Has anyone else had issues with Sunday ticket this year?

Steptide

17 hours ago, Steptide said:

Just talked to them, they said its happening to everyone and they're working on a fix 

Ask direct for some type of refund....or prorated credit based on games you may have missed. The first line of customer service ops have a little leeway to do that.

1 hour ago, Wsam4031 said:

Directv, since it has been taken over by At&t,has gone right down the toilet. Ive been screwed a few times by them already. Called 4 months ago about my dvr not working correctly and things that tape aren't appearing and they said its a bug they are working on fixing but all I have to do is restart the box every time I use it so they wont comp me anything . "ALL I HAVE TO DO IS" Anyone whose hit that little red button on the side of the box knows it takes about 20 mins to do that and get up and running. SO am I shocked that there has been something wrong with Sunday ticket no. Ive had the same issue but don't even bother calling because every time I do I get off the phone and want to put my head through a window.

Same here with recordings not appearing on my list. I've flipped back and forth to MANAGE RECORDINGS to Categories of recordings...back to all recordings....and sometime they appear. 

18 hours ago, Steptide said:

It seems that every week I have some issue with my Sunday ticket channels. One week none of the channels were working, I just had a directv logo on all of them. After an hour on the phone with directv (during the games mind you) it just suddenly started working. Today, I have some weird thing popping up on each Sunday ticket channel asking me if I wanna continue to purchase the particular game I'm tuning into for 49.99. If I hit cancel, the channel blacks out. Wtf. This is now the 3rd time this season I've had to call during games to figure this nonsense out. And no, re setting the box has done nothing 

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I'm chatting with them now to make sure I don't get charged that BS $49.99 on top of my normal monthly charge.  Pretty lame.

Edited by Johnnycage46

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

It seems that every week I have some issue with my Sunday ticket channels. One week none of the channels were working, I just had a directv logo on all of them. After an hour on the phone with directv (during the games mind you) it just suddenly started working. Today, I have some weird thing popping up on each Sunday ticket channel asking me if I wanna continue to purchase the particular game I'm tuning into for 49.99. If I hit cancel, the channel blacks out. Wtf. This is now the 3rd time this season I've had to call during games to figure this nonsense out. And no, re setting the box has done nothing 

ST, I had the exact same problem.  I called and had the phone on speaker before giving up.  I called again a little later, but by that time i heard a message that they know they are having technical difficulties and were trying to remedy them.  So I just hung up.  Yes, they fixed it, but it appeared to screw up 4 quarters of football.  The 3rd and 4th of the 1 pm games and the first and second of the 4 pm games.

I'm not cheap, but that is ridiculous and they should give us something for that even if it is just simply a free movie rental from On Demand.

38 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Same thing happened to me yesterday.  I'm chatting with them now to make sure I don't get charged that BS $49.99 on top of my normal monthly charge.  Pretty lame.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

If anyone talks to DTV and gets a refund or credit please post the outcome of what you receive! Thanks!

Boy, Johnny, you gotta let us know about that.  It would be greatly appreciated.

My issues with Sunday Ticket similar to Stroke 17,  Bills games blocked out in Malta NY (Saratoga  / Albany area).   Three Bills games blacked out so far this year.  I have called and they say they have no control as blacked out games are selected  by the NFL.   I am using my son's college account so only $100 for the season, but this will be my first and last season with Sunday Ticket.

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

ST, I had the exact same problem.  I called and had the phone on speaker before giving up.  I called again a little later, but by that time i heard a message that they know they are having technical difficulties and were trying to remedy them.  So I just hung up.  Yes, they fixed it, but it appeared to screw up 4 quarters of football.  The 3rd and 4th of the 1 pm games and the first and second of the 4 pm games.

I'm not cheap, but that is ridiculous and they should give us something for that even if it is just simply a free movie rental from On Demand.

Boy, Johnny, you gotta let us know about that.  It would be greatly appreciated.

So, I did the chat on Directv.com and they confirmed that the charges didn't go through.  I find the chat feature way easier so don't have to sit on hold.  I usually get things sorted over the chat feature in like 10 to 15 minutes, give or take.

• Thank you (+1) 1

i never had to use it since i was local, but when i was away this past week there was an opportunity.  sure enough when the game started, the bills game just wasn't on there.  only 2 games were, and the owner let me know that he typically gets all the games.  i don't know if it was a sunday ticket thing or a me thing, but i couldn't watch *****.

42 minutes ago, MaltaBillsFan said:

My issues with Sunday Ticket similar to Stroke 17,  Bills games blocked out in Malta NY (Saratoga  / Albany area).   Three Bills games blacked out so far this year.  I have called and they say they have no control as blacked out games are selected  by the NFL.   I am using my son's college account so only $100 for the season, but this will be my first and last season with Sunday Ticket.

The NFL no longer has a blackout policy

I had the redzone channel on all day yesterday and had no issues. 

Glad I'm not the only one having things not appear in my DVR list.  I just thought my box was getting old and that I would have to replace it soon.

I had also been having some issues with my 2nd and 3rd wireless boxes as well.  The main one being that every time I'd turn those on the display would be in 480 rather than 1080 and no matter what setting I'd change, I could not get it to be widescreen.  It would say 1080 supported but would still be standard screen.  I hit the button on the side countless times, changed the HDMI, unplugged it for a few hours but nothing worked.  In playing with the menu settings, I found an option to reset the box to default.  Once I did that, all issues with both boxes have gone away.  The display has stayed at the settings it should, the ridiculous delay we were having is gone and everything in my DVR list has been visible.  I wish I could do that to the main box as well but I would assume resetting to default settings will delete everything on my DVR.

Streaming on appleTV has been flawless.  Even had 2 games streaming simultaneously yesterday.

On LTE had some intermittency, but I suspect on the network side not DTV side. 

Ive streamed Sunday ticket for almost 10 years.  The last two or three have been quite good. 

Never had a dish  of the dtv standard service. 

21 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

No issues around Saratoga, NY.

You guys on the standard or high def channel? I only have basic now as paying another 100 bucks for games in HD is just a slap in the face.

Either way after this year the dish comes down. I can easily stream online for free and pay enough for WIFI alone these days. 

Seriously?  They charge an extra $100 to get the games in HD?  That is absurd!