Is McCoy a Part of the Future?

On 10/31/2018 at 7:08 AM, Zaso Art Designs said:

Do you guys think that McCoy is a part of the Bills future for the 2019 season? I think by not trading him yesterday means he might be. I would hate for the Bills to cut him in the off season. I don't think he would get traded in the off season with him being another year older. I say keep him for the 2019 season and continue to fix this offense in the next year, even if that means adding a younger running back and using McCoy sparingly. 

Probably for 2019, yes but going forward for when they actually might be competitive, no.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Right on Beane !  don't listen to the instafans

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Are all the Bills' GMs told "Try to look like the bad guy from 'The Matrix' movies"?

Just Beane.

Whaley was part of the Simpsons and Nix was Green Acres.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Right on Beane !  don't listen to the instafans

Just Beane.

Whaley was part of the Simpsons and Nix was Green Acres.

I maintain that Whaley is trying to be cast as the next Ricardo Tubbs in the next Miami Vice remake, thanks to his natty dressing and unsmiling countenance.  I have, however, seen the same stone face in suit and sunglasses picture at NEF for Whaley that is shown here for Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

All-22 analysis: What’s wrong with LeSean McCoy?

Since his arrival in Buffalo, LeSean McCoy has been the face of the offense for the Buffalo Bills. This season has been a massive disappointment. Through eight games, McCoy has failed to log a touchdown or break the 100-yard mark in a game. Against the New England Patriots he delivered just 13 yards on twelve carries. I don’t think we need to crunch the numbers on his yards-per-attempt for that one.

So what’s the deal? Has he lost a step or thirty? Is Brian Daboll to blame? The offensive line? As a certain coach might say, let’s look at the tape to see what’s happening. We’ll focus on carries as that’s the area most drastically changed from years’ past.

Mike Rodak
Bills general manager Brandon Beane publicly committed to keeping running back LeSean McCoy on the roster next season.

Beane told The Buffalo News that McCoy is "definitely" in the team's plans for next season, the final season of a contract extension McCoy signed upon being traded from the Philadelphia Eagles in 2015. McCoy will count $9 million against the Bills' salary cap in 2019.

Sources told ESPN's Jeff Darlington that several teams reached out to the Bills about McCoy prior to Tuesday's trade deadline. Buffalo decided not to trade him.

"There was definitely interest out there [in our players]," Beane told The Buffalo News. "I think there's naturally going to be interest in players on teams that are not doing as well as they hoped. At the end of the day, you have to listen -- that's my job, to listen -- but at the same time, we're trying to win here, not only now, but win in the future. The guys that they were asking about I felt were part of what we're still going to be doing as we build into 2019."

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Mike Rodak
Bills general manager Brandon Beane publicly committed to keeping running back LeSean McCoy on the roster next season.

There is a thread on this already 

you should join in the conversation there. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan