How Do You Say Pecan?

Gugny

How Do You Say Pecan?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Say Pecan?

47 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It is pick-ahn and not up for debate. Trust the guy in Louisiana

You think your nuts count more than the rest of us? 

PEE-can pie. It matters what part of the illiterate south you come from! I trust my wife. She has learned the art of reading and writing.  Turned out pretty good for her, and her PEE-cans is my final answer.  

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

You think your nuts count more than the rest of us? 

PEE-can pie. It matters what part of the illiterate south you come from! I trust my wife. She has learned the art of reading and writing.  Turned out pretty good for her, and her PEE-cans is my final answer.  

I have a damn pick-ahn tree!! Why don’t you ever trust me?!?

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have a damn pick-ahn tree!! Why don’t you ever trust me?!?

Until the TREE tells me, it’s STILL up for debate. Since I don’t plan on dropping any acid. I think we are at an impasse.   ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, no name said:

I always called them pee-cans. yep, northerner, I called them pee-cans (p e a cans).

well, I'm down in the deep south and I'm at a thanksgiving dinner, the only damn yankee in the house. was invited by this southern belle to the feast and thought I would compliment the pee-can pie. said, this is some real good pee-can pie. an old timer in bib overalls looks over at me and with his deep southern drawl says " you pee in a can, you eat pe-chan"

I had no words, lol

Should have said:

"Yep, pee in a can.  But the sh it is not in the mouth, that's in the can too."

That's what southern drawl sounds like.  Marbles or sh it in the mouth.

On 11/22/2018 at 3:59 PM, no name said:

I always called them pee-cans. yep, northerner, I called them pee-cans (p e a cans).

well, I'm down in the deep south and I'm at a thanksgiving dinner, the only damn yankee in the house. was invited by this southern belle to the feast and thought I would compliment the pee-can pie. said, this is some real good pee-can pie. an old timer in bib overalls looks over at me and with his deep southern drawl says " you pee in a can, you eat pe-chan"

I had no words, lol

If they ask you if "y'all a Yankee?" say No, I'm a Bills fan.  Done that several times and it really shuts them up.

• Haha (+1) 1