MNF Game thread Rams and Chiefs.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

These 2 coaches are amazing at designing the plays...the amount of wide open receivers they have on any given play is insane.  Hill is unguardable.  As is kelce.  As is hunt out of backfield.  On of them or sammy are wide open every play. 

I saw a lot of defenders slipping last night. There was something wrong with the field. And the refs called every defensive penalty they could but a bunch of offensive holdings and false starts weren't called. Feels like the NFL was trying to run up the score.

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Again...  See my post about how the Bills Defense slowed down Tommy and Aaron.  

Sure one can be called old as the hills and the other one can be elite minus 

I don't see this D slowing down either of those QBs last night.

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Now that's funny?

More pieces than that Rams D has now?

we do a really good job of shutting teams down. If it wasn't for the turnovers we wouldn't have all these blowouts. We get great pressure with only one great  pass rusher in Hughes and the back 7 does great at coverage with only one real star in White and an upcoming one in Edmunds. So adding more talent on D, which do need some more will put the defense in the elite level. I just think with our scheme we can really shut good teams down.

18 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

it was entertaining, but I'm not sure I want the NFL to look like that on the regular.

my thoughts exactly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Now that's funny?

More pieces than that Rams D has now?

I think the pieces of the Rams defense are a little overrated once you get past the best defensive player in the league and Suh up front. Peters has always been overrated in my opinion and the Rams starting linebackers shouldn't be starting for any team in the NFL. Elite defensive line, decent safeties, but awful at linebacker and exposed at corner without Talib. They have a lot of "names" on that defense. Basically after the defensive line I'd take the Bills D over the Rams D in every other spot.

Now that isn't to say that I think the answer to this offensive explosion in the league is to keep building up our defense. Obviously we need to build an offense that can compete - but I do feel pretty good about the defense we are building and defense will always matter even if it matters less than offense. We need to add a young pass rusher - the 2019 class should give us plenty of opportunity to do so.

• Like (+1) 4

As usual, when the OLinemen are awesome, everybody else on offense looks awesome and become the media focus. Goff in particular had all day to throw. It was crazy to see. Yesssss, him and Mahomes can play, no doubt. But hell, I'd bet Allen would look like a superstar with those linemen, receivers and coaches! If not to that level, a lot less haters would be calling him a bust.

• Like (+1) 1

My take on Mahomes: he looked good for 3 quarters when everything was all video game fun.

Then when it comes time to get a FG in the money quarter he couldn't even get a first down(ok I think he had 2 in 2 drives)

Wade took away his primary read when it counted and the kid looked lost.

He basically panicked and threw 2 balls  up for grabs.

He had video game stats 6-2 with over 400 yds but lost when he couldn't move the ball when it mattered most.

BTW just brilliant coaching by Mc Dummy to give KC a second chance.

They won despite his bone headed play calling at the end.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/21/2018 at 5:53 AM, GunnerBill said:

I think the pieces of the Rams defense are a little overrated once you get past the best defensive player in the league and Suh up front. Peters has always been overrated in my opinion and the Rams starting linebackers shouldn't be starting for any team in the NFL. Elite defensive line, decent safeties, but awful at linebacker and exposed at corner without Talib. They have a lot of "names" on that defense. Basically after the defensive line I'd take the Bills D over the Rams D in every other spot.

Now that isn't to say that I think the answer to this offensive explosion in the league is to keep building up our defense. Obviously we need to build an offense that can compete - but I do feel pretty good about the defense we are building and defense will always matter even if it matters less than offense. We need to add a young pass rusher - the 2019 class should give us plenty of opportunity to do so.

They have a defense built to play with a lead.

they are rushing the passer and snagging a few turnovers from that, not stuffing the run with great linebacker play.

its why I kind of liked Schwartz’s defense for us for a while. Spend on guys impacting the qb, have a cheap lb that can clean up the run when needed and ballhawk a bit on the back end fits today’s modern nfl.