PA Synagogue Shooting

bdutton

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/10/27/heavy-police-presence-near-synagogue-in-squirrel-hill/

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Eight people have been killed and a number of others injured after a shooting situation at The Tree of Life Synagogue in Squirrel Hill on Saturday.

Shooter yelled "all Jews need to die".

I won't do the man how did this the favor of printing his name but its not Arabic which probably means he's a white supremacist.

Edited by bdutton

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This story ran out of gas...so something else was needed to keep a chokehold on the new cycle one week out from midterms. Enter, active shooter. 

It's clockwork. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/reenaninan/status/1056199245659811840

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's how they're programmed and exactly why this type of shooter would be dialed up. This fits the cabal pattern from both a historical and modern perspective. Disposable active shooters has long been their MO.

This one checks two BIG political boxes (from media coverage POV):

1) Gun control

2) Hate speech/antisemitism which fits nicely in the "all republicans are racist and antisemitic - look at how they talk about Soros!")

The hope is this will control at least Monday and Tuesday's news cycle... leaving them a few days to figure out their next attempt at a diversion:

They've tried bombs and fake bombs

They've tried shooters

What's left? 

Dangerous times. Stay safe out there, PPP. Keep your head on a swivel when in large groups. 

I don't like Loomer, or trust her information without vetting it... but this has been confirmed by multiple gab users before his page was frozen. 

So, grain of salt but food for thought.

DqhwPYPXQAUm1vL.jpg

Oh, without question there's non violent damage done by acts like this. That's why it is domestic terrorism regardless of whether or not a bomb exploded or someone got injured. :beer: 

My point isn't to say that this was a "nothing story", but merely to point out the sensationalized coverage and hype of the event was overly done. Some of that can be ascribed to the media's lust for ratings (if it bleeds it leads) which is just how they operate. But some of it, and it was pretty obvious which parts, were purely sensationalized by certain media outlets/journos for purely anti-Trump reasons. Like the CNN coverage noted earlier in the thread. 

59 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The gab page was scrubbed, gab itself is a fringe/alt social media site. I doubt it gets reported other than "he was on gab! home to neo nazis, we must ban Gab!"

That will come, certainly, because Jack wants Twitter protected. But I'll be stunned if I hear any reports in the WaPo/CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/CBS/NYT/LA Times that he believed Trump was controlled by "the Jews". 

But of course, even with that: 

51 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Oh, it's starting (as Teddy pointed out) 

Let's just say EconChick/IntelChick is not someone you mess with...

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

putting these all here so they're not lost in the other thread. 

• Like (+1) 1

What I learned today:

When a pro-Trump nut sends fake bombs it's President Trump's fault.

When an anti-Trump nut shoots up a synagogue it's President Trump's fault.

When you throw a punch at someone and he knocks you out it's President Trump's fault.

When it rains on your wedding day it's President Trump's fault.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

What I learned today:

When you throw a punch at someone and he knocks you out it's President Trump's fault.

He's omnipotent! 

50 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

What I learned today:

Did you know Trump invented the form cancer that Romney gave to that guy's wife 10+ years ago?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Funny how fast the gab page got wiped (though you'd think they'd want to preserve evidence), especially compared to how long they left the no-bomb-bomber's Twitter and FB pages live yesterday (long enough for everyone to get a good look at his pro Trump stance). 

What double standard? 

hahahahhaha

Gab is an interesting place. I've been on since the start and it is sewer-ish. Free speech isn't necessarily pretty-speech. 

• Like (+1) 1

Trump speaking in Indiana (will find clip) opened with remarks on the shooting. Called it evil. Called it antisemitic and denounced it and all forms of evil. 

Immediate condemnation and an attempt to heal/unify. 

Just like he did when the no-bomb-bomber was arrested, despite his pro-Trump positions. 

... Better than blaming it all on a video, am I right?

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry to break up your fun.

DT waited a few hours before acting like a moron. Not bad for him: "This is a case where if they had an armed guard inside, they might have been able to stop him immediately....If they had protection inside, the results would have been far better.”

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

34 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

Sorry to break up your fun.

DT waited a few hours before acting like a moron. Not bad for him: "This is a case where if they had an armed guard inside, they might have been able to stop him immediately....If they had protection inside, the results would have been far better.”

Your dishonesty knows no bounds.

He was asked about gun control. He then answered with that question. 

Not the same thing as you're painting it, but honesty ain't your thing, BF.