Is McCoy a Part of the Future?

Do you guys think that McCoy is a part of the Bills future for the 2019 season? I think by not trading him yesterday means he might be. I would hate for the Bills to cut him in the off season. I don't think he would get traded in the off season with him being another year older. I say keep him for the 2019 season and continue to fix this offense in the next year, even if that means adding a younger running back and using McCoy sparingly. 

I believe he will be here next year unless they get a great trade offer in the offseason ( I don’t expect that). Mainly I think they are going to be focused helping Allen and even though shady isn’t having a good year statistically he still provides something the defense has to game plan for. Without him on the field Allen is worse off. He’s also someone i think mcd wants around due to his mentality. I do think his eventual replacement will be drafted this year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

- Has McCoy lost a step? Yep

- Can he still be effective if used the right way? You bet

- Is he a good teammate/locker room guy? Absolutely 

- Is he worth much at this point in his career? Not really

So, with those things in mind, the Bills have to find a way to get McCoy in space. Split him out wide and run routes out of the backfield. Use him as a 3rd down back- also have him stay in to pass protect at times. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe he will be here next year unless they get a great trade offer in the offseason ( I don’t expect that). Mainly I think they are going to be focused helping Allen and even though shady isn’t having a good year statistically he still provides something the defense has to game plan for. Without him on the field Allen is worse off. He’s also someone i think mcd wants around due to his mentality. I do think his eventual replacement will be drafted this year. 

Spot on Yolo- they just have to utilize him the right way at this point in his career.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/31/2018 at 7:08 AM, Zaso Art Designs said:

Do you guys think that McCoy is a part of the Bills future for the 2019 season? I think by not trading him yesterday means he might be. I would hate for the Bills to cut him in the off season. I don't think he would get traded in the off season with him being another year older. I say keep him for the 2019 season and continue to fix this offense in the next year, even if that means adding a younger running back and using McCoy sparingly. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

The GM specifically stated today he is.  But I guess he's lying.

I wasn't talking about McCoy.  I was talking about offense in general ... maybe next week against the Jets will be the week the Bills offense gets into the EZ.

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Rebuild the interior of the OL and he can get back to the level of excellence we have seen before. 

Agreed and for the right price I'd love to have him around the next few years to finish up as a Bill ( even if that means he's the backup in the final year or so ). 

• Like (+1) 1