Draft Josh Allen... 2019

1 minute ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

If he was the next Reggie White or Warren Sapp, you might have a different view on it.

HECK YES! AND DRAFT CODY FORD!

Aaron Donald has been that the minute he was drafted. What caused the turn around there HIM or that Offense?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

LT or WR if it's there at the top. I don't like to get too worked up over mock drafts, or follow top college players, so I don't know if that's feasible. If nobody's apparently elite I want to trade down in a heart beat for interior OL

Greg Little has a high ceiling but his fundamentals and footwork are a little sloppy. Jonah Williams from Alabama is probably the surest bet at LT this year.

this is about where I’m at with the Jets. Left Tackle or trade down.

Edited by Patriot Killa

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Greg Little has a high ceiling but his fundamentals and footwork are a little sloppy. Jonah Williams from Alabama is probably the surest bet at LT this year.

this is about where I’m at with the Jets. Left Tackle or trade down.

Reason I want Little is he is the highest ceiling of the LTs. So draft him. Put him on the Right initially with Dawkins on the left 

Aside from the fact he'll likely be gone before we get to pick, I'd be furious if McDermott spent a top 10 pick on yet another defensive player...

Like the #1 ranked overall defense in the league really needs more help, especially when you have the worst WR corps in the NFL & awful O-line.

2 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

the draft isn't the only place to get OL talent... I would prefer filling holes in FA, with example:Juwan James and Matt Paradis, but if we drafted offensive help in the 1st round, I would hope that we at least traded back and got a couple extra picks for passing up elite talant on D

It's the best place to get OL talent for long term & for an affordable price.

And considering the Bills don't like to spend big money on free agents, I'd much prefer we draft a core of young talented guys, then supplement that with free agents & hope to find value.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s more of a late round first-early 2nd to me. 

But yeah..I just don’t see how taking defensive “stud” moves the needle for your team, my guy.

the Jets drafted Leonard Williams at 6 and you could literally stick a no name free agent in his place and we’d still have the same amount of wins/losses

He doesn’t move the needle in an offense based league. 

Jamal Adams, we took him at 6, I love Adams. But you could stick Rontez Miles — our back up — in there and we would have the same amount of wins.

you draft premium positions in the first round.

Ok I get it.. you’re an ass..no need to keep reminding me lol.

Don't worry, you're more level headed than many on here. You're also right about everything you said. Only hope the Bills FO understands this too.

The #1 ranked defense should not take priority over a historically abysmal offense.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

TRUE! Let's draft Eric Ebron with our first pick pick because he's the best TE, or better yet, let's draft Limus Sweed, or Malcom Kelly, or James Hardy because we need a WR in a crappy TE/WR class! WooHoo! That is the most most Bills thing to do!

Great logic. 

"Let's draft Aaron Maybin, or Kiko Alonso (and trade after 2 years) or Ronald Darby (and trade after 2 years) or Reggie Ragland (and trade after 1 year where he didn't even play) or Adolphus Washington (and trade after 2 years), or even  Shaq Lawson, WooHoo! You're right, those were all fantastic investments! Those picks sure pay huge dividends and helped bring the team many wins!

Only difference is the people I named were all top round picks the Bills drafted in recent years, all of whom are no longer with the team and were complete wastes of high draft capital. But yes, let's definitely continue going defense to help bolster our struggling, underachieving #1 ranked defense in the league. They sure seem like they're desperate for help!

I forget, is the point of football supposed to be to win the games or just try to keep the amount of points you're beaten by to a minimum? Is our goal next year to only lose by 6 points or less instead of 10? Then next year we can draft even more defensive players in the first 2 or 3 rounds, and maybe we'll only lose by 3 points! 

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Woah, emotional are we? He played on the edge in college so I thought he did the same in the NFL. Was actually my favorite edge rusher that came out last year...

No need to get pissy and carry yourself like a child. I’m merely here for intellectual conversation with other football fans. Obviously you don’t fit that role.

