Tonight’s game thread Seahawks Vikings

mead107

39 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I doubt that this horrible int gets much media coverage compared to Allen’s. It was about 4x as bad though. Could have been a pick 6...

Allen is waaay under the microscope, and it is what it is. Jim Kelly left a legacy in Buffalo and huge shoes to fill and the pressure and expectations on any new Bills QB has been tough.

Media-wise, if there is a way to dump on the Bills and Allen without watching a game, that's what we get. How many 3rd and forevers has Josh had to convert with the zero running game and penalties?

Miami has suffered in the wake of Marino, and I think any QB that takes over for NE will have Brady-comparison-issues. Of course in NE I could see Belicheat investing in a defense and winning the division kicking field goals.

Edited by WideNine

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Minutes later diggs comes back to a poorly thrown deep ball and catches one for cousins with a defender draped on him. 

Ive been saying it all year. It’s a routine thing around the nfl. I’m so tired of the characters around here on a week to week basis saying guys like clay maybe “could have caught it but it should have been a better throw.” 

Wr’s and te’s all around the league are rewarding their qb’s for trusting them and tossing up the area code throws. Meanwhile ours gets crucified for any throw that’s not getting wedged into the wr’s face masks as we know that’s the only way a bills wr can be trusted to routinely hang onto the football. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Minutes later diggs comes back to a poorly thrown deep ball and catches one for cousins with a defender draped on him. 

Ive been saying it all year. It’s a routine thing around the nfl. I’m so tired of the characters around here on a week to week basis saying guys like clay maybe “could have caught it but it should have been a better throw.” 

Wr’s all around the league are rewarding their qb’s for trusting them and tossing up the area code throws. Meanwhile ours gets crucified for any throw that’s not getting wedged into the wr’s face mask so they can hang onto it. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is what I'd classify as a great catch.  Haven't seen one like it from the Bills' receiving corps this season. 

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m so tired of the characters around here on a week to week basis saying guys like clay maybe “could have caught it but it should have been a better throw.” 

What do you mean? This would have been the catch of the year:

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Wr’s and te’s all around the league are rewarding their qb’s for trusting them and tossing up the area code throws. Meanwhile ours gets crucified for any throw that’s not getting wedged into the wr’s face masks as we know that’s the only way a bills wr can be trusted to routinely hang onto the football. 

Same thing I keep seeing people say about Allen passes where he barely misses a throw and someone goes "well across the field he had an even easier throw he just didnt see it." I watched Cousins throw to his backup tight end (this was right after the same guy had a Zay Joneseque drop) and he is stopped one yard short of first down... well Rudolph was MORE open and had enough for First down, but Cousins going through his progressions had a play with a faster read (even though someone was MORE open elsewhere).

The fact is sadly is because Allen was made to sound super inaccurate and cant make reads coming out of college, people are going to over react to every little slightly off throw or "not the best" read. Its kind of driving me nuts tbh, i've disliked most of Bills since Bledsoe, but Allen has shown a crap ton of potential and to me as thrown MANY MORE fantastic "dime throws" than he has missed easy ones. Throws we havent seen since Bledsoe

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Vikes know how to evaluate receivers...the Bills not-so-much.

Even after blowing a bunch of picks to move up they went all-in to grab "Mr. Glass" Watkins.

Had an attitude even after getting a flat in his first training camp, and either hurt and not playing, or a tackle away from not finishing a game.

Edited by WideNine

Just now, WideNine said:

The Vikes know how to evaluate receivers...the Bills not-so-much.

Even after blowing a bunch of picks to move up they went all-in to grab "Mr. Glass" Watson.

Had an attitude even after getting a flat in his first training camp, and either hurt and not playing, or a tackle away from not finishing a game.

:huh: You have selective amnesia.  Over 2000 yards receiving in his 1st two Bills' season with 15 TDs with EJ, Orton, and Tyrod as his QBs in run oriented offenses. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: You have selective amnesia.  Over 2000 yards receiving in his 1st two Bills' season with 15 TDs with EJ, Orton, and Tyrod as his QBs in run oriented offenses. 

Probably...and old age  - misspelled his name too, but I know I wasn't the only one who felt that the juice just wasn't worth the squeeze with Watkins

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/02/bills-were-smart-to-admit-sammy-watkins-mistake/

Admittedly, looking at his "poor stats" in this article and thinking about our current crop of receivers - gives me some perspective, but the injuries...

The talent was there, but I think the Bills made the right move letting him go.

He is making top receiver money, but has never been to the Pro Bowl or had more than 65 receptions in a season. He had just one 1,000-yard season (when he caught 60 passes for 1,047 yards in 2015 ) and was plagued with injuries (foot, ankle, hip and calf) when here, and is now out 4-6 weeks in KC with... drum roll (foot injury - again).

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

How can the Vikings actually be much worse this year with Cousins over Keenum last year?

Just think of their fans 4 months ago dreaming about a championship...

Primarily their defense, which has dropped off dramatically since last year.

But Cousins and the O have played some horrible games.