Derek Anderson injury - in concussion protocol

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Right?

That should be pretty obvious.  He's padding his career earnings with a little extra cash he never thought he would see.

Smart move, as long as he isn't seriously injured or disabled in some way.

I think there is a little bit more to it than that. It seemed like he really enjoyed the idea of helping teach a young upcoming QB I just think him suddenly having to start was a real kick in the teeth.

4 minutes ago, sleeby said:

TT.  

Do you mean Tyrod because that's almost a year out of the offense with a different OC I don't think it would be that easy.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Right?

That should be pretty obvious.  He's padding his career earnings with a little extra cash he never thought he would see.

Smart move, as long as he isn't seriously injured or disabled in some way.

He doesnt seem driven by money and IIRC, I think he's only making league minimum right now?

More like he is just doing a favour for Beane and McDermott and helping him out.

I dont think he makes it past the Bye week though. I dont think he intended to start any games and was just supposed to be an on field coach for Allen and save Beane and McDermott from being forced to start Peterman......

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

He doesnt seem driven by money and IIRC, I think he's only making league minimum right now?

More like he is just doing a favour for Beane and McDermott and helping him out.

I dont think he makes it past the Bye week though. I dont think he intended to start any games and was just supposed to be an on field coach for Allen and save Beane and McDermott from being forced to start Peterman......

Couldn't agree more. I don't believe that Anderson is playing for money at all unless he's in some rare dire financial situation right now, which is why I respect how he's dealt with all of this.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think there is a little bit more to it than that. It seemed like he really enjoyed the idea of helping teach a young upcoming QB I just think him suddenly having to start was a real kick in the teeth.

Do you mean Tyrod because that's almost a year out of the offense with a different OC I don't think it would be that easy.

I agree. From his interviews when he first signed it sounded like the mentoring aspect appealed to him. 

Peterman has one critical weakness.  He throws interceptions on out patterns.  If he can figure out why he's doing int and correct it, he's a pretty serviceable QB, but nothing is going to kill your team faster than interceptions on out patterns, because more often than not they end up as defensive touchdowns for the other team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I agree. From his interviews when he first signed it sounded like the mentoring aspect appealed to him. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he said he never intended to take the field and was just here to sit with Allen on the sidelines and talk with him to help him out

If josh and Derek are injured then N8 starts.  No question in my mind.  There is no one else and he knows the playbook - and he even won the starting role just 7 weeks ago.  

Not saying anything more than the logic of it.  No sense spending a lpt of money on an aged vet at this point - 2 wins and all.

6 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

I suggest you watch the games with your eyes open.

I have. He looks better than Josh Rosen looked a few weeks ago with 2 pick sixes. He rebounded. Peterman is not that bad. He makes the mistakes young quarterbacks make.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TigerJ said:

Peterman has one critical weakness.  He throws interceptions on out patterns.  If he can figure out why he's doing int and correct it, he's a pretty serviceable QB, but nothing is going to kill your team faster than interceptions on out patterns, because more often than not they end up as defensive touchdowns for the other team.

His one critical weakness is that he isnt an NFL caliber player and if McDermott wasnt in  love with him he wouldn't be in the league. He has been given more chances tjen Lmost any other QB drafted where he was drafted and yet so many think he needs to have more chances

I dont kkow of any QB drafted outside the top 10 in the draft that has been given more chances when showing no signs of being capable to play in  the league

14 minutes ago, sleeby said:

TT.  

This.  Another major mistake by current regime.  McCarron?  Do we need to keep going?  Or are we ok developing Allen under Peterman like this organization had planned at the start of the season?  Not looking good for current regime

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

THank God, please never play for my team again.

Yeah thank goodness we got the worst QB in league history backing him up

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

His one critical weakness is that he isnt an NFL caliber player and if McDermott wasnt in  love with him he wouldn't be in the league. He has been given more chances tjen Lmost any other QB drafted where he was drafted and yet so many think he needs to have more chances

I dont kkow of any QB drafted outside the top 10 in the draft that has been given more chances when showing no signs of being capable to play in  the league

He looked good against the Texans. He just looks like your typical young NFL QB.

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

But what do they do if Allen isn't ready to come back yet and Anderson is out next week. Seriously without any of the any bum off the street/inanimate object could do better crap. Who do they have that knows the offense that can stand behind center if neither of those guys can play next week.

Does this offense seen complicated?

They ran 10 snap in wildcat ffs

I don’t even know what Daboll is trying to do with this offense but there are dozens of QBs, free agent, retired, on practice squads or on the bench I’d rather watch play. 

Anderson was yelling after a bunch of his throws and looked totally disappointed out there. I’m not sure how much of that was directed at himself or his teammates but I came to the conclusion this guy might retire on Tuesday. Now he is hurt so I guess he hangs around and collects a check whilst Nate Peterman blows everyone’s mind with how bad he actually is. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kevin1778 said:

I have. He looks better than Josh Rosen looked a few weeks ago with 2 pick sixes. He rebounded. Peterman is not that bad. He makes the mistakes young quarterbacks make.

Rosen was thought of as being one of the top QBs in this draft, and had a college career to back up being chosen early I  the first. Nate was drafted in the 5th with a scouting report that had his ceiling listed as being a backup QB at best.

Peterman is an embarrassment to the NFL and would not make the PS on any other team

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

More chances? Seriously, is that a joke? How many quarters has he played? This dribble is insanity. "I don't know any QB with more chances? How about the freaking idiot that started tonight. This is too funny, it just makes such little sense.

25 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I swear If they start him ever again I may go to the pitchfork store.  I’m tolerant of a rebuild to a point, but Np  doesn’t belong anywhere above an NFL practice squad and even that’s a stretch 

In all seriousness can we at least respectibly tank? We'll be the most infamous team in history if Peterman plays the rest of the year. We can obviously still lose without pairing the worst Quarterback ever with one of the worst offenses ever.