You’re a Jets fan. How intellectual could you possibly be? ?

I would be ok going bpa and getting a blue chip defensive player in the first and then concentrate on offense. Either way we need to plug some holes in fa first. Would be great to be able to trade down a few spots, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd and still get the guy we wanted

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Said my piece. Build around your QB. Or continue to SUCK 

I hear you. But it is possible to build around your QB while still spending the #1 pick on defense.

Best guess is probably a WR or OL but pass rusher in particular would be a terrific get for the Bills as well if that's the way the draft falls.

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Great logic. 

"Let's draft Aaron Maybin, or Kiko Alonso (and trade after 2 years) or Ronald Darby (and trade after 2 years) or Reggie Ragland (and trade after 1 year where he didn't even play) or Adolphus Washington (and trade after 2 years), or even  Shaq Lawson, WooHoo! You're right, those were all fantastic investments! Those picks sure pay huge dividends and helped bring the team many wins!

Only difference is the people I named were all top round picks the Bills drafted in recent years, all of whom are no longer with the team and were complete wastes of high draft capital. But yes, let's definitely continue going defense to help bolster our struggling, underachieving #1 ranked defense in the league. They sure seem like they're desperate for help!

I forget, is the point of football supposed to be to win the games or just try to keep the amount of points you're beaten by to a minimum? Is our goal next year to only lose by 6 points or less instead of 10? Then next year we can draft even more defensive players in the first 2 or 3 rounds, and maybe we'll only lose by 3 points! 

So draft offense no matter what, even if it’s not an upgrade... got it. We could use the depth. And because defense doesn’t usually put points on the board, we should pass on game changing talent to plug a hole, even if the player is a reach. 

Top round... kinda. A few second and third rounders in there, but I get your point. Were any of those guys a top 10 pick? You know, where elite talent usually is? If we are drafting around the #5 spot, then I hope to goodness we don’t draft based only on need. That is where you can find game changing talent. And I don’t see any game changing talent in this years draft on offense. 

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I hear you. But it is possible to build around your QB while still spending the #1 pick on defense.

Best guess is probably a WR or OL but pass rusher in particular would be a terrific get for the Bills as well if that's the way the draft falls.

Again how many additional wins does a Rookie DE generate. Get playmakers

On 12/16/2018 at 11:11 PM, MAJBobby said:

Again how many additional wins does a Rookie DE generate. Get playmakers

DEs who can rush the passer are playmakers by any definition.

Very very rarely is one non-QB rookie worth more than a small fraction of a win, and that certainly includes WRs and OLs. It's the improvement of the system as a whole and a bunch of the pieces within it that builds and combines to make additional wins.

Thing about rookies is they get experience as time passes. They don't always stay rookies. Any personnel acquisition strategy based mostly on improving the team next year only is so deeply flawed as to be more or less useless.

They'll undoubtedly bring in serviceable FAs at WR, OL and pass rusher. This'll allow them to value talent and potential over position in the draft. Again, yeah, the likelihood is probably WR or OL. But if the draft doesn't fall that way, forcing it would not be smart.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 12/16/2018 at 1:01 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Woah, emotional are we? He played on the edge in college so I thought he did the same in the NFL. Was actually my favorite edge rusher that came out last year...

No need to get pissy and carry yourself like a child. I’m merely here for intellectual conversation with other football fans. Obviously you don’t fit that role.

I am finding out that this is a tough place to find intellectual conversation.  The "Bills Fans" on these forums appear to be very isolated and tribal, not like most fans you find out there in real life.

On 12/16/2018 at 6:43 PM, BigDingus said:

Great logic. 

And conversely, let's trade up and give up the for the chance to bring in Sammy Watkins (and trade after three years), a guy who has managed 3571 yards and 28 TDs over five years. Woo hooo! Oh, and let's throw in EJ Manuel, CJ Spiller, TJ Graham, James Hardy and Marquise Goodwin!! 

Those picks were all great investments too, paying huge dividends!!!

