Does a Man of God Like Trump Attend Church?

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, I didn't ask it.  I answered it.

With two statements from Hillary that illustrate why they went for Trump: because the alternative was equally valueless, but condescended and belittled them at every turn.  Trump, raging asshat that he is, didn't alienate middle America.  He related to them, and they effectively recognized someone who would pay attention to then.

And Democrats, of all people, should recognize that strategy, as it's precisely how they've manipulated minorities and women into voting for them: paying lip service to their interests while not sharing those interests in the slightest.

You know what...touche. I've got to give you that one.

21 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Dude, you want to talk about projection on that one...I don't want them to surrender their rights. You don't seem to understand that other people being able to live their lives, lives that are different than the "Values voter" nutjobs, is not "oppressing" them.

No, you absolutely do want them to surrender their rights.

It's not other people living their lives, it's the demand that Christians actively participate in lifestyles and choices they feel are immoral and unChristian.  Christianity is a spectacularly classically liberal religion, which makes individual freedoms paramount.

But moving aside from that, I am going to call BS on "the system doesn't regularly provide candidates which outwardly embody Christian values".

The system is chock full of them. Do you know how many renditions of "God Bless America" I heard during my formative years? Candidates regularly seek endorsements from religious leaders, and it's practically been a requirement that presidential candidates show some outside show of faith. In fact, if anyone would be ruled out due to their religious stance, it's Muslims and Athiests:  

(I apologize, my quote tags broke off your link)

No, the system produces mealy mouthed politicians who pay lip service to Christians and their values, but have done little to protect their religious freedoms or values.  These are charlatans who lie to Christians, telling them they believe what Christians believe, but whom have no such allegiances.

Most politicians who do actually embody the beliefs of Christians, being Christians themselves, are not generally electable.

Mike Pence, for example, was not a viable Presidential candidate.

Because you are not yourself a Christian, and don't care to understand Christians and their beliefs and values, you have confused Christians with charlatans.

There are tons of Christians who I know who see their faith as something that sustains them and enriches them, and do their best as imperfect creatures. But you don't get to rail, rant and rave about how the Democrats are "devils" and "evil" (and believe you me, I've heard that) and then completely ignore it when your boy ignores all the things you b1tch about to the rest of us, and not be called out for the frauds you are.

This is a strawman.

It is perfectly reasonable to differentiate between imperfect people who actively seek to tear down Christian structures, violate and legislate away religious freedoms, and impose a religion of secular statism on Christians; and imperfect people who seek to protect their freedoms and values.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And this, right here, is exactly why Christians voted for President Trump.

You have mocked my faith, seek to tear down traditional family and value structures, and legislate away the ability for me to practice my religious rights and conversely impose anti-Judeo-Christian legislation on me; all in body of five brief sentences.

The President promised to fight you on my behalf.

I didn't vote for him, but individuals like you have convinced me that I absolutely should and will in the next Presidential election.

Here's the thing: 

I didn't mock your faith- I mocked the idea that your faith entitled you to enforce anything in civil society.

I didn't say anything about tearing down traditional family structure at all. Like, at all. But I am ok with other family structures existing.

I'm not for legislating against anti-Judeo Christian values. I draw a very hard line against letting Christians legislate their values against other people.

But now it's dawned on me: in your, very strange mind, THESE ARE THE SAME THINGS. You've gotten your way for so long that other people getting theirs means you are losing yours. And that's "smearing poop on the wall" crazy.

Checkmate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Here's the thing: 

I didn't mock your faith- I mocked the idea that your faith entitled you to enforce anything in civil society.

Remember back a few posts ago when you said this:

"Cool story bro. It would matter more if whatever you pray to existed, but I appreciate the thought.

I'm a little surprised. I thought you'd think I was hip for speaking your lingo."

The rest of your post, like this first part, is a string of lies; and further, you know it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I find it amusing that he wouldn't talk like that to a Muslim. Ever.

Why? Because he knows they'd probably cut off his gonads and stick them in his mouth.

But Christians are the backwards ones :lol:

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Look, I am hardly Trump's biggest fan.

But I don't care about whether he attends church. In fact, I am adamant that it doesn't matter.

