Anonymous Poll: Would you support a Bills waiver claim for Kareem Hunt?

StHustle

Kareem Hunt in a Bills uni? Would you accept it?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support Kareem Hunt playing for the Bills next year? **PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU WATCHED THE TMZ VIDEO (Nobody will know how you vote SO BE HONEST!)

• No, I would not support such a thing.
    • Yes, I think he deserves a second chance and would love it to be here.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No team claimed Hunt which is no surprise after the backlash against Washington regarding Foster.

Oh well...missed opportunity. Im fine with it either way. Teams will want to see Hunt go through the disciplinary process while completely staying out of trouble. After that happens expect him to sign with a top 5 team and make the rich richer.....smh

47 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Hunt's statements are of concern.  He states that because he's apologized, he "deserves" a second chance.  Apologies are cheap.  Punishment, loss of income, and counseling should all come before on becomes believable and "deserving."

isn't Shady on the books for another season already?

not that i want Hunt around, nor would this regime want him here.

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Apparently so, otherwise why would 352 people not want him on the Bills. And why would KC cut him.  He is a violent person, let him pay the woman and get back to practice.  Why all the "not on my team" stuff.

I don't want him on the team and I'm not shocked that this incident happened. I don't think the 2 are related.

KC said they cut him because he lied to them,  you can believe that or not.

As for the 'not on my team' stuff- some people have pretty strong feelings about violence against women and wouldn't feel good about signing someone like that for our team. I don't know why you question that.

A violent person is a bad thing. Playing a sometimes violent sport doesn't mean you need to be violent off the field. Most players can handle it, he couldn't.

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I don't want him on the team and I'm not shocked that this incident happened. I don't think the 2 are related.

As for the 'not on my team' stuff- some people have pretty strong feelings about violence against women and wouldn't feel good about signing someone like that for our team. I don't know why you question that.

A violent person is a bad thing. Playing a sometimes violent sport doesn't mean you need to be violent off the field. Most players can handle it, he couldn't.

But does context matter?

Not if he was right or wrong (almost everyone admits he was wrong on some level) but if he can be forgiven or not.

*She was outside the mans home refusing to leave.
*Attacked his girlfriend and called him derogatory names.
*The physical altercation started when she got in his face.
*She had absolutely no injuries, left unscathed
*Police saw the tape, took the statements and decided not to press charges

Does any of this matter or should Hunt be thrown in the same bunch as wife beaters? Should this be judged the same as any and every other situation where a man got physical with a woman?

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

But does context matter?

Not if he was right or wrong (almost everyone admits he was wrong on some level) but if he can be forgiven or not.

Does any of this matter or should Hunt be thrown in the same bunch as wife beaters? Should this be judged the same as any and every other situation where a man got physical with a woman?

Im gonna say she is very lucky she got out of it unhurt.....she came very close to going head first into that door

44 minutes ago, StHustle said:

But does context matter?

I can only answer for myself, I might be more inclined to forgive if he was already on the team, but I wouldn't be comfortable making any effort to sign him.  I'm pretty sure he'll be back in the league next season. Unlike Ray Rice, he has quite a few productive years left and a team will take a chance on him.

Not to sound holier than thou, but even provoked, hitting a woman is about as bad as it gets.

17 hours ago, klos63 said:

Fair enough, but "sometimes violent sport"?

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Fair enough, but "sometimes violent sport"?

I figured that would get a reaction. I differentiate between 'rough' and 'violent'.  Example -  line play is generally rough- defensive backs flying like a rocket at a receiver I consider violent.

Its not surprising that no team took a chance on claiming him on waivers though I know a number of posters here said someone would .   Also,  I believe that given the multiple "incidents"  that are popping up for Hunt,  the NFL is may give him the whole of next season off.   So he will not be useful to anyone anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

As I've said previously with respect to other photos of him, he clearly looks like he's on drugs.

He was woken out his sleep after a night of drinking. But I guess to say someone "clearly looks like" doesnt mean you are saying they "clearly are"

In all likelihood he has a drinking problem as he has never failed a drug test (as far as the public knows)

In the light of it now being 3 incidents this year alone I would have to change my vote to NO I would not have supported it. I still don't believe the guy is a monster, he still has never even been charged with a crime. BUT all of the "victims" seem to stop cooperating with police after the initial reports so sounds like he may be paying away the charges.

He WILL play again in this league. If he is suspended a year and stays out of trouble from now until the suspension is up, I'd 1000% welcome this guy aboard.