Dispelling the notion that Allen needs to "stop running so much"

Logic

21 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Mahomes runs on 10.2% of his attempts.

Allen runs on 21.03% of his attempts.

Lamar Jackson runs on 50% of his attempts.

Cam Newton runs on 17.67% of his attempts.

Thanks, Cam is a larger sample size, I bet his number gets down closer to Cam's number over time

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The difference being Mahomes has run 51 times in 12 games this year, which is 4.25 runs per game, while Allen has 57 rushes in 9 appearance that really amount to about eight total games as he played a bit less than a half in game one and a bit more than a half against Houston before the injury. That averages out to 7.1 runs per game. 

That's why nobody complains that Mahomes needs to run less but they do say it about Allen.

Outside of this week's game where he had 9, Mahomes has had one game of 6 and nothing else more than 5. While Allen has had games of 9 and 13 rushes (the last two games) and another earlier game of 10 and another yet of 8.

He's tough and capable. I love it, but it's not great long-term strategy. We need to get a line in front of him, five capable guys, and he needs to work more on understanding defenses and getting it out quick.

you people are so clueless

Idc if he has 4 straight games of 200 yards, I want him running as little as possible. His 135 yards didnt make us beat the dolphins so I dont want to hear it.  You can point out all the facts and details you want but it takes 1 late hit, 1 awkward tackle, 1 misstep, 1 mistake to ruin his career.  He almost blew out his knee and spine on a goaline run.  If we wanted a running qb we shoulda taken Jackson. 

18 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Idc if he has 4 straight games of 200 yards, I want him running as little as possible. His 135 yards didnt make us beat the dolphins so I dont want to hear it.  You can point out all the facts and details you want but it takes 1 late hit, 1 awkward tackle, 1 misstep, 1 mistake to ruin his career.  He almost blew out his knee and spine on a goaline run.  If we wanted a running qb we shoulda taken Jackson. 

Not for nothing but he almost blew out his knee standing tall in the pocket too. 

It can happen at any point and honestly, I don't think he is running for the sake of wanting to take off but needing to because of the pressure the Oline gives up.

28 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Not for nothing but he almost blew out his knee standing tall in the pocket too. 

It can happen at any point and honestly, I don't think he is running for the sake of wanting to take off but needing to because of the pressure the Oline gives up.

I get ya but any time he leaves the pocket it opens up a lot of variables he can’t control. 

On 12/3/2018 at 3:40 PM, Domdab99 said:

Allen rushed 9 times yesterday

Patrick Mahomes also rushed 9 times yesterday.

Don't see anyone complaining or saying that Mahomes needs to run less.

Wow you make so many good points. Maybe we should put allen at rb then so he can get as many carries as possible. The more open field running hits on our qb the better! ?

4 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Wow you make so many good points. Maybe we should put allen at rb then so he can get as many carries as possible. The more open field running hits on our qb the better! ?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. 

VQvyIQE.gif

39 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

I get ya but any time he leaves the pocket it opens up a lot of variables he can’t control. 

And it takes away 5 other variables he cant control, namely his offensive line.

Edited by The Wiz

I agree. 

Coaches always tried to wrangle Randall Cunningham and Mike Vick to stay in the pocket and it just never made them better. 

Cam Newton is at his best while incorporating the run into his game. 

I don’t like the idea of drafting Allen for his big play ability and physical talent, just to shove him into a box.