College Basketball 2018-19

Augie

5 hours ago, eball said:

Another example of Coach K's "greatness" -- sure, it sucked to lose Zion, but no adjustments, no answers, and no bench.  He's just a motivational speaker now.  For everyone "blaming" the loss on losing Williamson, consider Dook was still playing with two lottery picks.

I love the way Carolina plays.

I’ve been a coach K fan since meeting him and Bobby Knight at West Point at a clinic when I was 10. Been a die hard Duke fan since he became their coach. And I agree entirely with your post. I give Carolina all the credit for taking the game to Duke the way they did. It was a great display of basketball the way the game should be played, imo. All credit to NC for the win. 

I was very impressed with Maye. He never stops moving on the floor and doesn’t seem to wear down, either. Not the norm for a big man. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, eball said:

Another example of Coach K's "greatness" -- sure, it sucked to lose Zion, but no adjustments, no answers, and no bench.  He's just a motivational speaker now.  For everyone "blaming" the loss on losing Williamson, consider Dook was still playing with two lottery picks.

I love the way Carolina plays.

I’ve always said that Boeheim is a better Late game strategizer and adjuster than K

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’ve been a coach K fan since meeting him and Bobby Knight at West Point at a clinic when I was 10. Been a die hard Duke fan since he became their coach. And I agree entirely with your post. I give Carolina all the credit for taking the game to Duke the way they did. It was a great display of basketball the way the game should be played, imo. All credit to NC for the win. 

I was very impressed with Maye. He never stops moving on the floor and doesn’t seem to wear down, either. Not the norm for a big man. 

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I’ve always said that Boeheim is a better Late game strategizer and adjuster than K

I mean, Zion goes down in literally the first 30 seconds and you don't adjust your defense AT ALL???

There goes another Tar Heel inside for an easy basket.  Keep pressuring the perimeter!

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He stands there and looks like he doesn’t 

BUT HE ABSOLUTELY ADJUSTS his zone all game. And he is FANTASTIC at managing in the last 4 minutes 

your crazy 

He does nothing, great recruiting and no strategy or adjustments at all

If his team is better and played better they win, and if not they lose...  shrug 

he never won a big game he should t have, lost dozens of them he shoulda won easily by talent

a few years back they faced totally outmatched UNC Asheville in an early round, when UNCA put the press on, Cuse had to take two timeouts because they weren’t remotely prepared for it, squeaked thst one out...

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

He does nothing, great recruiting and no strategy or adjustments at all

If his team is better and played better they win, and if not they lose...  shrug 

he never won a big game he should t have, lost dozens of them he shoulda won easily by talent

a few years back they faced totally outmatched UNC Asheville in an early round, when UNCA put the press on, Cuse had to take two timeouts because they weren’t remotely prepared for it, squeaked thst one out...

Your full of ****... you literally just said he NEVER won a game he shouldn’t...

im done talking

Edited by Buffalo716

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Augie said:

Zion Williamson has me rooting for Duke. THAT has never happened before. I hate Duke. 

Stop it now, Augie.  I mean it.  Stop.  ;)

Well, we finally get the Carolina-Dook matchup everyone wanted to see tonight.  Too bad the game won't start until 9 freaking 30.  At least it's Friday.

You know the Heels want to win this one badly, so they can remove the "asterisk" everyone attached to the first two games.  Should be fun.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Stop it now, Augie.  I mean it.  Stop.  ;)

Well, we finally get the Carolina-Dook matchup everyone wanted to see tonight.  Too bad the game won't start until 9 freaking 30.  At least it's Friday.

You know the Heels want to win this one badly, so they can remove the "asterisk" everyone attached to the first two games.  Should be fun.

For the first time ever, I am almost torn. My boys went to hoops camp at Chapel Hill for years, but Zion went to school with my BIL’s kids, and went to the post-prom pool party at his house less than a year ago. THAT is hard to imagine! 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

For the first time ever, I am almost torn. My boys went to hoops camp at Chapel Hill for years, but Zion went to school with my BIL’s kids, and went to the post-prom pool party at his house less than a year ago. THAT is hard to imagine! 

Hey man, I'm fine with Zion going for 30/10 and the Heels winning by 5.  Totally down with that.