In the market for a new truck need help

mrags

12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Yet another “fancy” feature that will either a) be recalled for a defective spring latch, or b) corrode and require replacement after the warranty expires. 

I agree... nice feature, but I’ve been burned on these “new and improved” gizmos before. Give me a bare bones truck any day without all the bells and whistles. 

We’ll construct a shrine of burrito shells and LaBatts Light in your 1/2 parking space. 

The Fords have a step with a handle that comes out of the top of the tailgate, that one looks like it could be used also as a seat for those not tall enough to sit on the actual tailgate.

Originally I thought about going with the extra warranty on it because of all the "Bells and Whistles" and electronics on these new trucks. I loo  back at my first truck (first that ran and I used as a Daily driver) a '98 Dakota regular cab and there was nothing to it besides the electronics needed for the computer and Fuel injection

• Like (+1) 1

True truck buying story and possible advice.

Told my wife I was going to look at trucks 12/23/16. Bought a new Lariat and drove it home same day.

Traded in a 2015 GMC I regretted buying 1 1/2 yr. earlier.

Wife knew she couldn't ruin Christmas. We had lots of comings and going to tend to that Holiday week.

Advice is knowing when to take a chance.

.....and that Ford is a much better choice than GMC, and wife now likes driving it.

Edited by I am the egg man

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Frankly, this hurts.  My Nissan Versa Note and I will just stay in Queensbury this year.  Have fun, fellas.

Stop being so insecure and start up that Versa Note now. That way you will be here by the time the opener starts 

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Stop being so insecure and start up that Versa Note now. That way you will be here by the time the opener starts 

First time I met you, you were driving a yuppie-mobile Mercedes-Benz!

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No sir.  You had a white Mercedes.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No sir.  You had a white Mercedes.

You are right. I did. But it was far from a yuppie ride. You wouldn’t understand. 

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

True truck buying story and possible advice.

Told my wife I was going to look at trucks 12/23/16. Bought a new Lariat and drove it home same day.

Traded in a 2015 GMC I regretted buying 1 1/2 yr. earlier.

Wife knew she couldn't ruin Christmas. We had lots of comings and going to tend to that Holiday week.

Advice is knowing when to take a chance.

.....and that Ford is a much better choice than GMC, and wife now likes driving it.

My wife ended up driving home from baseball tonight cause she wanted to try out the new truck.

6 hours ago, mrags said:

You are right. I did. But it was far from a yuppie ride. You wouldn’t understand. 

It had "TRI," "26.2" and "13.1" stickers all over the rear windshield; you had "BERNIE 2016" and "COEXIST" stickers on the bumper and you were wearing skinny jeans.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

It had "TRI," "26.2" and "13.1" stickers all over the rear windshield; you had "BERNIE 2016" and "COEXIST" stickers on the bumper and you were wearing skinny jeans.

I can deal with marathon and half marathon rumors. But Bernie and CoExist is where I draw the line. Don’t you even dare start that bull spit rumor. I will stab you in the face with a dull spoon next time I see you. 

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

I can deal with marathon and half marathon rumors. But Bernie and CoExist is where I draw the line. Don’t you even dare start that bull spit rumor. I will stab you in the face with a dull spoon next time I see you. 

Is it bad if I want to be there to see that??? 

Has a date and time been established? 

38 minutes ago, mrags said:

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is it bad if I want to be there to see that??? 

Has a date and time been established? 

I was nice.  I didn't even mention the "I'm With Her" air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror.

It's on

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was nice.  I didn't even mention the "I'm With Her" air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror.

It's on

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

We need time to make plans! Will there be dull spoon face stabbing or not? Will there be an extra fee at Hammers Lot? Details, please! 

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Fact: @mrags keeps an assortment of dull spoons in his fanny pack. 

Yeah. I keep them handy to Hotwire your POS Toyota and @Gugny‘s Nissan Versa Note. 

Lol. It cracks me up every time I type Nissan Versa Note. I can’t even keep a straight face anymore. It’s what I imagine Backstreet Boys would be if they were a car.