 I got an advertisement for a base 2 door wrangler for cheap which is what i wanted. Went in to look and get an idea if i could get the financing and next thing you know I'm test driving and in the office talking about a more expensive one they had on  the lot with more options. When I brought up the ad he laughed and said 'good luck finding that one, it's a base model with no A/C, no dealer orders them without some of the options and it would be extremely difficult to get one for that price'.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:01 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Watch the news, and whatever the terrorists drive should be OK.  You'll get durability without all those stupid periodic maintenance checks.  50 cal on the roof is always an option.

EXACTLY. I say this all the time......a Toyota Land Cruiser is the most durable truck in the world because if they can run in the desert without any maintenance for years, it can get our butts around town for the rest of our lives without fail.

On 12/16/2018 at 9:41 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Hess trucks are approaching the price of my first real vehicle!

My mother in law passed away and she had been collecting the Hess trucks since the second year, she has 2 for each year until the mid 90's when she moved to florida, we have about 38-40 of them. Still trying to figure out how to unload them. 

Edited by Guffalo

23 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

My mother in law passed away and she had been collecting the Hess trucks since the second year, she has 2 for each year until the mid 90's when she moved to florida, we have about 38-40 of them. Still trying to figure out how to unload them. 

Ebay?

Maybe call the American Picker guys if you have barns filled with other stuff too?

Serious about Ebay though, I'm sure you can get a rough idea what they might be worth online and either sell a mostly complete set or separate, I'm sure there are collectors out there that might be looking.

9 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Any auction houses in NYC that specialize in toys? They could sell them as one lot or individually. 

16 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

EXACTLY. I say this all the time......a Toyota Land Cruiser is the most durable truck in the world because if they can run in the desert without any maintenance for years, it can get our butts around town for the rest of our lives without fail.

Heh. There's a reason those are so expensive. He won't be saving money there....

Forget about the .50 cal option

Leased a Silverado at the beginning of the year.  Great truck.  Ride is amazing, fit and finish is great.  

Most of of my friends have/had F150’s over the years.  Was my plan to get one also when I got back into pickups.  Test drove the Chevy and fell in love.  If you haven’t driven a Silverado lately, take a look.  They’ve made major improvements over over the last few years.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Leased a Silverado at the beginning of the year.  Great truck.  Ride is amazing, fit and finish is great.  

Most of of my friends have/had F150’s over the years.  Was my plan to get one also when I got back into pickups.  Test drove the Chevy and fell in love.  If you haven’t driven a Silverado lately, take a look.  They’ve made major improvements over over the last few years.

Love my Chevy.  

• Like (+1) 1