Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

Allen vs. Darnold: Analysts Evaluate the Present and Predict the Future

24 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Allen doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Rodgers does. 

Yikes.

20 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Allen doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Rodgers does.

Interesting.

Allen is a rookie playing behind a sieve-like OL and throwing to Zay Jones and scraps at WR and a TE who can't seem to catch a cold.

Rodgers is a 14 year vet and throwing to a 5 yr vet WR with 3 near-1000 yd seasons and a probowl in Davante Adams, an 8 yr vet TE with multiple probowls and playoff appearances in Jimmy Graham, and a fading but still talented Randall Cobb.  His RT and LT are two of the best in the league.

Might one ask why a rookie does not get the benefit of the doubt but Rodgers does?

2 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

Well Allen did have a TD, a rushing TD after dodging their defense in our backfield per usual.... I just also disagree with this "less accomplished throwing the ball." Darnold also had a really stupid/bad pick, and STILL leads the league in INT's even after his four week hiatus. Allen also threw for more yards. The only difference is completion percentage. If you factor in the 5-6 or whatever routine drops our WR's made (Darnolds crew didnt drop any) than Allen's completion percent is only 1% less than Darnold, but add in about another 100 yards almost doubling Sam's. So the real difference is Sam had a throwing TD, and 1 less INT... then again Sam's TD came on a 12 second play where he still was barely threatened and not hit. I bet Allen's thinking that kind of time must be nice

The real difference to me is that Darnold won on the road and he came from behind to do it.  He led a long TD drive to tie the game in the fourth quarter when he made the best scramble of the game and then threw a perfect TD strike to #11 who was being covered by Tre'davious White.  Next he led his team to another score, tossing a perfect bomb again to #11 who again was covered by White.  He beat our best CB  twice and both times White was there.  Those were both big time NFL throws.  Those plays go beyond the stats. 

Darnold threw better, the stats show it and so do the plays I just described, especially in the fourth quarter with the game on the line.

If Darnold was a Bill you would be anointing him the next great QB.  He took a step forward.

Allen did fine, he played about the same as he did in the loss to Miami.  We have no running game and we have a horrible OL that gives him no time.  We have horrid special teams and our defense did not hold up.  Still, looking at the two I was more impressed with Darnold.  I still like Allen, but I was more impressed with Darnold in that game.    I am not afraid to admit it just because he is on the Jets. 

Hey we beat the Jets with ease with Barkley at QB on the road, I expected more from the Bills.  The Bills  underperformed in all three phases of the game.