We are, in fact, Constitutionally prohibited from having religious tests for any federal position, and I think that's a good thing, because it then legitimizes all the pearl clutchers and "Obama is a secret Muslim" morons.

Trump has never run with he himself professing Christian values, pretty much keeping his dog whistles to "You can't say Merry Christmas anymore", so I can't even say that he's hypocritical about it. Sadly, I can't say the same thing for all the bible thumpers who support him. They need a serious "splinter in the eye" moment.

Why would someone need a splinter in the eye for supporting DJT? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Because the system doesn't regularly provide candidates which outwardly embody Christian values, and Christians got tired of being mocked and having their values discarded, and in many cases trampled on by the excesses of government.

They recognized that men are not perfect creatures, and know each one themselves to be sinners; so they voted for a candidate who, while he may not have exhibited those values in his own life, made a promise to him to fight for them.  And it's a promise he has honored.

And you mock them for it because you can't be bothered to actually understand them, or their values, which you casually dismiss out of hand; and I know you don't understand their values because you quote scripture without context or meaning, because you haven't studied it because you don't value it.

You now chastise them because you lack and respect for the way they choose to live, going so far as to say you hope Christians "die off" so they will "stop ruining the world".  You go on say that you wouldn't have a problem with their existence "if they'd only shut up and surrender their rights, both political and natural," as if that's a reasonable accommodation.

Christians voted for Trump because they voted in the best interests of themselves and their faith, and it should be a lesson to you about your own myopic views of who they are, and what you are.

I wanted TYTT's post here to continue on the next page, because frankly, it is one of the best posts that I have read in my seven years here.

The most frustrating thing that I run into in life, and on this board (which is why I try to avid back and forth discussion) is the ever present posts from liberals such as Gator, Peace, 34, etc: and really demonstrated by Philly in the last hour.........................is their absolute certainty that they know how Conservatives, Right wingers, Christians think, and what their actions really mean.

Of course it is usually 180 degrees out of whack. It is shallow cardboard displays of what the right thinks, and heaven forbid that they are faced with a strong, logical argument, such as TYTT has done, because they cannot, or will not, even try to examine any premise that goes against their built in narratives.

And then the funniest part is that the libs will project their false response back on the thread, while claiming that the other poster is projecting............it's hilarious.

I will continue to post articles and cartoons, because there is little reasoning with some of our far left friends, 

I will be amused by their stubborness, and I will pray for the continued progress of America (ALL Americans) 

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Swill Merchant said:

Does anyone have any examples of christians trying to legislatively impose their will on others?

And don't say abortion. Plenty of atheists are against killing babies too.

Opposing Gay marriage

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He never referred to me as a deplorable. 

Really? You are one of those people she described as deplorables? Well, at least you admit it. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why would someone need a splinter in the eye for supporting DJT? 

Matthew 7:3-5

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the splinter in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a splinter in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the splinter out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Unlike some of the "Christians" in this thread, some of us have actually had to critically think about the Bible.

Of course, these verses would have made them conscious on the concept of hypocrisy, so I can see why they are ignoring it.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Unlike some of the "Christians" in this thread, some of us have actually had to critically think about the Bible.

More of NPCinPhilly telling other people what they think and what their backgrounds are.... 

You can't even get simple facts correct, maybe you should leave the intuiting to others who are better critical thinkers than you have demonstrated yourself to be thus far down here in the dungeon. ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More of NPCinPhilly telling other people what they think and what their backgrounds are.... 

You can't even get simple facts correct, maybe you should leave the intuiting to others who are better critical thinkers than you have demonstrated yourself to be thus far down here in the dungeon. ;) 

*Pats your head*

Aww, you're so cute. It's adorable. It's like watching the slowest kid in the class trying to come up with a witty retort and instead pissing his pants. You can't help but pity them.

18 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

*Pats your head*

Aww, you're so cute. It's adorable. It's like watching the slowest kid in the class trying to come up with a witty retort and instead pissing his pants. You can't help but pity them.

Bring a single thing of substance to this discussion (or any discussion), then we can talk. You've yet to do so on any topic.

43 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Of course, these verses would have made them conscious on the concept of hypocrisy, so I can see why they are ignoring it.

Perhaps you could explain the context of that passage to all of us, given the enormous weight of your Biblical scholarship