Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Fallen

3rdnlng

RBG has developed complications with pneumonia and is fighting for her life? the outlet that first reported she had lung cancer is now reporting she is deathly ill.

Stricken with Pneumonia, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Cancels Event Set for January 29, 2019

... Following surgery, she has developed complications including pneumonia. Pneumonia often afflicts elderly post surgery patients in the US, since antibiotics have resulted in Multi Resistant Strains of the lung infection. ...

Time to fire up the judicial confirmation engines again

Posted by William A. Jacobson

Trump needs to speed up renominations, Graham needs to spirit them through the Judiciary Committee, and McConnell needs to get tough on Democrat stall tactics for floor votes.

I’m so old, I remember when Republicans were ramming judicial nominations through the Senate, and Democrats were squealing like stuck pigs about it.

Then came Jeff Flake’s attempt to disrupt the process unless a bill were passed protecting Mueller, and then the congressional term ran out with Democrats refusing to carry over the nominations. That left 13 nominees for appeals courts and 60 nominees for District and other lower courts hung out to dry.

(more…)

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

has she been seen in public of late?

which raises one of my concerns.  should ginsburg be required to cast her decisions in person or should SCOUTS be allowed to vote by proxy on the assumption that the actual Justice is rendering judgement rather than a clerk or political entity on her behalf

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

which raises one of my concerns.  should ginsburg be required to cast her decisions in person or should SCOUTS be allowed to vote by proxy on the assumption that the actual Justice is rendering judgement rather than a clerk or political entity on her behalf

I doubt it's either. I'm sure they call her for the vote/discussion.

Oral arguments are really the least important part of an appeal. Sometimes you can change a judge's mind or get one off the fence by clarifying a point for them, but decisions are mostly made based on the briefs.