College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

----------------------------

Ball State is hosting the Tiffin Dragons tonight.

I have never in 45 years of hoops addiction heard of the Tiffin Dragons

They don't even have a link on the ESPN score page

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

----------------------------

Ball State is hosting the Tiffin Dragons tonight.

I have never in 45 years of hoops addiction heard of the Tiffin Dragons

They don't even have a link on the ESPN score page

www.tiffin.edu

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sounds like something from Harry Potter.

I actually saw them play Hufflepuff last week...

it was a real cracker of a match . Tiffins seeker almost caught the golden snitch and all hell broke lose.. there were wickets flying everywhere ?

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I actually saw them play Hufflepuff last week...

it was a real cracker of a match . Tiffins seeker almost caught the golden snitch and all hell broke lose.. there were wickets flying everywhere ?

I’m sure Professor Snape tried to hatch an evil plan, but it was foiled by Hermione and Ron Weasley.

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m sure Professor Snape tried to hatch an evil plan, but it was foiled by Hermione and Ron Weasley.

Getting foiled by Ron would be terribly embarrassing, but getting foiled (or anything else) by the lovely Hermione might be one of your lifetime highlights! 

Any predictions for UNC @ Michigan tonight?  If the Heels had not lost to Texas I'd have picked Michigan straight up, but I think that loss probably woke them up a bit.  Should be a very entertaining game -- top 5 offense vs. top 5 defense.

33 minutes ago, eball said:

Any predictions for UNC @ Michigan tonight?  If the Heels had not lost to Texas I'd have picked Michigan straight up, but I think that loss probably woke them up a bit.  Should be a very entertaining game -- top 5 offense vs. top 5 defense.

if it's the latter of the twinbill my prediction is the first game will needlessly extend into the second game, using all time outs and fouling in a game that was totally over with 5 to go.

looking forward to the games tonight and hoping the tOSU game is over before 9:45

1 hour ago, eball said:

Looking forward to this one.  I’ve seen both teams play once, and they both looked promising.  I give the slight edge to Michigan playing at home.  Beilein has this team playing great defense and with great intensity.  Should be fun.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Looking forward to this one.  I’ve seen both teams play once, and they both looked promising.  I give the slight edge to Michigan playing at home.  Beilein has this team playing great defense and with great intensity.  Should be fun.

Absolutely.  I admittedly haven't watched Michigan play yet but I have a great deal of respect for Beilein.  I went to the game last year in Chapel Hill but it was more of a scorefest.

The guy for Carolina who has surprised me is Coby White (freshman PG).  He is lighting it up.

Really bummed this is the 9:30 game -- will crush me for work tomorrow!

11 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

8 hours ago, eball said:

Absolutely.  I admittedly haven't watched Michigan play yet but I have a great deal of respect for Beilein.  I went to the game last year in Chapel Hill but it was more of a scorefest.

The guy for Carolina who has surprised me is Coby White (freshman PG).  He is lighting it up.

Really bummed this is the 9:30 game -- will crush me for work tomorrow!

What a second half onslaught by Michigan, and what a big win tonight. 84-67?

When I saw North Carolina go up by 10 early in the first half, I honestly thought that Michigan would struggle all night long. Not the case. The Wolverines brushed off that 10 point deficit with ease.

Even at the start of the second half Michigan was up by 4, I was expecting this game to go to the wire, and that did not happen. Michigan's shooting was ridiculous tonight but I was mostly surprised at how they were able to score with ease inside the paint.

Again, Michigan's defense came up big. North Carolina could not get their fast paced transition game going in the second half.

It's a good thing that Michigan plays great defense, because they struggle mightily at the free throw line. That could come back to haunt them in other games this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Yep, @Mark Vader, UM took the Heels to the woodshed.  I'm not all that surprised -- Roy's teams are known for not playing defense until about halfway through the season.  They made a nice little run to make it closer with about 4:00 to go, but couldn't get over the hump.

Michigan plays tough and if their shooting is on they are going to be very difficult to beat.