Someone should be fired. Simple

DKBills25

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Right, and I argue that he hasn't really tried to do more than bandaid the offense. Let's see what he can do with his cash to burn. 

Again, cash to burn on who?

This free agent class is awful and there are numerous teams across the NFL with boatloads of cap space. 

Having a bunch of cap room isn't going to miraculously fix the offense. 

16 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Are you looking into your crystal ball little guy?

I don’t need to. It is very simple. 

There isn’t enough resources vs time.

The Bills have ten picks, but how many of those will be actual NFL day one starters? How many will be offense

You have FA but these players who actually do make it FA have to fit a model set by this FO and compete with other NFL teams finically and reputation-wise. 

We have to base improvement from a wins stand-point. How many of those resources will contribute to wins? 

Grumble all you want about how coaches don’t get enough time, but that is how it is in the present NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Give them a fricking chance! Millennials!!

OK, who? You are the decision maker, who?

They had a chance.

They took over a team that was 10th in the NFL in scoring, and in a little over a year created the worst offense the NFL has seen in 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

I don’t need to. It is very simple. 

There isn’t enough resources vs time.

The Bills have ten picks, but how many of those will be actual NFL day one starters? How many will be offense

You have FA but these players who actually do make it FA have to fit a model set by this FO and compete with other NFL teams finically and reputation-wise. 

We have to base improvement from a wins stand-point. How many of those resources will contribute to wins? 

Grumble all you want about how coaches don’t get enough time, but that is how it is in the present NFL.

Will you give it some time!!!

41 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Like who?

Have you actually looked at what free agents will be available?

Have you considered that there are 10 teams with $60+ mil in cap space?

Why would anyone want to come join this offense?

These 10 teams are all going to have the same needs as the Bills?  Doubtful.  We do have three picks in the first three rounds in 2019.  Easily can be used on the offense.  If the Bills ignore the offense this coming off season then I will think about carrying a torch or pitchfork.

Edited by RochesterRob

I think they should fire Daboll and McD, have Peterman help them clean out to their offices, let Peterman share some tearful goodbyes ("thanks so much coach, God bless you, I couldn't have done it without you", etc).....but keep Peterman on the team for a couple weeks.

Edited by OJ Tom

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

These 10 teams are all going to have the same needs as the Bills?  Doubtful.  We do have three picks in the first three rounds in 2019.  Easily can be used on the offense.  If the Bills ignore the offense this coming off season then I will think about carrying a torch or pitchfork.

Actually, yes, they do have the same needs.

The top 5 teams in cap space are the Colts, Browns, Bills, Raiders and Jets.

All of them need Receivers and better Offensive Linemen. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is no argument to excuses Dabol at this point. This offense is worse then any offense had been in 40 years. Someone has to be held accountable. Fire Dabol and Castillo tomorrow 

Daboll is McDermott's 2nd awful OC hire.

At some point you need to blame the guy who keeps hiring incompetent subordinates. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

This is always the retort from the McBeane apologists.

They have done a ***** job and the team is immensely worse from when they got here. It's not good. What does that have to do with who should replace them? 

So, you want to label anyone who thinks it is a bad idea to fire a GM after one draft and 1.5 years on the job and a coach who took a bad team to the playoffs and is 1.5 years into a rebuild as an apologist? Color me shocked

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

How long should I give them?

If this team is not improved by this time next year; then you got me! Give them then off season!

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

They have done a ***** job and the team is immensely worse from when they got here. It's not good. What does that have to do with who should replace them? 

That is always the retort from the not so smart fire everybody crowd! Who?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, billspro said:

Well I watched Flutie then didn’t watch NFL again until they picked up Bledsoe. I have been a die hard fan ever since. Even the year we started 0-8 the team was competitive and had entertaining games. This year is just unwatchable. The game is usually over sometime in the first quarter. 

You're completely right. I was referring to the 04 season, the loss to the Pittsburgh JV team and what has ensued. Atleast I remember a couple more playoff games. 

But I'm completely with you. This team offers 0 entertainment value. I mean the defense is kind of fun to watch but the offense is just so, so bad.

If they just signed some bum who ran a 4.3 and threw to him a fly route once a series it'd be more entertaining than this *****. The philosophy is totally flawed on offense with this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

You forgot that "this is what we all expected and wanted, the team to tank a d be bad for a top pick". Problem is, not everyone thought or wanted that, and no one expected the offence to look this inept. I thi k many wouldn't have a problem if they missed the playoffs this year or weren't expecting playoffs again, as long as they looked like they were getting better and being competitive. Unfortunately they look worse then bad on offense and getting blown out regularly

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is no argument to excuses Dabol at this point. This offense is worse then any offense had been in 40 years. Someone has to be held accountable. Fire Dabol and Castillo tomorrow 

Ha ha there we go fire everybody now! I'm mad and I want to feel better!

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Actually, yes, they do have the same needs.

The top 5 teams in cap space are the Colts, Browns, Bills, Raiders and Jets.

All of them need Receivers and better Offensive Linemen. 

And there will most likely be none of either position there for any team as any top 7 player at these positions will be retained by their old team.  All the teams you list will have to pull from the second shelf from the top on down so it's doubtful somebody is going to sign a game changer.  Somebody might actually be impressed with the idea the Bills have a nearly complete defense at this point barring how this season finishes.  Let's get through the offseason before we start burning anybody at the stake.

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

If this team is not improved by this time next year; then you got me! Give them then off season!

That is always the retort from the not so smart fire everybody crowd! Who?

But how many more wins will next year yield with the limited resources? 

And how how many wins will it take for them to save their jobs?

Do you think it would be enough?

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

And there will most likely be none of either position there for any team as any top 7 player at these positions will be retained by their old team.  All the teams you list will have to pull from the second shelf from the top on down so it's doubtful somebody is going to sign a game changer.  Somebody might actually be impressed with the idea the Bills have a nearly complete defense at this point barring how this season finishes.  Let's get through the offseason before we start burning anybody at the stake.

What game changer?

Have you looked at the list of garbage wide receivers who are free agents at the end of the year?

The list doesn't include the names of any game changers. Just a bunch of #3 or #4 guys who haven't had much success.