The problem with those defensive guys wasn't that they were defensive guys. It was that they weren't very good. Or that the Bills were locked into a constant cycle of changing schemes and thereby destroying the fit some guys had here.

At last we seem to have managed to find some regime stability for a while. Now we mostly need to do a good job drafting and bringing in players. It certainly seems likely that this year they'll stress the offense more than the defense. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything as far as specific moves they absolutely have to make. They're not tied down to anything specific, including an offensive first rounder.

I mean, if I were betting, that's the way I'd bet. But, actually, I wouldn't bet on that. Nothing's definite.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 12/15/2018 at 11:18 PM, Patriot Killa said:

I agree. It’s what has held the Jets back for years and years. Bowles and Rex think they can run the ball and win games 14 to 7 and it just doesn’t work like that.

the QB was already the most important position but now it absolutely is...so much so that if you don’t have a franchise QB it’s very hard to win.(1 post season of Foles as the exception)

So now with the QB being even more important, the positions around him as well as his supporting pieces, naturally, become more valuable too. Drafting a DE or Edge doesn’t really do anything for your team’s direction when you have a QB who desperately needs player support and playmaker/protection in order to grow.

100%.  It will be highly disappointing if the Bills’ first pick is used for a defender.  But I would not bet against it.  

On 12/16/2018 at 1:01 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Jets fans should be seen and not heard.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:20 AM, Patriot Killa said:

The point that we drafted Leo with Sheldon and Wilkerson doesn’t really matter much because now that Wilkerson and Sheldon are gone...the needle still hasn’t moved. He’s invisible as far as game impact goes and it’s not because he’s bad...it’s because of the position he plays.

Edited Sunday at 02:22 AM by Patriot Killa

are you kidding me?  this guy is a beast!    i shudder when i think of him!  i'd run away from him!   he gives me nightmares!   signed....j. mills79

44 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

And conversely, let's trade up and give up the for the chance to bring in Sammy Watkins (and trade after three years), a guy who has managed 3571 yards and 28 TDs over five years. Woo hooo! Oh, and let's throw in EJ Manuel, CJ Spiller, TJ Graham, James Hardy and Marquise Goodwin!! 

Those picks were all great investments too, paying huge dividends!!!

The problem with those defensive guys wasn't that they were defensive guys. It was that they weren't very good. Or that the Bills were locked into a constant cycle of changing schemes and thereby destroying the fit some guys had here.

At last we seem to have managed to find some regime stability for a while. Now we mostly need to do a good job drafting and bringing in players. It certainly seems likely that this year they'll stress the offense more than the defense. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything as far as specific moves they absolutely have to make. They're not tied down to anything specific, including an offensive first rounder.

I mean, if I were betting, that's the way I'd bet. But, actually, I wouldn't bet on that. Nothing's definite.

I get what youre saying but, I dont completely agree.

I dont believe anyone on this board would not have traded a second round pick for McCoy.

Darby was a steal where he was drafted and at the time that was the correct pick.

Ragland and Washington were no longer scheme fits.

And if Shaq keeps trending up we may be glad we have that 5th year option.

i'll take BPA every time.  That doesnt mean I wont move around the draft board to try and make that fill a position of need.  Which is along the lines of how McBeane works.

After all Maybin was a need pick.

Watkins we gave up too much because he has a glass foot he was also a need pick.

Goodwin would have been a great pick if we could have put HGH in his Gator Aid and got him banned from the Olympics.

Once again give me BPA every time.  Especially since we have a stable Regime.

On 12/15/2018 at 11:38 PM, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

OLB from Kentucky!!! This dude will be our Josh Allen on the other side of the ball, match made in Heaven!

I'm on board with this.  To me he's a real difference maker on defense and right now we have guys that are good, but not big time difference makers.  Drop into coverage he can do it.  Convert speed to power in the pass rush he can do it.  He's a complete player IMO, one that a defense like this sorely needs.  I like Greedy Williams at CB too.  Or Jonah Williams at Tackle.