School Bus behavior

Another Fan

Guess it depends on the ages of the kids. I remember a bus driver when I was in 7th or 8th grade that would cut accross part of a gravel parking lot with some potholes, we were all at the back and knew we had to bounce at a specific moment and we would get shot in the air out of our seat. There were a few times where kids spit or threw stuff out the window that got the bus drivers mad but not much else went on.

Now, my daughters bus that's all elementary school kids, at least once or twice a week the bus drops them off up to 20 minutes late because the bus driver has had to return to the school cause kids are fighting or acting up on the bus. This is their second driver, the first was issuing warnings and reporting kids for not sitting down properly in their seats. The bus driver had a second adult come on the bus with her to watch them.

15 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Guess it depends on the ages of the kids. I remember a bus driver when I was in 7th or 8th grade that would cut accross part of a gravel parking lot with some potholes, we were all at the back and knew we had to bounce at a specific moment and we would get shot in the air out of our seat. There were a few times where kids spit or threw stuff out the window that got the bus drivers mad but not much else went on.

Now, my daughters bus that's all elementary school kids, at least once or twice a week the bus drops them off up to 20 minutes late because the bus driver has had to return to the school cause kids are fighting or acting up on the bus. This is their second driver, the first was issuing warnings and reporting kids for not sitting down properly in their seats. The bus driver had a second adult come on the bus with her to watch them.

Haha one time in the back the door flew open.  Then it didn’t become a laughing matter as kids used to stand and be well teenagers in front of it 

59 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Haha one time in the back the door flew open.  Then it didn’t become a laughing matter as kids used to stand and be well teenagers in front of it 

Me and a couple of the older kids went out that back door once. 

It was a year where our bus was particularly rowdy (on an almost daily basis) and the bus driver usually let us get away with murder. 

I dont remember exactly what what happened that day. We did something that really pissed off the driver, I know that. 

She was so mad that she actually turned around and was taking the entire bus back to school. 

Well, me and a couple of the older kids popped that back door open and jumped out when the bus came to a stop, then just walked home from there (we were only like a 10min walk from my house). 

We heard the next day that the whole bus ended up having to sit at school for something like 2 hours. I guess the principal even ended up coming out onto the bus. 

Someone on the bus must have told the principal our names because we all ended up getting an at-home suspension from school for it, which really isn’t much of a punishment when you think about it. “Hey, you were bad so we’re going to make you stay home from school for a week” Umm, ok! lol.  

I never really understood at-home suspensions. An In-school suspension was a much worse punishment in my book (where they made you sit quietly in detention the entire day, doing schoolwork. No leaving that room for anything but to use the bathroom). 

On 12/13/2018 at 2:45 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

From my understanding, talking to parents with teens....the cool thing anymore is not being a bad kid or doing bad things.  The cool thing now is being a good kid and doing good things.

Is this true or just an exaggerated perception?  It's not a bad thing at all..but it just sounds so foreign to me when I think back to how things were when I was in school.  

On 12/13/2018 at 12:45 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

From my understanding, talking to parents with teens....the cool thing anymore is not being a bad kid or doing bad things.  The cool thing now is being a good kid and doing good things.

It's ruining society, I tells ya!

Like in 21 Jump Street where Channing Tatum expects to be a cool kid, but his kind isn't cool anymore...

On 12/14/2018 at 10:44 AM, BillsFan4 said:

Me and a couple of the older kids went out that back door once. 

It was a year where our bus was particularly rowdy (on an almost daily basis) and the bus driver usually let us get away with murder. 

I dont remember exactly what what happened that day. We did something that really pissed off the driver, I know that. 

She was so mad that she actually turned around and was taking the entire bus back to school. 

Well, me and a couple of the older kids popped that back door open and jumped out when the bus came to a stop, then just walked home from there (we were only like a 10min walk from my house). 

We heard the next day that the whole bus ended up having to sit at school for something like 2 hours. I guess the principal even ended up coming out onto the bus. 

Someone on the bus must have told the principal our names because we all ended up getting an at-home suspension from school for it, which really isn’t much of a punishment when you think about it. “Hey, you were bad so we’re going to make you stay home from school for a week” Umm, ok! lol.  

I never really understood at-home suspensions. An In-school suspension was a much worse punishment in my book (where they made you sit quietly in detention the entire day, doing schoolwork. No leaving that room for anything but to use the bathroom). 

I guess they expected your parents to discipline you. What a weird concept.

A Friend in 11th grade opened a beer ? on the bus. Bus pulled over and driver kicked him off.   

He got suspended for a week.  

Bus driver turned me in for thinking i knew something about a bomb threat.  I didn’t know anything. We were talking on the bus.   Had to go down to office for 2 hours next day.  They believed me.  

Spring of 11th grade was in a 3 bus accident.  One pulled out in front of our buss and then got slammed from behind.   30 of us went to hospital. I had a sore arm.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Is this true or just an exaggerated perception?  It's not a bad thing at all..but it just sounds so foreign to me when I think back to how things were when I was in school.  

Same here.  Nerds were looked down upon to a degree (I admit I was and still kinda am).  It was cooler to be seen as the kid who fails everything.

Also then being a nerd was looked down badly but the worst was having helicopter parents.  Even in middle school that was like as embarrassing as could get for a kid.  Today it seems it’s actually kind of common.  

I guess just changing times?

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

A Friend in 11th grade opened a beer ? on the bus. Bus pulled over and driver kicked him off.   

Bus driver turned me in for thinking i knew something about a bomb threat.  I didn’t know anything. We were talking on the bus.   Had to go down to office for 2 hours next day.  They believed me.  

Spring of 11th grade was in a 3 bus accident.  One pulled out in front of our buss and then got slammed from behind.   30 of us went to hospital. I had a sore arm.   

Life lesson there.....if you’re going to drink beer on the school bus, be sure you bring enough for the driver! 

On a related note, in college I had a buddy who used to do....ummm, “college things” with us on Friday afternoons. THEN, he would announce “time to go to work”. His job, you wonder? He drove an school bus full of elementary school kids. I wish I was kidding, but nobody ever got hurt, and he became a decent and productive adult. 

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

No one taught you at the time that it's your neck that's supposed to be hurt, not arm.......

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

No one taught you at the time that it's your neck that's supposed to be hurt, not arm.......

This sounds like a failure in parenting! 

Ambulance chasers back then were not at the top of their game, as they are now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mead107 said:

You win the school bus story! AND this was in the early 1970s?

But... Lacking one key ingredient... Where is the sex?  LoL... Where does one learn about sex than on a school bus! ?

18 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

my 1st boob grab was on the bus in the morning. we were both freshman, and yes, she asked me to do it.

it was sweet. 

See^^^^^^ that's what I am talking about!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois